News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,262 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3405 on: December 10, 2015, 06:40:49 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 10, 2015, 01:50:39 PM
Quote from: PANK! on December 10, 2015, 11:49:34 AM
Quote from: thehawk on December 10, 2015, 11:48:25 AM
Quote from: Tonker on December 10, 2015, 11:32:31 AM
Quote from: thehawk on December 10, 2015, 11:18:48 AM
I grew up a Yankee fan, so if Starlin had to go anywhere, its not a bad place for me.

You misspelled "threw up".

In my limited defense, I grew up in South Florida when it was MLB starved (one can argue it still was), and the Yankees played their spring training up the road from where I lived; and while I did like Jackson, Winfield and later Mattingly it wasn't like rooting for General Motors in that time frame.

In Hawks' defense, he came of age as a Yankees fan right when they entered what was--for them--a Dark Age. 

That's the same circumstances as my Steelers fandom.

LOUIS LIPPS SINKS SHIPS!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3406 on: December 11, 2015, 08:50:18 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 10, 2015, 06:40:49 PM
I grew up a Yankee fan, so if Starlin had to go anywhere, its not a bad place for me.

In my limited defense, I grew up in South Florida when it was MLB starved (one can argue it still was), and the Yankees played their spring training up the road from where I lived; and while I did like Jackson, Winfield and later Mattingly it wasn't like rooting for General Motors in that time frame.

In Hawks' defense, he came of age as a Yankees fan right when they entered what was--for them--a Dark Age. 

LOUIS LIPPS SINKS SHIPS!

This was quite possibly my dad's favorite Dad Joke in all of history.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3407 on: December 11, 2015, 11:39:55 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 11, 2015, 08:50:18 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 10, 2015, 06:40:49 PM

LOUIS LIPPS SINKS SHIPS!

This was quite possibly my dad's favorite Dad Joke in all of history.

Which time of the 10 times you made that joke?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3408 on: December 11, 2015, 03:42:35 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 10, 2015, 05:59:14 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on December 10, 2015, 04:03:39 PM
Quote from: thehawk on December 10, 2015, 03:48:31 PM

Just like I started following the Cubs in '85.  I already had an sense of timing

impeccable

My first year of actual sports rooting was 1984. Cubs! Bears! Celtics! Bulls!

That's what I thought SPORTZ was going to be like forever. Turns out it wasn't anything like that at.

Man you just missed getting in on the ground floor with Jordan's rookie year with the Bulls.  That's gotta sting.

At the time Larry Bird was the be-all-end-all for basketball fans growing up in Southern Indiana. Except for maybe Borb Kiniggit. If I missed out on Jordan because of Ewing alone, that would be a downer but I loved those Celtics teams and don't regret a thing. Plus Jordan's a colossal douchehammer and only Kobe's fans are worse human beings than MJ's people. So there's that.  
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3409 on: December 18, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
I can't be pressed to give a shit about the Star Wars movie.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3410 on: December 19, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 18, 2015, 06:15:35 PM

I only ever saw Empire. Spent most of the movie groping some girl from my Biology class.

Don't remember much about the movie.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3411 on: December 19, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 19, 2015, 11:20:01 AM

I only ever saw Empire. Spent most of the movie groping some girl from my Biology class.

Isn't that what biology is all about? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3412 on: December 19, 2015, 12:54:59 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 19, 2015, 12:23:47 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 19, 2015, 11:20:01 AM

Isn't that what biology is all about? 

I LOLed.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3413 on: December 21, 2015, 07:42:37 PM »
... I actually had some trepidation about being down in Florida for 12 days visiting my dad, for fear of being trapped in a sprawling retirement community.

Now I wish I'd brought a tape recorder and was able to stay longer before returning to the disaster that is my own existence. I should've gotten a therapist a long time ago, because just the stories about when he was in charge of security at Wrigley are terrific.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3414 on: December 21, 2015, 10:06:51 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 21, 2015, 07:42:37 PM
... I actually had some trepidation about being down in Florida for 12 days visiting my dad, for fear of being trapped in a sprawling retirement community.

Now I wish I'd brought a tape recorder and was able to stay longer before returning to the disaster that is my own existence. I should've gotten a therapist a long time ago, because just the stories about when he was in charge of security at Wrigley are terrific.

I love this perfect Wheezer reference to "a tape recorder".

I'm also glad that he had some time that sounds like it turned out to be a nice visit with his dad.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3415 on: December 21, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
Quote from: flannj on December 21, 2015, 10:06:51 PM

I love this perfect Wheezer reference to "a tape recorder".

I'm also glad that he had some time that sounds like it turned out to be a nice visit with his dad.

I'm here until the 26th.

In other admissions, I just used my mouth to suck the air out of a freezer bag because I picked up more chicken than needed for the sesame noodles.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3416 on: December 21, 2015, 11:20:29 PM »
... And it worked so well that I sucked the air out of all the bags that he already had. In both freezers.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3417 on: December 22, 2015, 06:54:23 AM »

No smart phone?

If he doesn't object, I'd love it if you shared some of the stories here.
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3418 on: December 22, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 22, 2015, 06:54:23 AM

No smart phone?

Particularly if there are any from the restrooms. /Kurt

Sorry. Old habits something hard. (||)

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3419 on: December 22, 2015, 08:10:26 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 22, 2015, 07:54:38 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on December 22, 2015, 06:54:23 AM

No smart phone?

Particularly if there are any from the restrooms. /Kurt

Sorry. Old habits something hard. (||)

I don't get this KurtEvans reference.
M'lady.