News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 592,172 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2520 on: May 06, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2015, 11:40:35 AM
Quote from: Eli on May 06, 2015, 11:34:46 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2015, 11:27:49 AM
There was some fuckhead Monday who called people who wouldn't agree with his shrieking hot take that it was a BIG GAME idiots and to stop following him (in which I gladly obliged).

That was Tommy Cook. I basically agree with what he was saying (even if he got a tad hysterical, probably because it was late at night and he's young and it was past his bedtime). Anyway, he's still one of my favorite Cub-follows.

Well have fun with that, then.

Just saying, if you're going to judge someone based on one questionable Internet moment, that seems like a weird line to draw given all the people from here you still interact with. After all, I still like you, even after your Mark DeRosa meltdown.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2521 on: May 06, 2015, 11:48:32 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 06, 2015, 11:41:14 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2015, 11:30:32 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2015, 11:14:20 AM

I don't know why it's controversial or panicky to say Chris Coghlan, a guy who has sucked in 5/7 of years of his career, probably sucks. I don't know why it's an issue to say David Ross presence on the roster hurts the team because he provides sub-replacement level production and he's taking a roster spot they sorely need given the injuries they've had and the need to carry 13 pitchers because they can't find one who can get a guy out. What I do know is that saying those things isn't saying "THE 2015 CUBS ARE DOOOOMED HOW MANY MORE TEARZ THEO" but it's easier to just reduce my argument to that and call me butthurt, I suppose.

I've agreed with you on Coghlan and Ross you overly-sensitive, persecution complex-riddled asshat.

That's a little different than say, screaming about Kris Bryant taking a first pitch strike during an at-bat (an at-bat in which, I guess should point out, he eventually reached base).  I mean seriously?  Maybe pass on hitting "send" once in a while, that's all.  Sit back and see how it plays out.  It's really a beautiful game.

There was some fuckhead Monday who called people who wouldn't agree with his shrieking hot take that it was a BIG GAME idiots and to stop following him (in which I gladly obliged).  Even IAN's favorite terrorist tried to get him to reconsider his frothing take.  I don't need that shit--it's fucking May.  Forgive me for suggesting you chill the fuck out--though I am amused that doing so only fuels more butthurt so I'm sorry/not sorry in advance for continuing to do it as long as you're holding up your end of the bargain.

If you actually think I wasn't annoyed as fuck the last two nights you're missing the point (and wrong).  But having to scroll through this shit every time we're ebbing takes me back to the Ron Santo broadcasts.  No thanks.

Man, if you're going to complain about me tweeting "goddammit" and "fuck" during sporting events on twitter I have to ask, why follow me on twitter. I've been on there through like, five disappointing Bears seasons now. Meatball SKO takes the reins between the lines on gameday, friend.

I think he's more saying that every time anybody comes to insipio now, there are a shitload of blue buttons and it's 45 new posts from you saying the exact same thing over and over again, plus then he has to see it on twitter as well.  I think what huey's saying is sit some plays out and log off the computer and go outside or something.  Or just write what you want to write and just don't click "post" on about 5/6th of them b/c we all get it.

I know it's not saying much, but I've never agreed with Dubbs more.  Honestly, SKO, if you want to get upset when the Cubs lose, or get on players for sucking, go for your life.  God forbid we should all see everything the same way.  But if you want to talk about nuance, then take a look in the mirror because of late you're pretty much defaulting to LOUD ANGER.  And when it's nearly all the time (I wonder if you realise how much you're posting on here at the moment?) then I, personally speaking, find it pretty tiresome.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2522 on: May 06, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 06, 2015, 11:45:55 AM
There was some fuckhead Monday who called people who wouldn't agree with his shrieking hot take that it was a BIG GAME idiots and to stop following him (in which I gladly obliged).

That was Tommy Cook. I basically agree with what he was saying (even if he got a tad hysterical, probably because it was late at night and he's young and it was past his bedtime). Anyway, he's still one of my favorite Cub-follows.

