News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,727 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3090 on: October 06, 2015, 01:07:16 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 06, 2015, 01:00:40 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 12:17:58 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 06, 2015, 11:48:55 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 11:46:14 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 06, 2015, 11:44:19 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 06, 2015, 11:33:33 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 06, 2015, 11:25:49 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 06, 2015, 11:15:12 AM
I'm not nervous at all. Not just because I believe Jake Arrieta will throw 17 scoreless innings if that's what they need to win, but also because it isn't like 2008 where the window was closing. The window is still not fully open. Whatever happens here is just the next step in the plan.

No nerves here either, Brother Fork, and I think I'll be ok if the Cubs lose. I just don't want them to lose through some boneheaded idiotic fluke soulcrushing play.

Fuck that.  I'm nervous as hell and I will absolutely not be all right about the Cubs losing.  Are you kidding me?  162 games as one of the very best teams in baseball and all of a sudden, good night?  I'll be fucking gutted.

Do you have a way to watch over there? Or are you going to have to follow Gamecast or whatever? That'd be even more brutal.

Mlb.tv on my PS3, old chum.  I'll be watching both live, and in HD.  And in the small hours of the morning.

Does MLB.tv include the postseason? I thought it was regular season only. I guess you'd know better than me.

Yeah, you buy a full-season pass at the beginning of the year.  In case I've bungled (and I'm sure I haven't), though, you can buy a post-season pass for next to nothing anyway.

Ahh, looks like you're good because you're international. It's not included for us here in the U.S.

I wonder if Canada counts as "international." I hope so.

I don't believe so. You can blame the Blue Jays for that.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3091 on: October 06, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 06, 2015, 01:07:16 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 06, 2015, 01:00:40 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 12:17:58 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 06, 2015, 11:48:55 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 11:46:14 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 06, 2015, 11:44:19 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 11:42:11 AM
I'm not nervous at all. Not just because I believe Jake Arrieta will throw 17 scoreless innings if that's what they need to win, but also because it isn't like 2008 where the window was closing. The window is still not fully open. Whatever happens here is just the next step in the plan.

No nerves here either, Brother Fork, and I think I'll be ok if the Cubs lose. I just don't want them to lose through some boneheaded idiotic fluke soulcrushing play.

Fuck that.  I'm nervous as hell and I will absolutely not be all right about the Cubs losing.  Are you kidding me?  162 games as one of the very best teams in baseball and all of a sudden, good night?  I'll be fucking gutted.

Do you have a way to watch over there? Or are you going to have to follow Gamecast or whatever? That'd be even more brutal.

Mlb.tv on my PS3, old chum.  I'll be watching both live, and in HD.  And in the small hours of the morning.

Does MLB.tv include the postseason? I thought it was regular season only. I guess you'd know better than me.

Yeah, you buy a full-season pass at the beginning of the year.  In case I've bungled (and I'm sure I haven't), though, you can buy a post-season pass for next to nothing anyway.

Ahh, looks like you're good because you're international. It's not included for us here in the U.S.

I wonder if Canada counts as "international." I hope so.

I don't believe so. You can blame the Blue Jays for that.

That's ok. I'll just VPN it. Starting tomorrow night, and for hopefully 3 weeks, I'm going to be British, guv'na.
M'lady.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3092 on: October 06, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 12:54:53 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 06, 2015, 12:50:11 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 06, 2015, 12:37:53 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 12:22:57 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 06, 2015, 12:06:10 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 12:00:00 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 06, 2015, 11:58:17 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 11:46:48 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 06, 2015, 11:43:28 AM
...at this point I think Fork is mostly trolling SKO and Eli with his "the Cubs are going to be guaranteed awesome for the next 5 years" bit and I get a big kick out of how quickly they pounce on every statement.

I'm pretty sure he is, too, but I don't really care.

I'm just slowly venting it all out now so I don't stab Fork or anyone else who tries to play Cubs Fan Emotion Cop here or on twitter when some of us have the gall to actually be upset about our team losing in the playoffs. If they lose an NLDS to the Cardinals or something on a walkoff homer or a blown save or something and I hear WELL THEY WERE A YEAR AHEAD OF SCHEDULE ANYWAY before I have had the chance to properly grieve someone's gonna get my rage vomit all over 'em and it won't be pretty.

Y'all have been warned.

Look, I'm not going to tell you how to live, and I know this thought probably never crossed your mind, but you might want to stay off the internet starting at about 6 pm tomorrow.  

I intend to. That is my gift to you. My wife is taking possession of my phone, and some friends are coming over so that I have to pretend to not be a crazy person in their presence (while this may seem counterproductive, it is a method that's proven successful in the past as there's only a select number of people I will make a total ass of myself in front of).

Well, aren't we the lucky ones?

Like many people I scoured the internet until finding a fringe messageboard what could tolerate my insanity.

You assume too much.

Maybe you should instead accept your part of the blame. Perhaps 14 year old SKO would have been better off if he'd discovered the pollyannas of BCB, but instead he found you people, and his formative years were spent listening to PANK's rants and Slaky's cynicism and Andy's irreverence.

Y'all corrupted my youth and want to bitch about the man I became. For shame. FOR SHAME.

Made you a criminal and sent you down a wayward path before stealing your youth?

Once, as a wet-behind-the-ears youth who had never even hailed a cab, I took the train into the big city to meet these people. A tiny man offered me weed. I got caught in the middle of a stand down between a man in a velvet blazer and an angry Sun Times columnist obsessed with debt loads. Some older gentlemen conspired to ply me with free whiskey until I found myself disgorging a not inconsiderable amount of bacon and sausage into the tiny man's toilet.

