News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Lost: The Final Boner  ( 77,094 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Lost: The Final Boner
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2010, 12:03:34 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 05, 2010, 11:40:52 AM
I find all this "did they plan it stuff" tiresome. It's been an awesomely entertaining show. As long as there aren't any plot holes THE SIZE OF A SINGULARITY, I don't give a rat's ass.

Agreed, but one the reasons it's been entertaining is a "what the fuck is going on" string to the whole series.  If they don't answer stuff like "what is the island" and "why can't anyone find it" better than Battlestar's "God did it" ending, a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2010, 12:07:50 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 05, 2010, 12:03:34 PM
I find all this "did they plan it stuff" tiresome. It's been an awesomely entertaining show. As long as there aren't any plot holes THE SIZE OF A SINGULARITY, I don't give a rat's ass.

Agreed, but one the reasons it's been entertaining is a "what the fuck is going on" string to the whole series.  If they don't answer stuff like "what is the island" and "why can't anyone find it" better than Battlestar's "God did it" ending, a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

What are those people going to do?  Stop watching?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »

Thanks for ruining Battlestar for me. Lindelof has already addressed the "what is the island" question, and I agree with him. It's a cool place where crazy shit happens. What more do you need to know?

QuoteThere are certain questions about the show that I'm very befuddled by like, 'What is the Island?' or 'What do the numbers mean?' We're going to be explaining a little more about the numbers, maybe significantly more about the numbers, but what do you mean by 'What do the numbers mean?' What is a potential answer to that question? I feel like you have to be very careful about entering into Midi-Chlorian territory. I grew up on Star Wars; I've seen the Star Wars movies hundreds of times; I can recite them chapter and verse, and never once did anyone ever say to me or did it occur to me to say, 'What is the Force, exactly? Can you explain that for me, better than Alec Guinness does?' I understand, 'When are we going to find out about Libby?' That's a very finite question. 'Who is Jacob?' OK, yes, we've been talking to this guy named Jacob, so those questions then should have answers, but 'What is the Island?' That starts to get into 'What is the Force?' It is a place. I can't explain to you why it moves through space-time-it just does. You have to accept the fact that it does.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2010, 12:45:14 PM »

From Kristen at E Online:

"Episode 6x09 Ab Aeterno:
- We will learn what the island is from Jacob. Last week she said that it is a 4-letter word with out an A or E but this week she says it has an O.
- We learn why Richard does not age"
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 05, 2010, 12:30:13 PM

Agreed, but one the reasons it's been entertaining is a "what the fuck is going on" string to the whole series.  If they don't answer stuff like "what is the island" and "why can't anyone find it" better than Battlestar's "God did it" ending, a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

Thanks for ruining Battlestar for me. Lindelof has already addressed the "what is the island" question, and I agree with him. It's a cool place where crazy shit happens. What more do you need to know?

QuoteThere are certain questions about the show that I'm very befuddled by like, 'What is the Island?' or 'What do the numbers mean?' We're going to be explaining a little more about the numbers, maybe significantly more about the numbers, but what do you mean by 'What do the numbers mean?' What is a potential answer to that question? I feel like you have to be very careful about entering into Midi-Chlorian territory. I grew up on Star Wars; I've seen the Star Wars movies hundreds of times; I can recite them chapter and verse, and never once did anyone ever say to me or did it occur to me to say, 'What is the Force, exactly? Can you explain that for me, better than Alec Guinness does?' I understand, 'When are we going to find out about Libby?' That's a very finite question. 'Who is Jacob?' OK, yes, we've been talking to this guy named Jacob, so those questions then should have answers, but 'What is the Island?' That starts to get into 'What is the Force?' It is a place. I can't explain to you why it moves through space-time-it just does. You have to accept the fact that it does.

Certainly there are things that we will have to just accept like "the island is not like all other places on Earth", and it's totally fair that 5 years in we can just accept things like "time travels happens" without needing an explanation why.  

But to Chuck's point (seriously? I hate myself) there are absolutely certain things that need to be answered because it gets to the very heart of why we've been so enthralled in watching.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 05, 2010, 12:54:23 PM

Agreed, but one the reasons it's been entertaining is a "what the fuck is going on" string to the whole series.  If they don't answer stuff like "what is the island" and "why can't anyone find it" better than Battlestar's "God did it" ending, a lot of people are gonna be pissed.

Certainly there are things that we will have to just accept like "the island is not like all other places on Earth", and it's totally fair that 5 years in we can just accept things like "time travels happens" without needing an explanation why.  

But to Chuck's point (seriously? I hate myself) there are absolutely certain things that need to be answered because it gets to the very heart of why we've been so enthralled in watching.

You should hate yourself. Of course I want some answers. But I really don't care if we get answers to little things or anything Chuck wants to know.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2010, 01:07:34 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 05, 2010, 12:58:15 PM

You should hate yourself. Of course I want some answers. But I really don't care if we get answers to little things or anything Chuck wants to know.

I think the line for people is going to be what constitutes the "little things."

