News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,959 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2760 on: June 23, 2015, 07:24:08 AM »
DPD

... I fucking hate the fact that gin has become so trendy.  I went for years, quietly - and relatively inexpensively - enjoying this champion of spirits without making a fuss about it, and now I have to listen to every halfwit hipster and his fucking bandanna-wearing dog telling me about this, that or the other brand; whether I should be adding cucumber or rosemary; and which shitting tonic I should be drinking it with.  Fuck you and your doubling-the-price-of-my-martini fucking windsock faddishness, you on-trend cunts.  I can't wait until you all move on to die of brandy poisoning.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2761 on: June 23, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »
...Apex and Fork made me laugh today.  I'm done with the internet.  I'm going camping.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2762 on: June 23, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 23, 2015, 07:24:08 AM
DPD

... I fucking hate the fact that gin has become so trendy.  I went for years, quietly - and relatively inexpensively - enjoying this champion of spirits without making a fuss about it, and now I have to listen to every halfwit hipster and his fucking bandanna-wearing dog telling me about this, that or the other brand; whether I should be adding cucumber or rosemary; and which shitting tonic I should be drinking it with.  Fuck you and your doubling-the-price-of-my-martini fucking windsock faddishness, you on-trend cunts.  I can't wait until you all move on to die of brandy poisoning.
The worst alcoholic beverage in the world are the wines that they serve on airlines.  I would rather drink aftershave tonic.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2763 on: June 23, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 23, 2015, 04:15:56 AM
... having inadvertently cursed, amongst others, Big Z, Matt Garza, Javy Baez and, most recently, Jon Lester by basing my work-logon password on their names, you should all be relieved to know that I have now switched to Junior Lake.  Perhaps this thing works in reverse, too?

Intrepid Reader: Jeff Luhnow

Fuck...
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2764 on: June 23, 2015, 10:46:47 PM »
... I am enjoying every minute of this.

I have worked shoulder to fat gut shoulder with White Sox fans for the last 30 years.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2765 on: June 23, 2015, 11:15:36 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 23, 2015, 10:46:47 PM

I have worked shoulder to fat gut shoulder with White Sox fans for the last 30 years.

A guy I lived with in college for a few years was a Sox fan. He never let me hear the end of it in 2005 and many "He gone!"s were heard on the living room TV. We got to be good friends despite his shit taste in baseball teams. He ended up killing himself back in February.

I can't help but feel at least a little guilty that (if I'm being brutally honest, here) one of the reasons I regret his passing is that I'll never be able to rub the ever-loving shit out of his nose in the Cubs' impending string of world championships.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2766 on: June 24, 2015, 07:46:01 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 23, 2015, 11:15:36 PM

A guy I lived with in college for a few years was a Sox fan. He never let me hear the end of it in 2005 and many "He gone!"s were heard on the living room TV. We got to be good friends despite his shit taste in baseball teams. He ended up killing himself back in February.

I can't help but feel at least a little guilty that (if I'm being brutally honest, here) one of the reasons I regret his passing is that I'll never be able to rub the ever-loving shit out of his nose in the Cubs' impending string of world championships.

Sorry for your loss, Chuck D.  But no--you shouldn't feel guilty about missing the opportunity.  When our friends die young we have all kinds of regrets.  That's all that is, is a regret.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2767 on: June 24, 2015, 08:59:54 AM »
...last year I lamented the Cubs awful twitter presence and now they've handed the keys over to some smart-ass who consistently owns the dumbest cub-trolls online and it's fabulous.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2768 on: June 24, 2015, 09:03:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 24, 2015, 08:59:54 AM
...last year I lamented the Cubs awful twitter presence and now they've handed the keys over to some smart-ass who consistently owns the dumbest cub-trolls online and it's fabulous.

Yeah whoever that guy is he's hilarious. I approve.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2769 on: June 24, 2015, 09:04:58 AM »

I think their social guy has been there a while, according to your employer. So they must have found someone else with an actual personality to run the account. Not sure who it is though.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2770 on: June 24, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 24, 2015, 07:46:01 AM

Sorry for your loss, Chuck D.  But no--you shouldn't feel guilty about missing the opportunity.  When our friends die young we have all kinds of regrets.  That's all that is, is a regret.
I know that it is heresy to say this, but based on eight decades of experience, there is more to life than baseball.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2771 on: June 24, 2015, 10:25:54 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 24, 2015, 09:47:57 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 24, 2015, 07:46:01 AM

I know that it is heresy to say this, but based on eight decades of experience, there is more to life than baseball.

I'm going to suggest that we all just pretend Stew didn't say this.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2772 on: June 24, 2015, 11:16:57 AM »
....I wish I could see the alternate universe where Chuck's much desired Cano signing actually happened, just to watch how quickly he would have turned on him this year even though he was the biggest and most annoying proponent of the move.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2773 on: June 24, 2015, 11:23:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 24, 2015, 11:16:57 AM
....I wish I could see the alternate universe where Chuck's much desired Cano signing actually happened, just to watch how quickly he would have turned on him this year even though he was the biggest and most annoying proponent of the move.

Maybe the M's will trade him for Castro.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2774 on: June 24, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 24, 2015, 09:03:42 AM

Yeah whoever that guy is he's hilarious. I approve.

Any greatest hits to give us Luddites a sense?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?