News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,808 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3615 on: January 13, 2016, 08:49:36 AM »
Quote from: flannj on January 12, 2016, 03:40:56 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 12, 2016, 02:55:12 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 12, 2016, 01:54:25 PM
One of my good friends died in an accident a few years back. A bunch of his family members blamed some of my other friends for it and sued them. The whole ordeal took years to sort out and ended several friendships that had gone back decades. I took a side based on the facts of the case and what I know my friend would have thought about it. I unfriended a bunch of people that I'd known since college and I'm still "friends" with the deceased. His crappy friends and family members still post on his wall so I'm not free of them. I don't dare unfriend or unfollow him though. That just doesn't seem right.

/PexStory
About four years ago my brother called my office phone while I was out and left a message.  He asked a question that I had no ready answer for so I left the message there while I thought up a response.  My brother died shortly thereafter.  I listen to the message every so often.  I like hearing his voice.

I know the feeling Stew, I still have an answering machine with my Dad's voice on it.

Reminds me of the ending of the movie "Mac".

My bar mitzvah video serves the same purpose now. For a lot of the people in it.  Only way my kids have any idea of what my dad was like.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3616 on: January 13, 2016, 08:54:18 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 13, 2016, 08:04:59 AM
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 07:58:54 PM
I have a coworker that calls off all the damn time... so, I admit it, I just totaled up her call offs. In the 2 years she's been here, we have had 514 work days and she has called off the entire day 84 times. She has missed 2 or more hours in a day (really 3 hours because she rolls her lunch into that) 42 times other than that.

Bright side is that she gets docked for the time she doesn't have, so there's some justice in the world

I admit it, I really hope she's tallying how much time you spend on fringe messageboards.

Make that 85 days missed

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3617 on: January 13, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 13, 2016, 08:49:36 AM
One of my good friends died in an accident a few years back. A bunch of his family members blamed some of my other friends for it and sued them. The whole ordeal took years to sort out and ended several friendships that had gone back decades. I took a side based on the facts of the case and what I know my friend would have thought about it. I unfriended a bunch of people that I'd known since college and I'm still "friends" with the deceased. His crappy friends and family members still post on his wall so I'm not free of them. I don't dare unfriend or unfollow him though. That just doesn't seem right.

/PexStory
About four years ago my brother called my office phone while I was out and left a message.  He asked a question that I had no ready answer for so I left the message there while I thought up a response.  My brother died shortly thereafter.  I listen to the message every so often.  I like hearing his voice.

I know the feeling Stew, I still have an answering machine with my Dad's voice on it.

My bar mitzvah video serves the same purpose now. For a lot of the people in it.  Only way my kids have any idea of what my dad was like.
I have some grainy black and white snapshots from mine.  A lot of unrecognizable people standing around in my parent's home eating pickled herring and corned beef sandwiches.  But I prefer that to the extravaganzas that are put on now. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3618 on: January 13, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 13, 2016, 10:21:25 AM

/PexStory

I have some grainy black and white snapshots from mine.  A lot of unrecognizable people standing around in my parent's home eating pickled herring and corned beef sandwiches.  But I prefer that to the extravaganzas that are put on now. 

Yeah, there's generally a paucity of pickled herring and corned beef sandwiches at these things.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3619 on: January 13, 2016, 11:52:38 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 13, 2016, 10:52:54 AM

/PexStory

Yeah, there's generally a paucity of pickled herring and corned beef sandwiches at these things.

Pretty sure I saw you eating the lox.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3620 on: January 13, 2016, 12:25:03 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 13, 2016, 11:52:38 AM

/PexStory

You were nice enough to name it after me.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3621 on: January 13, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 13, 2016, 12:25:03 PM

/PexStory

Bell-end?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3622 on: January 13, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 13, 2016, 12:33:22 PM

/PexStory

Bell-end?

I had to hang up before bursting out laughing into somebody's voicemail when I read that.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3623 on: January 13, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 13, 2016, 12:33:22 PM

/PexStory

Bell-end?

Oui.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3624 on: January 13, 2016, 01:58:14 PM »

/PexStory

Yeah. Because that shit is tasteless.  Would be much better if your last name was "belly."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3625 on: January 14, 2016, 10:07:14 AM »
...if the Cubs officially make Ryne Sandberg a Cubs Ambassador, I really want to rent out a suite for a game for Desipiots. Just because I'd love to see how disgusted he'd be at having to glad-hand us.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3626 on: January 14, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 14, 2016, 10:07:14 AM
...if the Cubs officially make Ryne Sandberg a Cubs Ambassador, I really want to rent out a suite for a game for Desipiots. Just because I'd love to see how disgusted he'd be at having to glad-hand us.

My guess is he'd neither know nor care who we are.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3627 on: January 14, 2016, 10:29:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 14, 2016, 10:27:20 AM

He'd probably be mostly annoyed at me acting like a dumber, and possibly fatter, Chris Farley when talking to my childhood hero.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3628 on: January 14, 2016, 10:46:17 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2016, 10:29:27 AM

He'd probably be mostly annoyed at me acting like a dumber, and possibly fatter, Chris Farley when talking to my childhood hero.

"Remember that game where you hit those home runs? That was awesome."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3629 on: January 14, 2016, 10:49:40 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 14, 2016, 10:46:17 AM
Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2016, 10:29:27 AM

"Remember that game where you hit those home runs? That was awesome."

And we all have corncob dresses on.

Not that I already do that.  Or have one.  Or have thought about that.  Umm....

Rey has to be Luke's daughter.  HAS TO BE!