News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,457 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3570 on: January 12, 2016, 11:37:49 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 12, 2016, 11:25:50 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 12, 2016, 10:46:13 AM
I don't care how stupid it is, I'm going to buy some Powerball tickets.
I heard on NPR this morning that one's chances of winning this lottery are the same as the likelihood of selecting a pre-designated penny out of a stack of pennies as tall as the Empire State Building.  But please, don't let me stop you from becoming a billionaire.

You'll feel a bit silly if he does win, Stew.  Personally, I'd like to encourage PenFoe in his adventure - reach for the stars, Pen! - and I'd also like him to remember that I did, should he win.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3571 on: January 12, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 12, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2016, 10:47:25 AM
I am eternally grateful to not be FB friends with "MissVal"

Val used to annoy me, too.  I must be mellowing in my old age, though, because now I honestly think she's all right.  She's a bit Packer-y, cat-ty and Jesus-y sometimes but, let's face it, youse cunts are without exception guilty of far, far worse than that, one way and another, and I haven't defriended any of you yet*.

*Except BC, who can't tell the difference between FB and Twitter.

I generally don't "unfriend" people unless they've jumped off the rails to the point where staying connected to them could lead to the FBI showing up to ask me some questions.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3572 on: January 12, 2016, 11:41:07 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 12, 2016, 11:39:53 AM

Val used to annoy me, too.  I must be mellowing in my old age, though, because now I honestly think she's all right.  She's a bit Packer-y, cat-ty and Jesus-y sometimes but, let's face it, youse cunts are without exception guilty of far, far worse than that, one way and another, and I haven't defriended any of you yet*.

I generally don't "unfriend" people unless they've jumped off the rails to the point where staying connected to them could lead to the FBI showing up to ask me some questions.

You're talking about Morph, right?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3573 on: January 12, 2016, 11:42:43 AM »

Val used to annoy me, too.  I must be mellowing in my old age, though, because now I honestly think she's all right.  She's a bit Packer-y, cat-ty and Jesus-y sometimes but, let's face it, youse cunts are without exception guilty of far, far worse than that, one way and another, and I haven't defriended any of you yet*.

Yeah, there's something funny I noticed about BC's status updates on FB--namely, that his various observations, joke attempts and other bon mots always pop up in my FB timeline the day after he originally posts them.  And I would understand this if said remarks were generating, say, 100 likes, a bunch of comments..generally just active updates, but they usually have minimal activity--a small handful of likes, 1 comment, maybe 2.  It always strikes me as odd.  And yes these are usually tweets that double as FB status updates.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3574 on: January 12, 2016, 11:44:02 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 12, 2016, 11:37:49 AM
I heard on NPR this morning that one's chances of winning this lottery are the same as the likelihood of selecting a pre-designated penny out of a stack of pennies as tall as the Empire State Building.  But please, don't let me stop you from becoming a billionaire.

You'll feel a bit silly if he does win, Stew.  Personally, I'd like to encourage PenFoe in his adventure - reach for the stars, Pen! - and I'd also like him to remember that I did, should he win.

I dropped $2 on it last Saturday. I matched the Powerball and won $4.  So, I'm taking my first $2 back off the table and dropping the $2 in winnings on a new ticket. Never pass up a free chance at being a billionaire.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3575 on: January 12, 2016, 11:45:58 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2016, 11:42:43 AM

Val used to annoy me, too.  I must be mellowing in my old age, though, because now I honestly think she's all right.  She's a bit Packer-y, cat-ty and Jesus-y sometimes but, let's face it, youse cunts are without exception guilty of far, far worse than that, one way and another, and I haven't defriended any of you yet*.

Yeah, there's something funny I noticed about BC's status updates on FB--namely, that his various observations, joke attempts and other bon mots always pop up in my FB timeline the day after he originally posts them.  And I would understand this if said remarks were generating, say, 100 likes, a bunch of comments..generally just active updates, but they usually have minimal activity--a small handful of likes, 1 comment, maybe 2.  It always strikes me as odd.  And yes these are usually tweets that double as FB status updates.

His takes are generally shitty. Usually some fatalistic "Of course x is terrible, it's x we're talking about!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3576 on: January 12, 2016, 11:46:35 AM »

I'd totally buy your kids a new dad

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3577 on: January 12, 2016, 11:51:37 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 11:45:58 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2016, 11:42:43 AM

His takes are generally shitty. Usually some fatalistic "Of course x Illinois football or basketball is terrible, it's x Illinois football or basketball we're talking about!"

Illini'd
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3578 on: January 12, 2016, 11:53:13 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 11:46:35 AM

They say they'd like one that isn't going to introduce them to you, you cheeky bastard.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3579 on: January 12, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 12, 2016, 11:53:13 AM
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 11:46:35 AM

They say they'd like one that isn't going to introduce them to you, you cheeky bastard.

2shay

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3580 on: January 12, 2016, 12:14:07 PM »
The unfollow option on facebook is nice and because of it I rarely have to unfriend anyone. I pretty much only unfriend people who feel the need to decide to go on facebook of all places and start arguments.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3581 on: January 12, 2016, 12:36:28 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 12, 2016, 12:14:07 PM
The unfollow option on facebook is nice and because of it I rarely have to unfriend anyone. I pretty much only unfriend people who feel the need to decide to go on facebook of all places and start arguments.

That's a super passive aggressive approach for an aggressive aggressive person. 

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3582 on: January 12, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 12, 2016, 12:36:28 PM

You don't block anyone?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3583 on: January 12, 2016, 12:47:46 PM »

I mean, sure, I guess maybe I could be like "hey, Uncle Jeff, I am unfriending you because you're a fucking racist idiot", but if it's passive aggressive to just decide not to have that conversation at Thanksgiving then fine, I'll be passive aggressive.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3584 on: January 12, 2016, 12:54:43 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2016, 12:37:34 PM

You don't block anyone?

I have never blocked anyone. I just unfriend them.

And (generally) I'm pretty damn passive aggressive.