News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,596 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4665 on: October 25, 2017, 07:39:52 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on October 25, 2017, 06:27:22 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 25, 2017, 03:50:16 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 25, 2017, 02:11:00 AM
...I miss the Cubs already.  Hurry up, Opening Day.

Yeah, this.  I've had my offseason, recharged my batteries, and now I'm ready to go again.

Stop torturing yourselves, fellas.  Offseason's going to feel a lot longer than last year's.

It's going to go by fast. They all go by fast. It sometimes feels like life is a constantly accelerating car, speeding toward a wall.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4666 on: October 25, 2017, 08:02:46 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 25, 2017, 07:39:52 AM

Yeah, this.  I've had my offseason, recharged my batteries, and now I'm ready to go again.

Stop torturing yourselves, fellas.  Offseason's going to feel a lot longer than last year's.

It's going to go by fast. They all go by fast. It sometimes feels like life is a constantly accelerating car, speeding toward a wall.

Offseasons are usually hell for me--regardless of how the team has done.  Last year was a true exception not only because the season ended a good month longer than we were used to, but because I was able to live off of what they did during those cold, baseball-less winter months.  It was the first year I wasn't anxious at all until they had actually reported in Mesa and started playing.  I suppose I can still occupy my mind by luxuriating in what the Cubs have done for the past 3 years running--an unprecedented run for us--but I fear I'll still be climbing the walls in 2 month--when we'll still be 2 months from pitchers and catchers reporting.  At least the Bears might be interesting for a mother week or 3.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4667 on: October 25, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on October 25, 2017, 08:02:46 AM

Offseasons are usually hell for me--regardless of how the team has done.  Last year was a true exception not only because the season ended a good month longer than we were used to, but because I was able to live off of what they did during those cold, baseball-less winter months.  It was the first year I wasn't anxious at all until they had actually reported in Mesa and started playing.  I suppose I can still occupy my mind by luxuriating in what the Cubs have done for the past 3 years running--an unprecedented run for us--but I fear I'll still be climbing the walls in 2 month--when we'll still be 2 months from pitchers and catchers reporting.  At least the Bears might be interesting for a mother week or 3.

I find the mother weeks to be excruciating. 
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4668 on: October 25, 2017, 08:17:11 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 25, 2017, 08:15:51 AM

fucking Hallmark.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4669 on: October 25, 2017, 12:35:48 PM »

So does our vice president.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4670 on: October 29, 2017, 06:47:15 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 25, 2017, 12:35:48 PM

So does Danzig, I bet.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4671 on: October 29, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 29, 2017, 06:47:15 PM
Quote from: Oleg on October 25, 2017, 12:35:48 PM

So does Danzig, I bet.

John Lennon never had one.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4672 on: November 02, 2017, 12:06:29 PM »
...I didn't watch a single inning of the 2017 World Series because the wrong team was playing for the National League. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4673 on: November 02, 2017, 12:34:48 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 02, 2017, 12:06:29 PM
...I didn't watch a single inning of the 2017 World Series because the wrong team was playing for the National League. 

That has usually been my stance. In years where the Cubs never really contended at all I'll usually watch some playoff games and WS games so long as the Cardinals are not involved, but in years where the Cubs made the playoffs but fell short I usually found it too painful to watch.
This year I had no such issue. The Cubs already have theirs, and they got beat in the NLCS by a superior team. Not much bitterness here. I'm glad I watched most of this WS, it was extremely entertaining for the most part.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4674 on: November 02, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 02, 2017, 12:34:48 PM

That has usually been my stance. In years where the Cubs never really contended at all I'll usually watch some playoff games and WS games so long as the Cardinals are not involved, but in years where the Cubs made the playoffs but fell short I usually found it too painful to watch.
This year I had no such issue. The Cubs already have theirs, and they got beat in the NLCS by a superior team. Not much bitterness here. I'm glad I watched most of this WS, it was extremely entertaining for the most part.

I found it entertaining to watch the Dodgers squander opportunity after opportunity in Game 7 after the way they bounced the Cubs out.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4675 on: November 02, 2017, 01:17:51 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 02, 2017, 01:13:31 PM

I found it entertaining to watch the Dodgers squander opportunity after opportunity in Game 7 after the way they bounced the Cubs out.

Agreed. I also particularly enjoyed watching Joc Pederson lose.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4676 on: November 02, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 02, 2017, 01:13:31 PM

it was fun to see Roberts go from being a genius for pulling his starter in the 4th every game to "OMG HOW CAN YOU OVERWORK YOUR PEN LIKE THAT YOU MORON" as reliever after reliever hit the breaking point at the worst possible time.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4677 on: November 02, 2017, 04:28:12 PM »
...I was in Epcot this week, and Hanson was playing.

They weren't bad.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4678 on: November 02, 2017, 05:18:54 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 02, 2017, 04:28:12 PM
...I was in Epcot this week, and Hanson was playing.

They weren't bad.

This ... this is what this thread is for.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4679 on: November 03, 2017, 05:33:04 AM »
I've gradually gone from utterly abhorring Joe Buck to actually liking him.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs