News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,930 )

pisomojado8

• Chocolate Salty Balls
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3270 on: October 21, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »
I'm bummed the Cubs are leaving it to KC or Toronto to drill Daniel Murphy in the earhole.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3271 on: October 21, 2015, 10:09:35 PM »
He needs a ride home from Josh Hancock.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3272 on: October 22, 2015, 12:50:19 AM »
Quote from: pisomojado8 on October 21, 2015, 10:07:00 PM
I'm bummed the Cubs are leaving it to KC or Toronto to drill Daniel Murphy in the earhole.

I'd prefer to see Hammel take one up and in than Murphy.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3273 on: October 22, 2015, 12:53:58 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 22, 2015, 12:50:19 AM
Quote from: pisomojado8 on October 21, 2015, 10:07:00 PM

I'd prefer to see Hammel take one up and in than Murphy.

Ah, hell. It's a nice day. Let's drill two.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3274 on: October 22, 2015, 07:30:24 AM »
....I'm legitimately mad that Maddon refused to acknowledge the Hammel issue at any point. Cool, you had a quick hook for him, but considering his problem was first inning pants shittings that doesn't really fix the issue. Haren was considerably better over the last month of the season and while there's a fairly good chance he also might have put up a clunker in the playoffs I don't know why they continued to insist, despite absolutely no signs of progress, that Hammel might not be broken. It's the only real gripe I have with Joe over this postseason.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3275 on: October 22, 2015, 09:24:21 AM »
I hate the DH and have been making fun of American League "baseball" for years, but if they wanted to bring the DH to the senior circuit while before Schwarber hits the prime of his career I'd be fine with it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3276 on: October 22, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 22, 2015, 09:24:21 AM
I hate the DH and have been making fun of American League "baseball" for years, but if they wanted to bring the DH to the senior circuit while before Schwarber hits the prime of his career I'd be fine with it.

Last spring, I think I read it's on its way, since the 15/15 team balance between the two leagues means there will be interleague play in September, so there are teams that can use a DH during a pennant race.

Oh, here it is.

Sounds like the owners are getting behind it. The MLBPA has wanted it forever.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3277 on: October 22, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »
I have no idea where to put this but I'm on a committee at work that reviews and updates all of our written procedures from time to time. I am both the only male and the only person younger than like 45 on this committee. Today one of the procedures we were reviewing is our Final Approval to Pay procedure, known as the FAP. So it was just me, for an hour, trying not to crack up as a bunch of old ladies talked about the FAP and how to improve the FAP and "speed up the FAP process".
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3278 on: October 22, 2015, 11:04:06 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 22, 2015, 10:58:01 AM
I have no idea where to put this but I'm on a committee at work that reviews and updates all of our written procedures from time to time. I am both the only male and the only person younger than like 45 on this committee. Today one of the procedures we were reviewing is our Final Approval to Pay procedure, known as the FAP. So it was just me, for an hour, trying not to crack up as a bunch of old ladies talked about the FAP and how to improve the FAP and "speed up the FAP process".

Take it to the humblebrag thread, Mr. Bigtime.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3279 on: October 22, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »
It hasn't been 24 hours yet but I read a few articles. I'm excited for next year.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3280 on: October 22, 2015, 11:59:43 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 22, 2015, 11:51:46 AM
It hasn't been 24 hours yet but I read a few articles. I'm excited for next year.

I still have so much hate in my heart, y'all.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3281 on: October 22, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »
I want the Mets to lose to KC or the Jays. And then I want to see their pitching shit the bed. Just like it did when Isringhausen and all those other assholes were supposed to be a big deal in the mid 90s.

I'm probably still bitter about Prior.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3282 on: October 23, 2015, 05:51:19 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 22, 2015, 10:04:51 PM
I want the Mets to lose to KC or the Jays. And then I want to see their pitching shit the bed. Just like it did when Isringhausen and all those other assholes were supposed to be a big deal in the mid 90s.

#rackytacked

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3283 on: October 23, 2015, 07:31:56 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 22, 2015, 10:04:51 PM

I am a small, small man and I want Syndegaard and Matz and DeGrom all to tear their everything so that I can stop hearing about how the Mets proved Theo's quaint little plan to collect hitters wrong because PITCHING ALWAYS WINZ.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3284 on: October 23, 2015, 09:17:58 AM »
I'd like to see Daniel Murphy sign with the Cardinals then get hit by a bus.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."