News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 77,148 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #270 on: March 26, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 01:07:26 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 11:52:19 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 24, 2010, 11:19:47 AM
Anyone who thought that episode sucked or was just "OK" can lick a taint.

Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 24, 2010, 10:34:01 AM
I wonder if when he saw Isabella when he was chained up, that was her or smokey?

That was Smokey. Just like when Alex appeared to Ben last season.

But Alex was dead on the island, so smokey could take her body.  Isabella was dead back in teh spainland.

True. Hmmm.

One theory I've seen is that when Smokey meets you for the first time, it reads your memories and is able to play off of them.  I think in a couple of cases we've seen it approach a character, have a few electric bursts, and go away ... soon thereafter, dead people start showing up.

One small plot-hole, though, is that once Smokey became Locke he was no longer able to be anybody else ... but Locke took Ben into the temple, disappeared, and "Alex/Smokey" told Ben not to screw with Locke.  Either Alex wasn't Smokey or they made a mistake.

As for this week's ep, I liked it quite a bit and found it a refreshing revealer of information, but there were some pretty big plot holes.  Not to be a dick, but ...

Ricardo traveled "half a day" to reach the doctor.  He got there at night.  When the butler left he told the Doc where he came from and before the butler got back he killed the doc.  After he ran off -- after never telling the butler who he was or where he came from -- he showed up back home still in the night, still in the pouring rain, and yet they not only managed to follow him but they arrived just in time to arrest him after he discovers his dead wife?  Shenanigans.

The slave blindfold?  You could clearly see Ricardo's face though it before they finished wrapping it around his head.  Not very serviceable as a blindfold.  Shenanigans.  

The pirate ship -- a big piece of nailed-together wood -- smashing a huge stone statue?  Shenanigans.  Speaking of which -- how could a wooden boat survive more than 100 years in a jungle (see: rain forest) without completely rotting and falling apart?  Must be the magic of the island.

The nail that Ricardo dropped but couldn't reach -- as he struggled to grab it, I thought "his legs must be chained up, too, or else he could reach it with his feet."  Nope, turns out I was wrong, his legs weren't chained and he certainly could've used them to grab the nail.  Shenanigans.  

And how could the cross Richard buried have still been there after more than 100 years?  With all the rain and erosion, I would've thought it might've been either more deeply buried or even washed away.  Shenanigans.

Ignoring my bitch fest, if the island is the cork and in the alternate reality there is no island, then I have to suspect that Smokey is free.  If he is free, then perhaps we'll see Alternate Earth go to Hell in the coming episodes ... that's my present guess, anyway.
M'lady.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2010, 08:50:13 PM »
Who else has their money on "the package" being Desmond?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2010, 09:31:44 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 30, 2010, 08:50:13 PM

If I had seen this earlier, I would have doubled down on that.

Also, I'm going to go TDubbs and say that next episode will be incredible.  Anything involving Desmond instantly makes this show better.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2010, 06:54:37 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on March 30, 2010, 08:50:13 PM

So was Charles Widmore's past interactions with Desmond some sort of test to see if he is ready to handle what's to come? It seemed that Charles' was trying to get Desmond to constantly prove himself apparently knowing full well about smokey and Desmond's importance.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2010, 08:47:11 AM »
The scene with Widmore and Smokey was awesome. Looking forward to their next confrontation. I like that Widmore seems to know just as much as we do (not a whole lot) about what exactly Smokey is. So NotTinaFey is a geophysicist...are they trying to set some sort of trap for Smokey involving the electromagnetic pockets?

That fucking red V in the corner of my teevee was infuriating.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2010, 08:50:23 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 31, 2010, 08:47:11 AM
The scene with Widmore and Smokey was awesome. Looking forward to their next confrontation. I like that Widmore seems to know just as much as we do (not a whole lot) about what exactly Smokey is. So NotTinaFey is a geophysicist...are they trying to set some sort of trap for Smokey involving the electromagnetic pockets?

THIS.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2010, 08:58:52 AM »

Think Desmond is one of those traps b/c he turned that key a few seasons ago?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on March 31, 2010, 08:50:23 AM

THIS.

Double THIS.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2010, 01:19:41 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 31, 2010, 08:58:52 AM

This is the least-retarded thing you've ever said.  Who told you to say it?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2010, 01:26:53 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 31, 2010, 01:19:41 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 31, 2010, 08:58:52 AM

This is the least-retarded thing you've ever said.  Who told you to say it?

Me brain.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
I don't remember the last time I've laughed out loud at Lost, but there were several genuinely funny moments this episode.

SAWYER:  Why don't you just turn into black smoke and fly over to the other island?
FLOCKE:  If I could do that, do you really think I would still be on this island?
SAWYER:  Yeah, because that would be RIDICULOUS.

BEN:  For the last time, she was unconscious when I found her!  Why don't you believe me?
ILANNA:  Because you're talking.

Hurley also had a great line on the beach which I can't recall.  But I recall the laughter.  Oh, the laughter.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2010, 02:51:52 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 31, 2010, 02:47:19 PM
I don't remember the last time I've laughed out loud at Lost, but there were several genuinely funny moments this episode.

SAWYER:  Why don't you just turn into black smoke and fly over to the other island?
FLOCKE:  If I could do that, do you really think I would still be on this island?

BEN:  For the last time, she was unconscious when I found her!  Why don't you believe me?

Hurley also had a great line on the beach which I can't recall.  But I recall the laughter.  Oh, the laughter.

"I think she said she doesn't want to go"

Kermit IV

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: March 31, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 02:51:52 PM

Bingo.  Didn't he basically mutter it?  Maybe even off-camera?  It wasn't as much the line, but that it seemed so off-the-cuff.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2010, 03:16:16 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 31, 2010, 03:06:02 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 02:51:52 PM

Bingo.  Didn't he basically mutter it?  Maybe even off-camera?  It wasn't as much the line, but that it seemed so off-the-cuff.

I fully expected it. As I saw her lips moving so fast, spewing out that foreign shit, inviting me to facefuck the shit out of her, getting all hot and bother... where was I? Oh, yea. Seeing Miles and him in the background gave me a good feeling that something like that was gonna get sayed.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »

The other funny thing was when Miles was incredulous that Sun just forgot English and Lapidas turned to him and said, "says the guy who talks to dead people".

Is anyone else irritated by NotTinaFey beyond all rationality? She's more annoying than a skeleton jacking off on a tin roof. I hate her.