News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 77,040 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #330 on: April 14, 2010, 09:25:26 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 14, 2010, 09:11:49 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 14, 2010, 12:20:34 AM
So, Desmond is matching up everything to the way it is/should be in the real universe?

I don't really understand what you're asking. It seems to me that AltDesmond plowed into AltLocke either because:

- he thinks that the guy who pushed him down the well was actually Locke, and he's getting some sweet revenge or
- (more likely) he is sending Locke to the hospital to meet up with Jack, Jin, Sun and Cholly

AltDesmond telling Ben the teacher that he had a kid named Cholly seems to support the theory that Des is now aware of all alternate universes.

I think if he's trying to reunite AltLocke with Jack, it's so he can finally get that surgery to fix his legs.  AltDesmond's goal seems to be to make everyone aware of the main universe, and they are doing that through whatever is their strongest connection with the island.  For AltHurley/Faraday/Desmond, it was meeting the women they loved.  With AltLocke, I would think he'll remember once he regains the ability to walk.  And I'm guessing AltJack and AltKate will remember whenever they meet each other.  Hopefully Sayid never remembers, so he can go on killing people.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: April 14, 2010, 09:35:16 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 14, 2010, 09:25:26 AM
So, Desmond is matching up everything to the way it is/should be in the real universe?

I don't really understand what you're asking. It seems to me that AltDesmond plowed into AltLocke either because:

- he thinks that the guy who pushed him down the well was actually Locke, and he's getting some sweet revenge or
- (more likely) he is sending Locke to the hospital to meet up with Jack, Jin, Sun and Cholly

AltDesmond telling Ben the teacher that he had a kid named Cholly seems to support the theory that Des is now aware of all alternate universes.

I think if he's trying to reunite AltLocke with Jack, it's so he can finally get that surgery to fix his legs.  AltDesmond's goal seems to be to make everyone aware of the main universe, and they are doing that through whatever is their strongest connection with the island.  For AltHurley/Faraday/Desmond, it was meeting the women they loved.  With AltLocke, I would think he'll remember once he regains the ability to walk.  And I'm guessing AltJack and AltKate will remember whenever they meet each other.  Hopefully Sayid never remembers, so he can go on killing people.

They already bumped into each other on the Oceanic flight. Kate stole the pen out of Jack's pocket. I do like the idea about the leg fixing triggering Locke's memories.

Totally unrelated to the plot but I really enjoyed Hurley's mention of The Human Fund last night. Money. For people.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: April 14, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »
I figured AltDes hit AltLocke because was trying to give AltLocke (as one of the fellow Alt815-ers he's tracked down) a brush with death, much like the brush with death that AltCholly forced on him.

So far we've seen Juliet, Sun (possibly), Desmond/AltDesmond, AltCholly, AltDaniel, AltLibby and AltHurley "cross over" between timelines.

Of these, 4 of these experiences came in death or through possible brushes with death: Juliet (died), Desmond (lethal levels of electromagnetism), AltDesmond (drowning) and AltCholly (ODing). 2, possibly 3, occurred during moments of unconsciousness: AltDaniel (in his sleep), AltDesmond (passing out at the stadium) and possibly Sun (knocked out by a tree). Both Desmond and AltDesmond had separate electromagnetism-related cross-overs (the lethal device on the island and the MRI machine off). AltHurley's flash came when kissing a blonde with nice breasts. And AltLibby's came... while watching TV?

I expect AltLocke to awaken in the hospital having caught flashes of his island self walking around like a regular Rory Calhoun. (And, yes, maybe he has a new run-in with Jack.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2010, 10:31:47 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 14, 2010, 09:35:16 AM
Totally unrelated to the plot but I really enjoyed Hurley's mention of The Human Fund last night. Money. For people.

That.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2010, 10:37:39 AM »

They already bumped into each other on the Oceanic flight. Kate stole the pen out of Jack's pocket. I do like the idea about the leg fixing triggering Locke's memories.