Yet these same people wonder how I turned out so angry and messed up.

I'm good with all this.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3093 on: October 06, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »
I have no idea how I'm going to feel tomorrow. I would anticipate an extreme level of distraction, which is a bad deal for me considering how challenging my job is right now. If they lose, I'm going to be pretty bummed out, not because of what happened in 1984-2008 but because I have been really excited about watching the playoffs - as I do every year - with the Cubs included. Missing out on that will probably sicken me to the point that I won't watch anything past Wednesday.

Now that I'm all-in on skipping this NFL season, the Blackhawks have given my mouth a bad taste thanks to Kane and the NBA season remains a month away, I would have more time to dedicate to my job, and the process of finding a new one that doesn't make me want to jump off of a high rise apartment building every day.

So Go Cubs.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3094 on: October 06, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 11:41:20 AM

I think Fork thinks that people are literally incapable of being both A)disappointed if the Cubs lose, because this is a good fucking team with a  real shot and anytime you miss one of those chances it sucks and B) optimistic about the future of the team regardless.

People are capable of any feelings they want to have. That even includes having fun prior to the work day being done.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3095 on: October 06, 2015, 01:30:43 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on October 06, 2015, 01:27:47 PM
I have no idea how I'm going to feel tomorrow. I would anticipate an extreme level of distraction, which is a bad deal for me considering how challenging my job is right now. If they lose, I'm going to be pretty bummed out, not because of what happened in 1984-2008 but because I have been really excited about watching the playoffs - as I do every year - with the Cubs included. Missing out on that will probably sicken me to the point that I won't watch anything past Wednesday.

Now that I'm all-in on skipping this NFL season, the Blackhawks have given my mouth a bad taste thanks to Kane and the NBA season remains a month away, I would have more time to dedicate to my job, and the process of finding a new one that doesn't make me want to jump off of a high rise apartment building every day.

So Go Cubs.

If you don't mind my asking, what are you doing for a living?
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3096 on: October 06, 2015, 03:52:46 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 06, 2015, 01:30:43 PM

So Go Cubs.

If you don't mind my asking, what are you doing for a living?

Too much.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3097 on: October 06, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »

So Go Cubs.

I know exactly what you mean. Job sucks, NFL sucks, everything else is meh... but I would really miss coming home from work, turning on the Cubs, pointing my baby boy at the TV, and watching some baseball with him. If they lose baseball is basically over, and I'm not ready for it to be over.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3098 on: October 06, 2015, 05:47:39 PM »
... I'm not one for superstitions, but there's a flock of 5-6 Cardinals bouncing around on the ground outside the window of my basement laptop science lair. They're chirping incessantly and generally being annoying little fuckers.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3099 on: October 06, 2015, 05:49:43 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 06, 2015, 05:47:39 PM
... I'm not one for superstitions, but there's a flock of 5-6 Cardinals bouncing around on the ground outside the window of my basement laptop science lair. They're chirping incessantly and generally being annoying little fuckers.

They're worried. That's why they're fucking with you instead of some Pirates fan.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3100 on: October 06, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »
I admit it: I'm grateful you guys have given me a chance to participate in Cubs talk this season on this forum. It's nice to be able to talk about this team with folks. You obviously didn't have to do that, since I've given you plenty of reasons in the past to ignore me or go after me for being here. Thanks especially to Mike who seems to be going out of his way to stick up for me. I'm hopeful that I don't do anything to mess this up.

... he posts, practically begging people to fuck with him.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3101 on: October 06, 2015, 06:08:54 PM »
I've never actually seen Back to the Future II.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3102 on: October 06, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 06, 2015, 06:08:54 PM
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3103 on: October 06, 2015, 06:59:29 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 06, 2015, 06:08:54 PM

It's the DIE HARD of Back to the Future movies, if that helps.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3104 on: October 06, 2015, 07:32:02 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 12:22:57 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 06, 2015, 12:06:10 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 12:00:00 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 06, 2015, 11:58:17 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2015, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 11:46:48 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 06, 2015, 11:43:28 AM
...at this point I think Fork is mostly trolling SKO and Eli with his "the Cubs are going to be guaranteed awesome for the next 5 years" bit and I get a big kick out of how quickly they pounce on every statement.

I'm pretty sure he is, too, but I don't really care.

I'm just slowly venting it all out now so I don't stab Fork or anyone else who tries to play Cubs Fan Emotion Cop here or on twitter when some of us have the gall to actually be upset about our team losing in the playoffs. If they lose an NLDS to the Cardinals or something on a walkoff homer or a blown save or something and I hear WELL THEY WERE A YEAR AHEAD OF SCHEDULE ANYWAY before I have had the chance to properly grieve someone's gonna get my rage vomit all over 'em and it won't be pretty.

Y'all have been warned.

Look, I'm not going to tell you how to live, and I know this thought probably never crossed your mind, but you might want to stay off the internet starting at about 6 pm tomorrow. 

I intend to. That is my gift to you. My wife is taking possession of my phone, and some friends are coming over so that I have to pretend to not be a crazy person in their presence (while this may seem counterproductive, it is a method that's proven successful in the past as there's only a select number of people I will make a total ass of myself in front of).

Well, aren't we the lucky ones?

Like many people I scoured the internet until finding a fringe messageboard what could tolerate my insanity.

Good luck in your new environs.