News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,631 )

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3120 on: October 07, 2015, 07:34:36 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 07, 2015, 01:41:46 AM
Quote from: air2300 on October 06, 2015, 08:47:37 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 06, 2015, 07:41:58 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 07:39:42 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 06, 2015, 06:02:51 PM
I admit it: I'm grateful you guys have given me a chance to participate in Cubs talk this season on this forum. It's nice to be able to talk about this team with folks. You obviously didn't have to do that, since I've given you plenty of reasons in the past to ignore me or go after me for being here. Thanks especially to Mike who seems to be going out of his way to stick up for me. I'm hopeful that I don't do anything to mess this up.

... he posts, practically begging people to fuck with him.

It's nice to have new-old blood around here. I wish more people from Desipio's Past would come back.

Paul was hoping you'd say that.

Edited to add: what ever happened to the fellow who used to type as though he had a thesaurus near his computer? He always used odd words, slightly incorrectly.
Me?

TPD.  I'm surprised you had time to post, old friend: I presumed you were spending your every waking moment throwing bottles at South Africans...
Come on, they were just throwing the trash away like they normally do.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3121 on: October 07, 2015, 08:13:47 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 07, 2015, 07:28:31 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 06, 2015, 10:14:17 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 06, 2015, 07:47:01 PM
I admit it: I'm grateful you guys have given me a chance to participate in Cubs talk this season on this forum. It's nice to be able to talk about this team with folks. You obviously didn't have to do that, since I've given you plenty of reasons in the past to ignore me or go after me for being here. Thanks especially to Mike who seems to be going out of his way to stick up for me. I'm hopeful that I don't do anything to mess this up.

It's nice to have new-old blood around here. I wish more people from Desipio's Past would come back.

Edited to add: what ever happened to the fellow who used to type as though he had a thesaurus near his computer? He always used odd words, slightly incorrectly.

Wheezer? He suffocated to death under an avalanche of stray cats.

My buddy Gareth, who a lot of you may know because he seems to show up at a lot of hockee related things, claims to have seen Wheezer at the Newark airport a few weeks ago. So I guess he's alive.

You mean BH

Yes. Well, no. But yes.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3122 on: October 07, 2015, 08:33:01 AM »

My buddy Gareth, who a lot of you may know because he seems to show up at a lot of hockee related things, claims to have seen Wheezer at the Newark airport a few weeks ago. So I guess he's alive.

I ran into Gareth on Southport.  I was back from a Cubs game with one of the Donohues after Arrieta made The Pirates his bitch a couple weeks ago.  No Wheezer, though.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3123 on: October 07, 2015, 08:33:30 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 07, 2015, 01:39:22 AM

DPD.  He may have deliberately and self-consciously used a unique vocabulary, and references that were... well, obscure doesn't really cover it, does it?... but if there's one thing we know about Wheezer, it's that his usage is always, always painstakingly correct.

Yeah, the issue with comprehending Wheezer was never incorrect usage. It was always incorrect dosage.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3124 on: October 07, 2015, 08:59:03 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 07, 2015, 08:33:01 AM

I ran into Gareth on Southport.  I was back from a Cubs game with one of the Donohues after Arrieta made The Pirates his bitch a couple weeks ago.  No Wheezer, though.

He told me, and he thinks Desipiots are stalking him because he saw both you and Wheezer.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3125 on: October 07, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »

I ran into Gareth on Southport.  I was back from a Cubs game with one of the Donohues after Arrieta made The Pirates (?!!!) his bitch a couple weeks ago.  No Wheezer, though.

Umm, it was the Brewers and it was only 2 weeks ago, buddy.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3126 on: October 07, 2015, 09:03:03 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 07, 2015, 08:59:32 AM

I ran into Gareth on Southport.  I was back from a Cubs game with one of the Donohues after Arrieta made The Pirates (?!!!) his bitch a couple weeks ago.  No Wheezer, though.

You're right.  I saw Arrieta kick the shit out of The Pirates in his next start on that Sunday.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3127 on: October 07, 2015, 09:04:16 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 07, 2015, 08:33:30 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 07, 2015, 01:39:22 AM

DPD.  He may have deliberately and self-consciously used a unique vocabulary, and references that were... well, obscure doesn't really cover it, does it?... but if there's one thing we know about Wheezer, it's that his usage is always, always painstakingly correct.

Yeah, the issue with comprehending Wheezer was never incorrect usage. It was always incorrect dosage.

The same can be said about TDubbs, which is why they were such close friends.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3128 on: October 07, 2015, 09:23:10 AM »

something something high

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3129 on: October 07, 2015, 09:25:23 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 07, 2015, 09:23:10 AM

something something high

Nope.  I just happened to see two Arrieta starts in a row and got the opponents mixed up.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3130 on: October 07, 2015, 10:59:20 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 07, 2015, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 07, 2015, 09:23:10 AM

something something high

Nope.  I just happened to see two Arrieta starts in a row and got the opponents mixed up.

I genuinely miss Wheezer.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3131 on: October 07, 2015, 11:05:14 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 07, 2015, 08:59:03 AM

He told me, and he thinks Desipiots are stalking him because he saw both you and Wheezer.

If he's worried, he should move to Boulder.  No matter how hard he tries, he'll never bump into a Desipiot there.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3132 on: October 07, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 07, 2015, 11:05:14 AM

I ran into Gareth on Southport.  I was back from a Cubs game with one of the Donohues after Arrieta made The Pirates his bitch a couple weeks ago.  No Wheezer, though.

If he's worried, he should move to Boulder.  No matter how hard he tries, he'll never bump into a Desipiot there.

Despite my reputation, I did have every intention to see you (and Oleg.) 

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3133 on: October 07, 2015, 11:42:12 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 07, 2015, 11:38:38 AM

I ran into Gareth on Southport.  I was back from a Cubs game with one of the Donohues after Arrieta made The Pirates his bitch a couple weeks ago.  No Wheezer, though.

If he's worried, he should move to Boulder.  No matter how hard he tries, he'll never bump into a Desipiot there.

And now you're too late on both counts.  YOUR LOSS!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3134 on: October 07, 2015, 11:43:36 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 07, 2015, 11:42:12 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 07, 2015, 11:38:38 AM

And now you're too late on both counts.  YOUR LOSS!

Tonk aside, I kind of expected you to be here for more than 3 weeks.