Right, but they didn't have a "connection."  A lot of the people on the flight met each other already (Jack and Locke, for instance, had an extended conversation), but they didn't have a moment reminiscent of something that happened on the island.  Of course, it's possible that this won't happen for Sayid and maybe Sawyer/Kate, depending on whether or not them choosing sides affects what happens in the AltUniverse.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 14, 2010, 10:37:39 AM

Right, but they didn't have a "connection."  A lot of the people on the flight met each other already (Jack and Locke, for instance, had an extended conversation), but they didn't have a moment reminiscent of something that happened on the island.  Of course, it's possible that this won't happen for Sayid and maybe Sawyer/Kate, depending on whether or not them choosing sides affects what happens in the AltUniverse.

Juliet has to see Sawyer somehow b/c she knew that "it worked".  My guess:   Juliet gets arrested or something by Sawyer.  Or she's Jack's ex-wife and they all end up at the hospital together for the altgangbang.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2010, 11:16:56 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 14, 2010, 10:37:39 AM

THI.

AHurley met ALibby and didn't realize it till they kissed

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 14, 2010, 11:05:32 AM
Juliet has to see Sawyer somehow b/c she knew that "it worked".

Or maybe she just saw her sister.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
Steak drippings. All the threads are starting to tie together. The callbacks to past seasons were weaved so effortlessly into this episode that it was hard to keep track.

Can't wait to see Locke go apeshit on NotTinaFey and her band of chubby nerds.

Edited to add it was nice to get confirmation that Smokey was Christian all along (which means he told Locke to move the island, and told Locke to say hi to Jack once he was off the island).

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2010, 07:42:35 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 20, 2010, 09:26:24 PM
Steak drippings. All the threads are starting to tie together. The callbacks to past seasons were weaved so effortlessly into this episode that it was hard to keep track.

Edited to add it was nice to get confirmation that Smokey was Christian all along (which means he told Locke to move the island, and told Locke to say hi to Jack once he was off the island).

Didn't they say Jacob was the only one who could leave the island?  There's so man Real and NotCharacters that I'm starting to mix up who's who.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2010, 07:46:50 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 21, 2010, 07:42:35 AM

Didn't they say Jacob was the only one who could leave the island?  There's so man Real and NotCharacters that I'm starting to mix up who's who.

You're a retard.  Locke left the island to get everybody back. 

I wonder how they're going to get Sawyer, Kate, and Hugo to the hospital to join all of them.  I also wonder how Sun knew who Locke was (or who she thought he was)?  Probably b/c of her brush with death, which seems to be the main reason for realizing on-island stuff (other than "love").  All of the other characters are in play, (Miles, Ilana, Dr. Chang, Charlotte, Faraday, etc.) but I wonder if they will be able to choose their destiny or whatever like I have a feeling the Losties will.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 21, 2010, 07:46:50 AM

I wonder how they're going to get Sawyer, Kate, and Hugo to the hospital to join all of them.  I also wonder how Sun knew who Locke was (or who she thought he was)?  Probably b/c of her brush with death, which seems to be the main reason for realizing on-island stuff (other than "love").  All of the other characters are in play, (Miles, Ilana, Dr. Chang, Charlotte, Faraday, etc.) but I wonder if they will be able to choose their destiny or whatever like I have a feeling the Losties will.

I read the post wrong.  Whoops.  But even still, Christian has visited Jack off the island, which is one of the reasons he decided to go back.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2010, 08:59:34 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on April 21, 2010, 08:57:51 AM

I read the post wrong.  Whoops.  But even still, Christian has visited Jack off the island, which is one of the reasons he decided to go back.

That's actually a good point. Maybe the off-island manifestations of Christian (talking to Michael on the freighter, visiting Jack at the hospital) were Jacob?

Or maybe a plot hole the size of a singularity![/Chuck]

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 08:59:34 AM

That's actually a good point. Maybe the off-island manifestations of Christian (talking to Michael on the freighter, visiting Jack at the hospital) were Jacob?

Or maybe Jack was going crazy?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: April 21, 2010, 09:06:03 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 21, 2010, 09:03:12 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 08:59:34 AM

Or maybe Jack was going crazy?

And you could make the case that the version of Christian that said "you can go now" to Michael on the freighter was actually Jacob - it seemed Michael was temporarily given the "gift" of notdying that Jacob gave to Richard.