News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,367 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3585 on: January 12, 2016, 12:59:12 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 12, 2016, 12:14:07 PM
The unfollow option on facebook is nice and because of it I rarely have to unfriend anyone. I pretty much only unfriend people who feel the need to decide to go on facebook of all places and start arguments.
I have an old college friend on Facebook who has interesting (if slightly conservative) opinions.  But as a result I see posts from a fascist friend of his that I find repulsive.  I can't "unfollow" his friend because I don't "follow" his friend.  "That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3586 on: January 12, 2016, 01:01:05 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 12, 2016, 11:41:07 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 12, 2016, 11:39:53 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 12, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2016, 10:47:25 AM
I am eternally grateful to not be FB friends with "MissVal"

Val used to annoy me, too.  I must be mellowing in my old age, though, because now I honestly think she's all right.  She's a bit Packer-y, cat-ty and Jesus-y sometimes but, let's face it, youse cunts are without exception guilty of far, far worse than that, one way and another, and I haven't defriended any of you yet*.

*Except BC, who can't tell the difference between FB and Twitter.

I generally don't "unfriend" people unless they've jumped off the rails to the point where staying connected to them could lead to the FBI showing up to ask me some questions.

You're talking about Morph, right?

He just "likes" any post that involves guns. I've got friends from HS who are pretty hardcore Ammosexuals, and they're all the guys who were the biggest pussies back then, they're basically harmless. But I'm talking about people who have started talking about outward violence. That's when I get the fuck out of Dodge.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3587 on: January 12, 2016, 01:03:47 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 12, 2016, 01:01:05 PM

Val used to annoy me, too.  I must be mellowing in my old age, though, because now I honestly think she's all right.  She's a bit Packer-y, cat-ty and Jesus-y sometimes but, let's face it, youse cunts are without exception guilty of far, far worse than that, one way and another, and I haven't defriended any of you yet*.

I generally don't "unfriend" people unless they've jumped off the rails to the point where staying connected to them could lead to the FBI showing up to ask me some questions.

He just "likes" any post that involves guns. I've got friends from HS who are pretty hardcore Ammosexuals, and they're all the guys who were the biggest pussies back then, they're basically harmless. But I'm talking about people who have started talking about outward violence. That's when I get the fuck out of Dodge.

Yea, but they pop up for me. I've been blocking the sites he's liked, like Reason, Libertarian "something", etc. Sooner or later, I'll have gotten rid of that shit.. And if not, time for an unfollowing of him

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3588 on: January 12, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »
I've unfriended one person: a guy I went to high school with when he was arrested for a horrific crime.

He's doing 50 years in Federal prison now. /Penstory

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3589 on: January 12, 2016, 01:13:20 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 01:03:47 PM

Yea, but they pop up for me. I've been blocking the sites he's liked, like Reason, Libertarian "something", etc. Sooner or later, I'll have gotten rid of that shit.. And if not, time for an unfollowing of him

I'm reluctant to unfollow Morph because in amongst all the shite, he occasionally posts something interesting or amusing.  I've come close once or twice, though.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3590 on: January 12, 2016, 01:14:42 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 12, 2016, 01:12:35 PM
I've unfriended one person: a guy I went to high school with when he was arrested for a horrific crime.

I mean, he's probably not posting much anymore, so you could probably still be friends with him.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3591 on: January 12, 2016, 01:15:08 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 12, 2016, 01:13:20 PM
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 01:03:47 PM

I'm reluctant to unfollow Morph because in amongst all the shite, he occasionally posts something interesting or amusing.  I've come close once or twice, though.

I guess I like knowing what every side is thinking.

Except Libertarians. One tornado and they all instantly become FDR.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3592 on: January 12, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 12, 2016, 01:14:42 PM

I mean, he's probably not posting much anymore, so you could probably still be friends with him.

Pass.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/chi-mchenry-deputy-sentencing-child-sex-abuse-20140917-story.html

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3593 on: January 12, 2016, 01:19:22 PM »

This brings up another topic for me--how many dead people are you guys friends with?  I've been on FB for 5 years and off the top of my head at least 4 of my "friends" have moved on to the great beyond during that time (possibly more but 4 I can recall right away)...but I'm still "friends" with them which I find...interesting.  In one case the deceased's girlfriend will "tag" him sometimes so he pops up which I was startled by the first couple times it happened.  I'd feel bad "un-friending" them...I mean they haven't done anything other than stop breathing...of course their inability to constantly post crap makes them far less annoying than a good chunk of my living friends so I think I'll keep them.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3594 on: January 12, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2016, 01:19:22 PM

This brings up another topic for me--how many dead people are you guys friends with?  I've been on FB for 5 years and off the top of my head at least 4 of my "friends" have moved on to the great beyond during that time (possibly more but 4 I can recall right away)...but I'm still "friends" with them which I find...interesting.  In one case the deceased's girlfriend will "tag" sometimes him so he pops up which I was startled by the first couple times it happened.  I'd feel bad "un-friending" them...I mean they haven't done anything other than stop breathing...of course their inability to constantly post crap makes them far less annoying than a good chunk of my living friends.

For a while Facebook kept suggesting that I be friends with my Dad after he died. He had only been on Facebook a little bit prior to his death, so we weren't even friends yet.

I finally "sent him" a friend request just so Facebook would stop showing me his picture. 

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3595 on: January 12, 2016, 01:35:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 12, 2016, 12:14:07 PM
The unfollow option on facebook is nice and because of it I rarely have to unfriend anyone. I pretty much only unfriend people who feel the need to decide to go on facebook of all places and start arguments.

I tried really hard to get my friend list down below 100 last year. I think I made it to 120ish. I realize that you could just unfollow them and avoid a lot, but they are still capable of commenting on my status updates and I'd rather avoid that.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3596 on: January 12, 2016, 01:38:12 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 12, 2016, 01:15:58 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 12, 2016, 01:14:42 PM

Pass.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/chi-mchenry-deputy-sentencing-child-sex-abuse-20140917-story.html

I'm willing to see your point on this one.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3597 on: January 12, 2016, 01:38:47 PM »

This brings up another topic for me--how many dead people are you guys friends with?  I've been on FB for 5 years and off the top of my head at least 4 of my "friends" have moved on to the great beyond during that time (possibly more but 4 I can recall right away)...but I'm still "friends" with them which I find...interesting.  In one case the deceased's girlfriend will "tag" him sometimes so he pops up which I was startled by the first couple times it happened.  I'd feel bad "un-friending" them...I mean they haven't done anything other than stop breathing...of course their inability to constantly post crap makes them far less annoying than a good chunk of my living friends so I think I'll keep them.

I had a friend die in a car accident our senior year of college. Really awful. He was given leave to go home from school because he was really depressed because he was preoccupied with dreams and thoughts about dying and then his brother lost control of their car on the way home and he died. Bizarre and devastating. I remained friends with him for a while before I had to de-friend him because his mom posted just the most depressing, rambling posts about missing him almost daily. It hurt too much to see.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3598 on: January 12, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »
I'm not on Facebook.
Probably never will be.

But this unfriending thing sounds kind of fun.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3599 on: January 12, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »

I think 2. Clare Iscra who I worked with in my KPMG days (cancer), and Wayne, a guy I knew from college who friended me right when Facebook started. Heart attack a few months later. His page is gone.  Pretty sure that's it.

And I had neither of them in the Deadpool.