News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,983 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3465 on: December 22, 2015, 04:25:48 PM »
I also have a calculator by my desk. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3466 on: December 22, 2015, 04:27:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 22, 2015, 04:15:04 PM
The PANK is dead. Long live the PANNKj

I was rushing to get out of work and every time I tried to fix it, it just made it worse.

And because I'm a fucking spastic.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3467 on: December 22, 2015, 04:55:05 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 22, 2015, 03:57:48 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on December 22, 2015, 03:54:29 PM
Quote from: flannj on December 22, 2015, 03:27:28 PM

Outdoor / barn cats are cool. Anything that kills in order to pay its way is kind of bad ass.
Indoor / house cats are useless.

But neither compares to Yellow Labs. They are truly one of God's greatest creations.

I also keep a calculator on my desk. When someone is screaming at you to figure out an equation RIGHT FUCKING NOW I'm not going to mess around with the calculator function on a computer.

What does your yellow lab do to pay its way? I ask this as an owner of both a cat and a dog (not a yellow lab, but golden retriever) and am wondering if the dog could be put to better practical use.

Also, I have a calculator by my desk.

I also have a calculator by my desk but would like to point out that TDubbs claims to have an adding machine, a term I associate with men who wear eye-shades and sleeve-garters. my accountant dad, who was born in 1933.

Do you also use carbon paper?'d
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3468 on: December 22, 2015, 04:58:41 PM »
Oh and I, too, keep a calculator by my side at work.  Much easier than scrolling around to pull up your desktop calculator and then entering information in another program on your screen.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3469 on: December 22, 2015, 05:37:27 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 22, 2015, 04:58:41 PM
Oh and I, too, keep a calculator by my side at work.  Much easier than scrolling around to pull up your desktop calculator and then entering information in another program on your screen.

I use the calculator in my notifications bar, or else I use the calculator on my iPhone.
M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3470 on: December 22, 2015, 06:19:41 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 22, 2015, 04:58:41 PM

I'm still bummed out that the power switch (a rocker) on the HP-41CX that I received as a high-school graduation gift finally gave out a couple of years ago.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3471 on: December 22, 2015, 08:20:49 PM »
My first office job involved numeric data entry, so if I switch to the calculator app the entry time for me is pretty much the exact same as a hand calculator, but if I didn't have that ingrained, I would probably have a calculator by my side if I needed to do quick math on a fairly regular basis.

Instead, I'm stuck here at home with my stupid slide rule and abacus.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3472 on: December 22, 2015, 09:03:55 PM »
Suck it, Fork

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3473 on: December 22, 2015, 09:05:11 PM »
Quote from: Bort on December 22, 2015, 08:20:49 PM
My first office job involved numeric data entry, so if I switch to the calculator app the entry time for me is pretty much the exact same as a hand calculator, but if I didn't have that ingrained, I would probably have a calculator by my side if I needed to do quick math on a fairly regular basis.

And nobody is screaming RIGHT FUCKING NOW?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3474 on: December 22, 2015, 09:36:13 PM »
Quote from: flannj on December 22, 2015, 09:05:11 PM

My wife, but I'm ignoring her.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3475 on: December 23, 2015, 08:07:10 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 22, 2015, 09:36:13 PM
Quote from: flannj on December 22, 2015, 09:05:11 PM

My wife, but I'm ignoring her.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3476 on: December 23, 2015, 08:24:15 AM »

You guys are all a bunch of fucking Philistines.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3477 on: December 23, 2015, 09:15:25 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 23, 2015, 08:24:15 AM

Yes, we're the ones who're off.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3478 on: December 23, 2015, 10:10:28 AM »

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3479 on: December 23, 2015, 10:20:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 23, 2015, 09:15:25 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 23, 2015, 08:24:15 AM

Yes, we're the ones who're off.

I think it probably depends on what one values.  I love being mobile (I'm working at Wishbone as I type right now) so having a physical calculator would be a pain in the ass for me (as would carrying around a CD player and an atlas or physical map and a camera and whatever else has been made obsolete by my phone).  But I also almost never print anything, so paper is a waste for me, too.

Having said that, technology should never be a barrier to life but a tool to make it better.  So, if you don't like the idea of a calculator app, who the fuck is anyone to stop you Luddites from enjoying your adding machines.