News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 595,034 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3165 on: October 14, 2015, 02:33:48 AM »
After today, do I actually want to see a Haren start before another Hammel start?  Damn it, I think I do.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3166 on: October 14, 2015, 04:58:16 AM »
... I've had on the BBC World Service a room away while I've been in the kitchen, and there have been at least half a dozen times when I've internally processed "frontrunners" as "Cubs runners" and "Kombo Yaya" as "Kerry Wood."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3167 on: October 14, 2015, 08:23:25 AM »
...I'm already becoming a more obnoxious Cubs fan after last night. I'm thinking about a full heel turn.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3168 on: October 14, 2015, 08:25:04 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 14, 2015, 08:23:25 AM
...I'm already becoming a more obnoxious Cubs fan after last night. I'm thinking about a full heel turn.

I'm being a total dick to Cardinals fans but that's as far as I'll go for now. If they finish this off, I will be the worst human being on the planet.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3169 on: October 14, 2015, 08:43:42 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 14, 2015, 02:33:48 AM
After today, do I actually want to see a Haren start before another Hammel start?  Damn it, I think I do.

Had the same thought this morning. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3170 on: October 14, 2015, 08:56:18 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 14, 2015, 08:43:42 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 14, 2015, 02:33:48 AM
After today, do I actually want to see a Haren start before another Hammel start?  Damn it, I think I do.

Had the same thought this morning.  

I actually also think this. Especially if they're playing in Citi Field or Dodger Stadium where the ball doesn't carry THAT well, he seems like a better bet to bullshit his way through at least 4-5 innings than Hammel.

EDIT: Did you know? In his last 6 starts Haren has a 2.20 ERA and a .657 OPS against. That...really? No shit?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3171 on: October 14, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »
We could do way worse than John Cusack and Eddie Vedder as the "celebrity fan faces."

And it's not just that Eddie Vedder is pretty awesome. 

Cusack, I mean...he's not that bad. Sure, he's not Bill Murray by ANY stretch and there was the thing with the White Sox in '05, but Cusack has been a pretty legit fan for a long-ass time. 

I'm just saying, I'm not like hideously embarrassed.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3172 on: October 14, 2015, 01:30:52 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 14, 2015, 01:29:22 PM
We could do way worse than John Cusack and Eddie Vedder as the "celebrity fan faces."

Cusack, I mean...he's not that bad. Sure, he's not Bill Murray by ANY stretch and there was the thing with the White Sox in '05, but Cusack has been a pretty legit fan for a long-ass time. 

No the Sox thing is pretty fucking unforgiveable. I didn't even hate the Sox that much then but while I'm generally cool with casual fans hopping on a bandwagon switching allegiances to bandwagon is an unforgiveable sin. He may rot.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3173 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 14, 2015, 01:30:52 PM

No the Sox thing is pretty fucking unforgiveable. I didn't even hate the Sox that much then but while I'm generally cool with casual fans hopping on a bandwagon switching allegiances to bandwagon is an unforgiveable sin. He may rot.

He was vaping up a storm in the Sox's owner's box for the Cubs/Sox game a few months back. Once Kenny Williams left the box (in a huff) he was a smidgen pro-Cubs, but still basically silent.  I'm guessing he's just a Chicago guy who likes coming home.  And being comped.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3174 on: October 14, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »

Maybe I'm just feeling euphoric (or maybe my default switch just isn't permanently set to ANGERHATE) but it's not like Cusack is crawling out of the woodwork as a Cubs fan here, he was plenty present for some very shitty Cubs teams.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3175 on: October 14, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 14, 2015, 01:38:15 PM

Maybe I'm just feeling euphoric (or maybe my default switch just isn't permanently set to ANGERHATE) but it's not like Cusack is crawling out of the woodwork as a Cubs fan here, he was plenty present for some very shitty Cubs teams.

Yeah but then he also was present for the White Sox. If you love two baseball teams you love no baseball teams. Fuck him.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3176 on: October 14, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »

PICK A LANE.

Yeah. I really don't care right now. Belushi himself could pop up (and he definitely will at some point) and I wouldn't/won't care. Eamus Catuli
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3177 on: October 14, 2015, 01:43:39 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 13, 2015, 08:47:58 PM
I'm further reminded of (part of) a time when I was perhaps five years old. Apparently, I had found a dead bird and was throwing it in the air to try to get it to fly. The part that I remember is that at some point my late mom came into the back yard to check on me and I showed it to her, whereupon she freaked right the hell out and yelled at me.

What was her issue?  Hygiene?  Theocratic?  
Your absurd notion that a formerly live object could return to life?  (Dead Polly) The embarrassment if the neighbors saw you?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3178 on: October 14, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 14, 2015, 01:43:30 PM

PICK A LANE.

Yeah. I really don't care right now. Belushi himself could pop up (and he definitely will at some point) and I wouldn't/won't care. Eamus Catuli

Pretty sure TBS caught him at Game 3.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3179 on: October 14, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 14, 2015, 01:43:30 PM

PICK A LANE.

Yeah. I really don't care right now. Belushi himself could pop up (and he definitely will did at some point) and I wouldn't/won't care. Eamus Catuli

Yesterday's game.

Not gonna lie, yelling at him to eat shit prior to the Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup was almost as good as the actual win.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16