News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,184 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3135 on: October 07, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
...after being surprisingly calm all season I am in full-on "guts in a knot" freak-out mode. The first pitch couldn't come soon enough.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3136 on: October 07, 2015, 03:08:05 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 07, 2015, 02:12:42 PM
...after being surprisingly calm all season I am in full-on "guts in a knot" freak-out mode. The first pitch couldn't come soon enough.

I'm almost the opposite*. There's at least some chance the Cubs' season ends tonight (big, if true) and it's been so fun, I'm just enjoying that we have a game to look forward to tonight.

* My views are subject to change at any given moment.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3137 on: October 07, 2015, 03:11:39 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 07, 2015, 03:08:05 PM
Quote from: Bort on October 07, 2015, 02:12:42 PM

I'm almost the opposite*. There's at least some chance the Cubs' season ends tonight (big, if true) and it's been so fun, I'm just enjoying that we have a game to look forward to tonight.

* My views are subject to change at any given moment.

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3138 on: October 07, 2015, 03:22:23 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 07, 2015, 11:43:36 AM
Quote from: Oleg on October 07, 2015, 11:42:12 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 07, 2015, 11:38:38 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 07, 2015, 11:05:14 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 07, 2015, 08:59:03 AM
Quote from: Oleg on October 07, 2015, 08:33:01 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 06, 2015, 10:14:17 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 06, 2015, 07:47:01 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 06, 2015, 07:41:58 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2015, 07:39:42 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 06, 2015, 06:02:51 PM
I admit it: I'm grateful you guys have given me a chance to participate in Cubs talk this season on this forum. It's nice to be able to talk about this team with folks. You obviously didn't have to do that, since I've given you plenty of reasons in the past to ignore me or go after me for being here. Thanks especially to Mike who seems to be going out of his way to stick up for me. I'm hopeful that I don't do anything to mess this up.

... he posts, practically begging people to fuck with him.

It's nice to have new-old blood around here. I wish more people from Desipio's Past would come back.

Paul was hoping you'd say that.

Edited to add: what ever happened to the fellow who used to type as though he had a thesaurus near his computer? He always used odd words, slightly incorrectly.

Wheezer? He suffocated to death under an avalanche of stray cats.

My buddy Gareth, who a lot of you may know because he seems to show up at a lot of hockee related things, claims to have seen Wheezer at the Newark airport a few weeks ago. So I guess he's alive.

I ran into Gareth on Southport.  I was back from a Cubs game with one of the Donohues after Arrieta made The Pirates his bitch a couple weeks ago.  No Wheezer, though.

He told me, and he thinks Desipiots are stalking him because he saw both you and Wheezer.

If he's worried, he should move to Boulder.  No matter how hard he tries, he'll never bump into a Desipiot there.

Despite my reputation, I did have every intention to see you (and Oleg.) 

And now you're too late on both counts.  YOUR LOSS!

Tonk aside, I kind of expected you to be here for more than 3 weeks. 

Me, too.  Damn it, me, too.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3139 on: October 07, 2015, 03:32:10 PM »
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3140 on: October 07, 2015, 10:36:20 PM »
Quote from: Tony on October 06, 2015, 10:14:17 PM
Quote from: flannj on October 06, 2015, 07:47:01 PM
I admit it: I'm grateful you guys have given me a chance to participate in Cubs talk this season on this forum. It's nice to be able to talk about this team with folks. You obviously didn't have to do that, since I've given you plenty of reasons in the past to ignore me or go after me for being here. Thanks especially to Mike who seems to be going out of his way to stick up for me. I'm hopeful that I don't do anything to mess this up.

It's nice to have new-old blood around here. I wish more people from Desipio's Past would come back.

Edited to add: what ever happened to the fellow who used to type as though he had a thesaurus near his computer? He always used odd words, slightly incorrectly.

Wheezer? He suffocated to death under an avalanche of stray cats.

My buddy Gareth, who a lot of you may know because he seems to show up at a lot of hockee related things, claims to have seen Wheezer at the Newark airport a few weeks ago. So I guess he's alive.

Since you're alive Wheezer, can you confirm? And what country were you laying over in Newark for?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3141 on: October 07, 2015, 10:49:50 PM »

Jesus Motherfucking Christ. I had to stop myself from responding to the intransitive use of "Reddit," and now I can't even tell which one of my chakras has exploded.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3142 on: October 07, 2015, 11:58:56 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 07, 2015, 10:49:50 PM

Jesus Motherfucking Christ. I had to stop myself from responding to the intransitive use of "Reddit," and now I can't even tell which one of my chakras has exploded.

Welcome back.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3143 on: October 08, 2015, 08:51:51 AM »
...reading the Joe Sheehan thing after the fact, I really couldn't fault much of his logic in picking nits about Maddon's lineup.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3144 on: October 08, 2015, 09:21:40 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 08, 2015, 08:51:51 AM
...reading the Joe Sheehan thing after the fact, I really couldn't fault much of his logic in picking nits about Maddon's lineup.

It's just that he failed to account for:

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3145 on: October 08, 2015, 09:24:56 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 08, 2015, 08:51:51 AM

Eh. I feel like bitching about the outfield defense behind a pitcher who has allowed roughly 6 flyballs, almost none well hit, since 1972 was a nit too far. Joe's lineup worked exactly the way he was hoping, process doesn't justify outcomes per Trueblood but the percentages involved (odds Schwarber misplays a ball in the OF vs. odds La Stella drives in a run from third with a contact play with <2 outs, which was basically why he was in the lineup) were so negligible it really wasn't a strong argument either way.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3146 on: October 08, 2015, 09:02:27 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 07, 2015, 10:49:50 PM

I also like to use "garbage" as a verb. "The Pirates had to garbage a water cooler after some meathead broke it with his fists." I'm basically a word criminal.
M'lady.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3147 on: October 09, 2015, 10:10:40 AM »
Unlike Wednesday, when my stomach was in knots all damn day, I'm kind of calm about tonight. I don't like it. It seems wrong.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3148 on: October 09, 2015, 10:32:52 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2015, 10:10:40 AM
Unlike Wednesday, when my stomach was in knots all damn day, I'm kind of calm about tonight. I don't like it. It seems wrong.

I was too busy on Wednesday to think about it, which worked out.

Today I have very little to do.

I might die.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3149 on: October 09, 2015, 10:46:17 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 09, 2015, 10:32:52 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2015, 10:10:40 AM

I was too busy on Wednesday to think about it, which worked out.

Today I have very little to do.

I might die.

Wednesday I had one long mindless task to do. Today I have a million little things to do. Maybe that's the difference. That, and Wednesday was an elimination game.