News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Men Who Stare At Goats...  ( 1,598 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Men Who Stare At Goats...
« on: November 15, 2009, 09:27:11 PM »
with lust in their hearts.

No, seriously.  This movie surprised me.  After reading the reviews I didn't expect it to be any good.  It is a very dry comedy about what would happen if the Army ever decided to incorporate new age philosophy.  They do it because to Soviets bought misinformation that the Americans were doing it, and when the Americans learned that the Soviets were doing it, the Pentagon started a program because, God forbid, we couldn't let the Soviets get ahead of us in anything.  You have got to admit that is pretty funny.  Clooney is excellent.  Jeff Bridges is closer to his Lebowski character than in anything that he has done since Lebowski.  Kevin Spacey has a limited but juicy villain part.  They only kill one goat, but that is only one small part of the nonsense of this film.  Very few laugh out loud moments, but I thought that it was well crafted. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)