For example:
I'd like to know what the deal with Christian is.
I'd like to see more Desmond before this series ends.
What's with the alt timeline? Is it all because of Jughead blowing up and if so, how far back did that change things (like if it only changed things after that, why is Ben substitute teaching)
What are those 4-toed statues (okay, maybe I don't really care about this)
How does Flocke turn into the smoke monster and what the hell is it?
What's up with Richard? Why doesn't he age? Is he just a patsy this whole time, following orders? (Sounds like this may get some play next week)
Why do all the women who become pregnant on the island have problems (pretty sure this isn't getting answered and it's just accepted as fact)
Do Adam and Eve have any relevance/more importance?
Does Vincent time travel too?
Have we seen the last of Walt? (I assume so)
What favor did Jacob ask of Ilana?
Who is that kid who said Flocke couldn't kill him b/c of the rules? Who's rules? Who can't he kill?

Okay, that's just a quick smattering.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2010, 01:09:55 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 05, 2010, 01:07:34 PM

I think the line for people is going to be what constitutes the "little things."

For example:
What's with the alt timeline? Is it all because of Jughead blowing up and if so, how far back did that change things (like if it only changed things after that, why is Ben substitute teaching)
What's up with Richard? Why doesn't he age? Is he just a patsy this whole time, following orders? (Sounds like this may get some play next week)
Why do all the women who become pregnant on the island have problems (pretty sure this isn't getting answered and it's just accepted as fact)
Who is that kid who said Flocke couldn't kill him b/c of the rules? Who's rules? Who can't he kill?

Those are all big questions, and I'd bet dollars to donuts (what does that even mean anyway?) that they'll all be answered.

So to sum up, you overreacted to an innocent quote from the producers and should apologize to all of Desipio.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2010, 01:11:59 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 05, 2010, 01:09:55 PM

For example:

Those are all big questions, and I'd bet dollars to donuts (what does that even mean anyway?) that they'll all be answered.

So to sum up, you overreacted to an innocent quote from the producers and should apologize to all of Desipio.

I'll apologize if they answer all the big questions. 
But only then.

And I'll apologize to your mother.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2010, 01:18:30 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 05, 2010, 01:11:59 PM
Quote from: R-V on March 05, 2010, 01:09:55 PM

For example:

I'll apologize if they answer all the big questions. 
But only then.

And I'll apologize to your mother.

This may seem strange, but the mystery I'm most interested in is who Juliet shot during the canoe chase last season.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2010, 01:25:23 PM »
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
I am under the assumption that the alt. timeline is something that has always been going on. An actual alternate universe or something. Obviously it had to start before Juliet blew up the bomb because Ben is alive. The fact that NotLocke says he can give Sayid what he wants (to be with Nadia) makes me think he knows of this alternate timeline and can put Island Sayid into the Alt. Timeline Sayid and everything is hunky dory. Now if he'll actually do that is another story. I guess Jacob and MIB can both offer that but they have different ways to do it, and that might be their big conflict.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2010, 10:07:25 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 05, 2010, 02:04:12 PM
I am under the assumption that the alt. timeline is something that has always been going on. An actual alternate universe or something. Obviously it had to start before Juliet blew up the bomb because Ben is alive. The fact that NotLocke says he can give Sayid what he wants (to be with Nadia) makes me think he knows of this alternate timeline and can put Island Sayid into the Alt. Timeline Sayid and everything is hunky dory. Now if he'll actually do that is another story. I guess Jacob and MIB can both offer that but they have different ways to do it, and that might be their big conflict.

I wonder if that is at all related to "the magic box" that Ben talks about way back in season 3.  Maybe Jacob/NotLocke can pull everyone to the island from any of these alternate universes, sort of like how the time travel, wheel room was capable of sending a person off the island.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 06, 2010, 10:07:25 AM
Quote from: Yeti on March 05, 2010, 02:04:12 PM

I wonder if that is at all related to "the magic box" that Ben talks about way back in season 3.  Maybe Jacob/NotLocke can pull everyone to the island from any of these alternate universes, sort of like how the time travel, wheel room was capable of sending a person off the island.

That's one of the questions that really needs to be answered.  Just how did Ben get Locke's dad to the island?  Who built the donkey wheel?  How did Dharma find our about/ get to the Island?  Why did they need to be there?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2010, 03:22:28 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on March 06, 2010, 10:07:25 AM

I'm not gonna dismiss this out of hand, but I certainly hope EvilLocke's endgame is bigger than a "magic box."

(A "box" which Ben already claimed was a metaphor. Perhaps for the island itself.)

Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 06, 2010, 01:30:31 PM
That's one of the questions that really needs to be answered.  Just how did Ben get Locke's dad to the island?  Who built the donkey wheel?  How did Dharma find our about/ get to the Island?  Why did they need to be there?

One of the questions that really needs to be answered is how one secondary character got to the island for a few minutes of screen time in a single episode?

And Dharma? Who gives a shit about Dharma at this point?

I hope you're happy, Pen.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?