News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 595,173 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4680 on: November 03, 2017, 07:38:51 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on November 03, 2017, 05:33:04 AM
I've gradually gone from utterly abhorring Joe Buck to actually liking him.

I will honor the spirit of this thread by not saying anything, but know that I am side-eying this hard.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4681 on: November 03, 2017, 08:28:41 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 03, 2017, 07:38:51 AM

I will honor the spirit of this thread by not saying anything, but know that I am side-eying this hard.

And that's fine...it's why this thread exists...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4682 on: November 03, 2017, 09:45:32 AM »
There are drugs out there that you can take for this affliction.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4683 on: November 03, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »

I was actively fighting against the "Joe Buck loves the other team more" narrative last year. It's possibly the dumbest thing sports fans say/do, aside from explicit racism/sexism/bigotry

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4684 on: November 03, 2017, 10:29:26 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 03, 2017, 10:02:01 AM

I was actively fighting against the "Joe Buck loves the other team more" narrative last year. It's possibly the dumbest thing sports fans say/do, aside from explicit racism/sexism/bigotry

Yeah, he's like a parent who has to deal with two fighting kids. If he's fair, he'll end up pissing off both sides. I didn't mind his work last year.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4685 on: November 03, 2017, 11:31:42 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 03, 2017, 10:29:26 AM
Quote from: Yeti on November 03, 2017, 10:02:01 AM

Yeah, he's like a parent who has to deal with two fighting kids. If he's fair, he'll end up pissing off both sides. I didn't mind his work last year.

It is fun when Jon Lester takes shots at him though.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4686 on: November 03, 2017, 01:16:42 PM »
I had that dream again last night.  Well, a slightly different version of it.  You know.  The dream where I am back in school and going to take an exam, but I can't find where the exam is being given and I wander around, late, and never get there.  Last night I dreamt that I was trying to put together the materials to write my paper for the honors course in my undergraduate major.  I was crossing the street and suddenly lost my grip and the notes went flying into the street and were scattered by cars and trucks.  Wait...Isn't that the car commercial that has been playing on TV for a couple of months  showing how well whatever make of car it is can stop in emergencies?  Anyway.  It was a disaster because now I was going to flunk my honors course and not get into law school.  (I know.  Boo-hoo!)  It was enough to wake me in  a cold sweat.  I wish that I could just have the dream where I was being chased by bad guys with guns.  That is not half as scary for me.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4687 on: November 03, 2017, 08:26:45 PM »
...the Cubs could do a lot worse than Ichiro as a spare outfielder.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4688 on: November 03, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 03, 2017, 08:26:45 PM

They could do a lot better, too. Nothing gets a team going like a guy who just posted a negative-WAR season at 44 and has only had one season better than a .325 OBP at the plate over the last five years!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4689 on: November 04, 2017, 05:15:12 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 03, 2017, 08:40:42 PM

They could do a lot better, too. Nothing gets a team going like a guy who just posted a negative-WAR season at 44 and has only had one season better than a .325 OBP at the plate over the last five years!

There's nary a day goes by that I'm not genuinely thankful that FORKSCOUT and FORKGM don't actually run the Cubs.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4690 on: November 04, 2017, 07:01:10 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 03, 2017, 01:16:42 PM
I had that dream again last night.  Well, a slightly different version of it.  You know.  The dream where I am back in school and going to take an exam, but I can't find where the exam is being given and I wander around, late, and never get there.  Last night I dreamt that I was trying to put together the materials to write my paper for the honors course in my undergraduate major.  I was crossing the street and suddenly lost my grip and the notes went flying into the street and were scattered by cars and trucks.  Wait...Isn't that the car commercial that has been playing on TV for a couple of months  showing how well whatever make of car it is can stop in emergencies?  Anyway.  It was a disaster because now I was going to flunk my honors course and not get into law school.  (I know.  Boo-hoo!)  It was enough to wake me in  a cold sweat.  I wish that I could just have the dream where I was being chased by bad guys with guns.  That is not half as scary for me.

Never too late to learn how to lucid dream.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4691 on: November 04, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 04, 2017, 05:15:12 AM

There's nary a day goes by that I'm not genuinely thankful that FORKSCOUT and FORKGM don't actually run the Cubs.

I just looked at his defensive metrics. Woof. I retract my previous statement.
TIME TO POST!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4692 on: November 04, 2017, 10:20:54 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 04, 2017, 10:05:34 AM

There is something attractive in the fanboyish sense of getting a Hall of Famer his only World Series championship, but nah.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4693 on: November 04, 2017, 10:30:50 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 04, 2017, 10:20:54 AM

There is something attractive in the fanboyish sense of getting a Hall of Famer his only World Series championship, but nah.

I'd rather see guys like Rizzo and Bryant add to their HOF credentials.

Besides, they've got another year of Martin. He's at last a solid defensive replacement, even if he can't hit his hat size.
TIME TO POST!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4694 on: November 04, 2017, 10:51:34 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 04, 2017, 10:30:50 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on November 04, 2017, 10:20:54 AM

I'd rather see guys like Rizzo and Bryant add to their HOF credentials.

Besides, they've got another year of Martin. He's at last a solid defensive replacement, even if he can't hit his hat size.

7.375?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.