News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 77,145 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2010, 05:41:23 PM »
The original casting call for the rolls of Jacob and his adversary...

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/02/episode-51617-season-finale-casting.html

Quote[JASON]
Any ethnicity, late 30s-60s. Former soldier. A leader of men. Smart but more than that – he is wise. Strong and straightforward. The words he says are always listened to and they carry gravitas. GUEST STAR two episodes. May lead to recurrings. Looking for someone very interesting and very special for this role...

[SAMUEL]
Any ethnicity, 40s-60s. A corporate raider looking to take over his next company. Powerful, devious and obtuse. He has a cunning intellect and a strong sense of danger. GUEST STAR two episodes. May lead to recurring. Looking for someone very interesting and very special for this role...

FWIW.

(Via Lostpedia.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 03, 2010, 05:41:23 PM

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/02/episode-51617-season-finale-casting.html

Quote[JASON]
Any ethnicity, late 30s-60s. Former soldier. A leader of men. Smart but more than that – he is wise. Strong and straightforward. The words he says are always listened to and they carry gravitas. GUEST STAR two episodes. May lead to recurrings. Looking for someone very interesting and very special for this role...

[SAMUEL]
Any ethnicity, 40s-60s. A corporate raider looking to take over his next company. Powerful, devious and obtuse. He has a cunning intellect and a strong sense of danger. GUEST STAR two episodes. May lead to recurring. Looking for someone very interesting and very special for this role...

FWIW.

(Via Lostpedia.)

Jason?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2010, 06:56:22 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 03, 2010, 05:48:50 PM

Quote[JASON]

[SAMUEL]

FWIW.

(Via Lostpedia.)

Jason?

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

They weren't going to put out a call explicitly announcing the casting of Jacob, were they? Even Weebs could have figured out what that would mean.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 03, 2010, 06:56:22 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on February 03, 2010, 05:48:50 PM

Quote[JASON]

[SAMUEL]

FWIW.

(Via Lostpedia.)

Jason?

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

They weren't going to put out a call explicitly announcing the casting of Jacob, were they? Even Weebs could have figured out what that would mean.

You give me too much credit.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 03, 2010, 08:58:37 AM
So, Sayid is to Jacob as Locke is to Esau?

Really liking this flash-sideways/alternate reality thing. You'd think the stories will have to converge at some point, I just have no idea how they'll pull it off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the people on the island now approximately four years or so ahead of the people who landed at LAX?  They're clearly at the same time that Locke/Esau's party is at, since Jacob appeared and said he'd died just an hour earlier.

I loved how they made us think that Plane Jack remembered the events on the island at first.  I got all, "If it never happened, he wouldn't remember it!" huffy before they made me feel like a heel by showing he DOESN'T remember.  Neato!  I also liked the bait-and-switch with Plane Locke.  I was sure he'd get up at the end, but he didn't.  HE DIDN'T.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 03, 2010, 07:49:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the people on the island now approximately four years or so ahead of the people who landed at LAX?  They're clearly at the same time that Locke/Esau's party is at, since Jacob appeared and said he'd died just an hour earlier.

That doesn't mean they can't converge. Just that, if they do, it would have to be through flash-/jump-forwards and/or TIME TRAVEL. (The later of which would be pretty unrealistic, when you get right down to it.)

I loved how they made us think that Plane Jack remembered the events on the island at first.  I got all, "If it never happened, he wouldn't remember it!" huffy before they made me feel like a heel by showing he DOESN'T remember.  Neato!  I also liked the bait-and-switch with Plane Locke.  I was sure he'd get up at the end, but he didn't.  HE DIDN'T.

I was kind of expecting that twist, too.

Turns out the twist was: THERE WAS NO TWIST.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:59 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 03, 2010, 07:56:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the people on the island now approximately four years or so ahead of the people who landed at LAX?  They're clearly at the same time that Locke/Esau's party is at, since Jacob appeared and said he'd died just an hour earlier.

That doesn't mean they can't converge. Just that, if they do, it would have to be through flash-/jump-forwards and/or TIME TRAVEL. (The later of which would be pretty unrealistic, when you get right down to it.)

I loved how they made us think that Plane Jack remembered the events on the island at first.  I got all, "If it never happened, he wouldn't remember it!" huffy before they made me feel like a heel by showing he DOESN'T remember.  Neato!  I also liked the bait-and-switch with Plane Locke.  I was sure he'd get up at the end, but he didn't.  HE DIDN'T.

True, it just means that the LAX Losties will have to fill 4 years until they meet up with the Island Losties.  Or, of course, TIME TRAVEL!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2010, 08:49:36 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on February 03, 2010, 08:00:59 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 03, 2010, 07:56:37 PM

True, it just means that the LAX Losties will have to fill 4 years until they meet up with the Island Losties.  Or, of course, TIME TRAVEL!

Or maybe they didn't take that flight until 4 YEARS LATER!!!  I mean, Jack's hair is different.  How could he grow his hair out like that if it was supposed to be short when he went to Australia?  Never mind, TIME TRAVEL is awesome and they should just do more of that.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »

Quote[JASON]

[SAMUEL]

FWIW.

(Via Lostpedia.)

So then they decided to cut costs and just have Terry O'Quinn play two characters?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »
Locke, Sayid, Claire and Christian: Army of the Undead.

Hopefully the DARKNESS claims Mac now, too.

"What's up, bitches?"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 09, 2010, 09:07:10 PM

Is Claire dead?  She just wandered off and ended up with Christian in the Cabin, right?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 09, 2010, 09:21:00 PM

Is Claire dead?  She just wandered off and ended up with Christian in the Cabin, right?

She must have died and found the Others who tried to save her, thought they did, gave her "the test" which she failed, and then she possibly escaped where THE DARKNESS enveloped her heart and turned her into a killing machine.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 09, 2010, 09:26:55 PM

She must have died and found the Others who tried to save her, thought they did, gave her "the test" which she failed, and then she possibly escaped where THE DARKNESS enveloped her heart and turned her into a killing machine.

Would it kill her to wash off, though?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2010, 09:40:14 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 09, 2010, 09:33:49 PM

She's gotta stay concealed so she can easily pick off snarky douches like Mac.

"What is this, a press conference?"

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
Quote from: R-V on February 09, 2010, 09:40:14 PM
Quote from: JD on February 09, 2010, 09:33:49 PM

She's gotta stay concealed so she can easily pick off snarky douches like Mac.

"What is this, a press conference?"

He was annoyingly distracting.  I know he was playing "ticked off", but that was a little weird.  I'm glad he's dead. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.