News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,197 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3525 on: January 05, 2016, 04:48:45 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 05, 2016, 04:19:40 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 05, 2016, 03:54:17 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 05, 2016, 03:44:55 PM
....Pen's butthurt about people pointing out how weird it is that he's obsessed with the Dead Pool gets stronger every year

Wait, wait...these are two different things.

CT said "Pen is obsessed with the Dead Pool post" which I characterize as true, but not overly so in relative terms to the rest of the participants. 
SKO said "Pen is obsessed with the Dead Pool" which is completely true, relative to the rest of the participants.

I would humbly disagree.

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=9003.msg298529#msg298529

Is it Opening Day yet?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3526 on: January 05, 2016, 04:53:14 PM »
....Pen's butthurt about people pointing out how weird it is that he's obsessed with the Dead Pool gets stronger every year

CT said "Pen is obsessed with the Dead Pool post" which I characterize as true, but not overly so in relative terms to the rest of the participants. 
SKO said "Pen is obsessed with the Dead Pool" which is completely true, relative to the rest of the participants.

I would humbly disagree.

Quote from: Huey
I thought Thrill would start having difficulty in maintaining the high level of quality which he brings to the presentation of his annual Desipio Dead Pool since expectations have grown so great etc.

But by unearthing that golden nugget letter from Al, he has managed to out-do himself.  Kudos, sir.

Quote from: Tonk
I've come to look forward to this moment.  I wasn't disappointed.

Quote from: Pen
It's pretty much the highlight of my year.  

Quote from: Powen
I live for this shit.

Quote from: Slaky
Desippy worthy post right there. Chock full of the goods and a RedBeard insult that he probably won't even understand.

Quality.  I love the fact that here, on a fringe message board, somebody most of us barely know has gone to this much trouble to do something so pointless, so thoroughly.  Thanks, Thrill.

Quote from: Yeti
It's not pointless to me. I've been clicking refresh the last couple days over and over in anticipation

Quote from: RV
I'm standing and masturbating. And by masturbating I mean applauding. Thrill's unveiling of the Dead Pool is in my top two annual internet traditions along with the AV Club shitty band name post.

Quote from: Apex
Tits-out, Thrill. This moment is the only reason I decided to submit picks this year.

Quote from: Chuck
Awesome work.  And bookmarked.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3527 on: January 05, 2016, 05:14:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 05, 2016, 04:53:14 PM

I would humbly disagree.

I thought Thrill would start having difficulty in maintaining the high level of quality which he brings to the presentation of his annual Desipio Dead Pool since expectations have grown so great etc.

But by unearthing that golden nugget letter from Al, he has managed to out-do himself.  Kudos, sir.

I live for this shit.

Desippy worthy post right there. Chock full of the goods and a RedBeard insult that he probably won't even understand.

Quality.  I love the fact that here, on a fringe message board, somebody most of us barely know has gone to this much trouble to do something so pointless, so thoroughly.  Thanks, Thrill.

It's not pointless to me. I've been clicking refresh the last couple days over and over in anticipation

I'm standing and masturbating. And by masturbating I mean applauding. Thrill's unveiling of the Dead Pool is in my top two annual internet traditions along with the AV Club shitty band name post.

Tits-out, Thrill. This moment is the only reason I decided to submit picks this year.

That's a pretty obsessive response.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3528 on: January 05, 2016, 05:15:42 PM »
I've also been eager to see Thrill's annual Deadpool post.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3529 on: January 05, 2016, 05:16:16 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 05, 2016, 05:14:50 PM

I would humbly disagree.

I live for this shit.

This is not even in the top 5 most obsessive things about my relationship with the Dead Pool me.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3530 on: January 05, 2016, 05:18:40 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 05, 2016, 05:16:16 PM

I would humbly disagree.

I live for this shit.

This is not even in the top 5 most obsessive things about my relationship with the Dead Pool me.

I'm just saying I arguably have the most free time here, and I can't imagine putting that much of it into a response.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3531 on: January 05, 2016, 05:20:26 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 05, 2016, 05:18:40 PM

I would humbly disagree.

I live for this shit.

I'm just saying I arguably have the most free time here, and I can't imagine putting that much of it into a response.

You're severely underestimating the amount of time I spend doing shit exactly like this all the time. 

Keep in mind, I have 8 hours per day that I used to spend SBoxing totally free now.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3532 on: January 05, 2016, 05:32:38 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 05, 2016, 05:20:26 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 05, 2016, 05:18:40 PM

I would humbly disagree.

I live for this shit.

You're severely underestimating the amount of time I spend doing shit exactly like this all the time. 

Keep in mind, I have 8 hours per day that I used to spend SBoxing totally free now.

It checks out.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3533 on: January 05, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
Jesus Christ, Pen.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3534 on: January 06, 2016, 01:53:23 AM »
... every time I see the "Dijon Mustards?" thread title, it reminds me of Barenaked Ladies' "If I had a million dollars" ("DIJON ketchup!"), and it's bugging the crap out of me.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3535 on: January 06, 2016, 08:44:55 AM »
...I had Genesis' "Carpet Crawl" stuck in my head for days, and I don't even like Genesis - even the Peter Gabriel stuff.

Gotta get in to get out, I guess.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3536 on: January 06, 2016, 12:56:39 PM »
Last Saturday Garrison Keillor sang "You're The Top" on his "Prairie Home Companion" show.  It has been following me around ever since.  I guess it could be worse.  Who the hell is "Gene
sis"?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3537 on: January 06, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 06, 2016, 12:56:39 PM
Last Saturday Garrison Keillor sang "You're The Top" on his "Prairie Home Companion" show.  It has been following me around ever since.  I guess it could be worse.  Who the hell is "Gene
sis"?

FUN FACT: Before that whole WWII thing, Mussolini was really popular in the US, and Porter originally had "You're the top, you're Mussolini" as one of the lines.

So Garrison Keillor is basically an Italian Fascist.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3538 on: January 06, 2016, 08:17:54 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 06, 2016, 01:33:23 PM
sis"?

FUN FACT: Before that whole WWII thing, Mussolini was really popular in the US, and Porter originally had "You're the top, you're Mussolini" as one of the lines.

On his mother's side.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3539 on: January 06, 2016, 09:18:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 06, 2016, 08:17:54 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 06, 2016, 01:33:23 PM
sis"?

On his mother's side.

"Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are Aryan, and all the trains run on time."