News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Big Ten Basketball/NCAA Hoop 2009-10 Thread  ( 72,350 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: All Purpose Big Ten Basketball/NCAA Hoop 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 02:00:47 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 18, 2009, 12:29:48 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 18, 2009, 12:18:20 PM
Quote from: Shooter on November 18, 2009, 12:14:53 PM
The estimable Dick Vitale picked Purdue for the Final Four. Doom shall ensue.

It's a smart pick. As always, it depends on their health. But I get it. Now that Vitale has picked them, Jujuan Johnson will break his wrist.

How could you guys compete without Ju Ju? That name is really fucking stupid.

Racist.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 10:38:54 PM »
I don't really want all that much attention, I just find it funny when someone else posts something that I normally would say. If I were seeking attention, I would have more than the 1.2 posts per day.

Turning to the hoops: If Brandon Paul keeps this up, this Illini team could be much better than expected. And most had them pegged as a Top 30 team coming in...

(ALERT... ALERT...) I just hope the Illini will not begin to under-achieve when they start over-achieving.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 10:58:15 PM »
Purdue prevailed over #9 Tennessee tonight in the finals of the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands. This marks the first time in school history in which a team with high expectations didn't immediately get its pants pulled down against a really good team in the early going. Last year Duke and Oklahoma did the pantsing in West Lafayette and the preseason NIT Finals. But this game, this team was different tonight. Painter played the shit out of his bench and the team stayed right in it the entire way. Johnson was in foul trouble and Hummel was off from the field the entire game. Yet they had just enough to finish off a very game Tennesee squad.

Name your favorite team. Tennessee would wax them in a neutral court matchup. Unless you root for, I don't know, the Lakers or something. That would make you a huge douche.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 11:06:29 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 23, 2009, 10:58:15 PM
Purdue prevailed over #9 Tennessee tonight in the finals of the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands. This marks the first time in school history in which a team with high expectations didn't immediately get its pants pulled down against a really good team in the early going. Last year Duke and Oklahoma did the pantsing in West Lafayette and the preseason NIT Finals. But this game, this team was different tonight. Painter played the shit out of his bench and the team stayed right in it the entire way. Johnson was in foul trouble and Hummel was off from the field the entire game. Yet they had just enough to finish off a very game Tennesee squad.

Name your favorite team. Tennessee would wax them in a neutral court matchup. Unless you root for, I don't know, the Lakers or something. That would make you a huge douche.

Tennessee sucks.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »

Purdue?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 03:14:30 AM »
I rooted for Purdue against the Volunteers, not only for Big Ten pride but because that scumbag Bruce Pearl deserves to lose every single game he coaches in for the rest of his life.

I know that there was plenty of hand-wringing over Lewis Jackson's injury, but judging from the Tennessee game I think the Boilermakers have enough depth to not be hurt too much by that situation.

Good day for the Big Ten today with Purdue and Wisconsin getting nice OOC wins. Illinois is back in action tonight on ESPNU against Wofford. Now by contractual obligation I need to say something about letting it all play out.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 08:25:40 AM »
Quote from: BC on November 24, 2009, 03:14:30 AM
I rooted for Purdue against the Volunteers, not only for Big Ten pride but because that scumbag Bruce Pearl deserves to lose every single game he coaches in for the rest of his life.

I know that there was plenty of hand-wringing over Lewis Jackson's injury, but judging from the Tennessee game I think the Boilermakers have enough depth to not be hurt too much by that situation.

Good day for the Big Ten today with Purdue and Wisconsin getting nice OOC wins. Illinois is back in action tonight on ESPNU against Wofford. Now by contractual obligation I need to say something about letting it all play out.

Quote from: Ivy6 on November 17, 2009, 06:45:08 PMLeave making fun of you to everyone else.  As you can imagine, you're not good at it.  Self-deprication works better when it's not a desperate plea for attention.

I was indifferent to the Purdue game until that freshman missed those two free throws at the end. After that happened, I wanted them to lose to see if he'd cry along with the hayseeds in the bleachers.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 09:51:05 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 24, 2009, 08:25:40 AM

Quote from: Ivy6 on November 17, 2009, 06:45:08 PMLeave making fun of you to everyone else.  As you can imagine, you're not good at it.  Self-deprication works better when it's not a desperate plea for attention.

I was indifferent to the Purdue game until that freshman missed those two free throws at the end. After that happened, I wanted them to lose to see if he'd cry along with the hayseeds in the bleachers.

And when the freshman guard came down with the game-clinching rebound under the basket, you went back to your steely indifference? 1,000-yard stare?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 09:51:05 AM

And when the freshman guard came down with the game-clinching rebound under the basket, you went back to your steely indifference? 1,000-yard stare?

At that point I was wondering why Wayne Chism took a three and why he wears his headband halfway up his melon.

Then I changed the channel and watched Jannero Pargo miss a jump shot.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 24, 2009, 09:57:34 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 09:51:05 AM

At that point I was wondering why Wayne Chism took a three and why he wears his headband halfway up his melon.

Then I changed the channel and watched Jannero Pargo miss a jump shot.

Wayne Jism is a blight on college basketball. I can only imagine that he's been in college for 43 years now.

(I really don't like Tennessee basketball)

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 10:40:02 AM »

Maybe they'll do it Keady-style and wait until the Tournament.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 10:43:19 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on November 24, 2009, 10:40:02 AM

Keady's teams were usually picked to finish 5-7th in the Big Ten, then won the thing and got pantsed later. It was a bit less embarrassing that way.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 11:31:52 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 10:43:19 AM

Keady's teams were usually picked to finish 5-7th in the Big Ten, then won the thing and got pantsed later. It was a bit less embarrassing that way.

I'm not a Purdue lover by any means but I miss Mean Gene. That guy is awesome.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 11:46:32 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 24, 2009, 11:31:52 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 10:43:19 AM

I'm not a Purdue lover by any means but I miss Mean Gene. That guy is awesome.

He taught some pretty good coaches how to coach.

Don't tell BC that.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 01:41:45 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 11:46:32 AM
He taught some pretty good coaches how to coach.

Don't tell BC that.

When it comes to coaching, Weber is fine with me as long as he remembers not to start coaching when Illinois has a lead late in games. For example, the Weber prevent offense scored 3 points in the last 6 minutes of last year's game at Penn State...