News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,204 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3825 on: March 23, 2016, 08:29:47 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 23, 2016, 08:18:12 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 23, 2016, 07:14:13 PM
Quote from: CBStew on March 23, 2016, 05:34:48 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 27, 2016, 10:18:25 AM
I had that dream again last night.  I was back in college, but at my current age.  I was taking a final exam in a philosophy class, but I had never attended the lectures nor read the text books.  ( I got a C.  Under the circumstances I'll take it.)
This is getting monotonous.  The dream came back last night.  I was taking a final exam, this time in law school.  It was a three hour final consisting of 4 essay questions.  I easily got through the first three questions, but with 6 minutes left in the 45 minutes that I saved for the fourth question I hadn't even started an answer.  Then I realized that I had misread the instructions for the exam and learned that I was supposed to answer on opaque yellow waxed paper, which I didn't have, and that my answer could not be longer than 2 pages.  I woke up sweating and couldn't get back to sleep.

Did you have a really rough time in law school, Stew?
Except for first semester, law school was kind of fun. 

Same. I wasn't sure what to expect with first semester finals but after that it was easy. Just do the reading and pay attention, that's about all I had to do.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3826 on: March 23, 2016, 10:03:34 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 23, 2016, 08:29:47 PM
I had that dream again last night.  I was back in college, but at my current age.  I was taking a final exam in a philosophy class, but I had never attended the lectures nor read the text books.  ( I got a C.  Under the circumstances I'll take it.)
This is getting monotonous.  The dream came back last night.  I was taking a final exam, this time in law school.  It was a three hour final consisting of 4 essay questions.  I easily got through the first three questions, but with 6 minutes left in the 45 minutes that I saved for the fourth question I hadn't even started an answer.  Then I realized that I had misread the instructions for the exam and learned that I was supposed to answer on opaque yellow waxed paper, which I didn't have, and that my answer could not be longer than 2 pages.  I woke up sweating and couldn't get back to sleep.

Same. I wasn't sure what to expect with first semester finals but after that it was easy. Just do the reading and pay attention, that's about all I had to do.
The movie "Paper Chase" was pitch perfect.  I saw it long after I was out of school, but it was like a home movie.  Lately I have gotten nostalgic about college and law school days.  We live about a mile from the Berkeley Campus and I walk by it all the time.  There has been so much growth and building that I would get lost if I walked onto the campus and went into the Law School.  They even changed the name from Boalt Hall to "Berkeley Law", which I reuse to recognize.  When I make my annual donation I make the check out to "Boalt Hall" and they cash it anyway.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3827 on: March 24, 2016, 12:26:42 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 23, 2016, 10:03:34 PM

The movie "Paper Chase" was pitch perfect.  I saw it long after I was out of school, but it was like a home movie.  Lately I have gotten nostalgic about college and law school days.  We live about a mile from the Berkeley Campus and I walk by it all the time.  There has been so much growth and building that I would get lost if I walked onto the campus and went into the Law School.  They even changed the name from Boalt Hall to "Berkeley Law", which I reuse to recognize.  When I make my annual donation I make the check out to "Boalt Hall" and they cash it anyway.

Are you making them work for your donation this year given their sexual harasser ex-dean?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3828 on: March 24, 2016, 09:53:09 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 24, 2016, 12:26:42 AM
Quote from: CBStew on March 23, 2016, 10:03:34 PM

Are you making them work for your donation this year given their sexual harasser ex-dean?
The donation is earmarked for economical support for students. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3829 on: March 25, 2016, 06:05:56 AM »
When I saw that Arrieta left the game after getting rocked in the first, I immediately feared the worst.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3830 on: March 25, 2016, 07:42:24 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on March 25, 2016, 06:05:56 AM
When I saw that Arrieta left the game after getting rocked in the first, I immediately feared the worst.

That was one of those cases where I was glad to have actually been watching the game. It was clear early on he just couldn't grip the ball the way he wanted to. Seemed like after every pitch he was staring down at his hand. Velocity was fine. When they said blister I shrugged and said "that explains it" and moved on. Had I merely heard about it I'd have been terrified they were lying to me and hiding a shoulder or elbow injury with that excuse.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3831 on: March 25, 2016, 08:48:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 25, 2016, 07:42:24 AM

That was one of those cases where I was glad to have actually been watching the game. It was clear early on he just couldn't grip the ball the way he wanted to. Seemed like after every pitch he was staring down at his hand. Velocity was fine. When they said blister I shrugged and said "that explains it" and moved on. Had I merely heard about it I'd have been terrified they were lying to me and hiding a shoulder or elbow injury with that excuse.

I follow most games using the MLB app on my phone, which pushes notifications to my watch. I knew he was pitching, and then I just kept getting notifications as he got rolled by the Giants.

I am looking forward to the summer, when I'll actually be able to watch most of the games on MLB TV.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3832 on: March 25, 2016, 12:26:04 PM »

I didn't know that "Soaking in Neosporin" was a thing, but this is generally good.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3833 on: March 25, 2016, 12:52:25 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 25, 2016, 12:26:04 PM

I didn't know that "Soaking in Neosporin" was a thing, but this is generally good.

The stuff works, speeds up healing. But not for every application because of scarring.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3834 on: March 29, 2016, 11:43:39 AM »
I bought one of those "Try not to suck" t-shirts.

The money went to charity.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3835 on: April 01, 2016, 09:27:08 AM »
Starting decade number nine today

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3836 on: April 01, 2016, 09:36:21 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 01, 2016, 09:27:08 AM

Happy Birthday Stew.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3837 on: April 01, 2016, 09:39:56 AM »

Here's where you clear your backlog of Cubs championships.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3838 on: April 01, 2016, 09:47:08 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 01, 2016, 09:39:56 AM

Here's where you clear your backlog of Cubs championships.
I am convinced that Epstink has a season long birthday present for all of us.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3839 on: April 01, 2016, 10:06:54 AM »

Happy Birthday. You give me hope that when I am 90 I might also still be hanging out with a bunch of weirdos on the internet.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015