Just saying, if you're going to judge someone based on one questionable Internet moment, that seems like a weird line to draw given all the people from here you still interact with. After all, I still like you, even after your Mark DeRosa meltdown.

This seems as good a place as any to note that Huey admitted he was about to suggest Addison Russell be sent down after a friggin week in the majors before he hit that big double in Cincinnati.

I think the general answer is we're all stupid people who say stupid shit and the sportz gives us emotions sometimes (and if they don't I don't get why you watch sportz but you do you, man) and maybe the best thing is to not tell grown men how to feel about things and if what they do feel bothers you, move along. I can't remember the last time I interacted with Fro in any way and I'm happy about that. I am more than fine with being ignored.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2523 on: May 06, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »

Yeah but I eventually owned some of that.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2524 on: May 06, 2015, 12:02:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2015, 11:49:25 AM

This seems as good a place as any to note that Huey admitted he was about to suggest Addison Russell be sent down after a friggin week in the majors before he hit that big double in Cincinnati.

Tut tut tut.  I said I was prepared to make that suggestion.  I'm nothing if not prepared.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2525 on: May 06, 2015, 12:02:30 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2015, 11:56:55 AM

The two subsequent posts in that thread are something else.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2526 on: May 06, 2015, 12:04:28 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 06, 2015, 12:02:30 PM

Back when it was the best thread on Desipio.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2527 on: May 06, 2015, 12:05:49 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2015, 12:02:08 PM

Tut tut tut.  I said I was prepared to make that suggestion.  I'm nothing if not prepared.

Now I'm picturing you under a bare light bulb in your mud hut, sweat on your brow as Addison strikes out again, going "no, not yet. We musn't make this suggestion too soon. 'Tis a great responsibility I bear."
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2528 on: May 06, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 06, 2015, 12:04:28 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 06, 2015, 12:02:30 PM

Back when it was the best thread on Desipio.

I re-read the first 10 pages this morning and aside from the contributions from Fork and myself (excepting my own Mark DeRosa admission) I agree 100%.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2529 on: May 06, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2015, 12:05:49 PM

Tut tut tut.  I said I was prepared to make that suggestion.  I'm nothing if not prepared.

Now I'm picturing you under a bare light bulb in your mud hut, sweat on your brow as Addison strikes out again, going "no, not yet. We musn't make this suggestion too soon. 'Tis a great responsibility I bear."

That's funny.

But I'd still prefer living in a mud hut over a dorm room.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2530 on: May 06, 2015, 12:12:03 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2015, 12:07:33 PM

Tut tut tut.  I said I was prepared to make that suggestion.  I'm nothing if not prepared.

That's funny.

Sick burn, du... wait. What?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2531 on: May 06, 2015, 12:12:49 PM »

That's funny.

How dare you. It is a residence hall.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2532 on: May 06, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »
Also since this is the I admit it thread, I live on a floor that other than my wife and myself is populated exclusively by 21-22 year old girls. Given the things they wear these days I feel like I can't even make eye contact with one of them without feeling like a dirty old man.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2533 on: May 06, 2015, 12:18:27 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 06, 2015, 12:12:03 PM

That's funny.

Unless it's really nice mud hut next to a campus full of skirt-wearing college girls (who might be game to bang a guy who lives in a really nice mud hut), I don't understand this Huey post.

I'll take the dorm room. Every. Single. Time.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2534 on: May 06, 2015, 12:20:19 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on May 06, 2015, 12:18:27 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 06, 2015, 12:12:03 PM

That's funny.

Unless it's really nice mud hut next to a campus full of skirt-wearing college girls (who might be game to bang a guy who lives in a really nice mud hut), I don't understand this Huey post.

I'll take the dorm room. Every. Single. Time.

There's no RA of the mud hut so Huey can do whatever he wants.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.