News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No  ( 17,970 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2015, 08:42:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2015, 08:38:50 AM
Quote from: Oleg on November 18, 2015, 08:36:53 AM
Quote from: Eli on November 18, 2015, 08:31:39 AM
Quote from: Oleg on November 18, 2015, 08:20:56 AM
Quote from: CT III on November 17, 2015, 09:29:28 AM
Here's my interpretation of how Apex's interview actually went:

Scene: Wood paneled office.  The CEO sits behind a mahogany desk large enough to land a plane on.

CEO: *presses intercom button*: "Martha, please send in the next candidate."

*Enter Apex, he is wearing a suit and tie, but no shirt. The sleeves have been cut off his jacket*

CEO: "Your credentials and references are impeccable sir.  So my only question is, what can you tell me that I don't already know?"

Apex: "In softball, a leadoff triple is as good as a home run. Jose Macias was bad, but so was Jeromy Burnitz. Ken Griffey Jr. never lifted a weight in his damn life."

CEO: *Leans back in his chair, looks thoughtful, then pushes a button on his desk*

*A hatch in the ceiling opens, and a mixture of balloons, confetti and hundred dollar bills falls rains down on the room*

Apex: *stands up from his chair with his arms raised triumphantly in the air*

Apex: "Bazinga."

/scene

Anyone going to apply for this?

I imagine ChuckD is the only person here who would have any glimmer of hope.

If we're talking people very loosely in our circles, I wonder if Harry Pavlidis is a fit since so much of his work is PITCHf/x focused.

Wait...he's loosely in our circles?  Did I miss something?

He talks to some of us on twitter sometimes, maybe? Or maybe he follows Andy. I think they all follow Andy.

Not bad for a fading star.  Not Harry.  Andy.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2015, 08:44:54 AM »

Scene: Wood paneled office.  The CEO sits behind a mahogany desk large enough to land a plane on.

*Enter Apex, he is wearing a suit and tie, but no shirt. The sleeves have been cut off his jacket*

CEO: "Your credentials and references are impeccable sir.  So my only question is, what can you tell me that I don't already know?"

Apex: "In softball, a leadoff triple is as good as a home run. Jose Macias was bad, but so was Jeromy Burnitz. Ken Griffey Jr. never lifted a weight in his damn life."

CEO: *Leans back in his chair, looks thoughtful, then pushes a button on his desk*

*A hatch in the ceiling opens, and a mixture of balloons, confetti and hundred dollar bills falls rains down on the room*

/scene

If we're talking people very loosely in our circles, I wonder if Harry Pavlidis is a fit since so much of his work is PITCHf/x focused.

He talks to some of us on twitter sometimes, maybe? Or maybe he follows Andy. I think they all follow Andy.

And he's a Cubs fan living in Chicago. But that's basically all I meant by "very loosely."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2015, 08:48:59 AM »

/scene

We all follow Andy.

*eats human brains*
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2015, 08:49:40 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 18, 2015, 08:48:59 AM

/scene

We all follow Andy.

*eats human brains*

Well I mean some people just follow him on twitter as opposed to those of us who spout his ideology as his brainwashed Snark Disciples.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2015, 09:01:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2015, 08:49:40 AM

/scene

We all follow Andy.

*eats human brains*

Well I mean some people just follow him on twitter as opposed to those of us who spout his ideology as his brainwashed Snark Disciples.

Wait.  Am I in a cult?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2015, 09:05:12 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 18, 2015, 09:01:58 AM

/scene

We all follow Andy.

*eats human brains*

Wait.  Am I in a cult?

Of course not, man. You're free to leave any time. Just make sure to drink this syringe full of Kool Aid first.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2015, 09:06:42 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2015, 09:05:12 AM

/scene

We all follow Andy.

*eats human brains*

Wait.  Am I in a cult?

Of course not, man. You're free to leave any time. Just make sure to drink this syringe full of Kool Aid first.

If you're gonna make him drink it, why are you bothering with the syringe? Those needles cost money, man.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2015, 09:07:57 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 18, 2015, 09:06:42 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2015, 09:05:12 AM

/scene

We all follow Andy.

*eats human brains*

Wait.  Am I in a cult?

If you're gonna make him drink it, why are you bothering with the syringe? Those needles cost money, man.

Oh that's not a problem, thanks to these documents he signed leaving all of his assets to us in the event of his untimely demise. We should be able to buy all the syringes we need just from selling some of the weed.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2015, 02:05:15 PM »
Anybody free next Mon-Wed for a burger or sandwich?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2015, 02:39:20 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 18, 2015, 02:05:15 PM

I'm good Tuesday.  Probably working from home on Wednesday.  Monday is actually looking a bit busy.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2015, 02:49:38 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 18, 2015, 02:39:20 PM

I'm good Tuesday.  Probably working from home on Wednesday.  Monday is actually looking a bit busy.

I might be able to swing Tuesday, but it's a big maybe.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2015, 03:54:39 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 18, 2015, 02:49:38 PM
Quote from: Oleg on November 18, 2015, 02:39:20 PM

I might be able to swing Tuesday, but it's a big maybe.

I'm out on Monday, possible on Tuesday and Wednesday will probably depend on what time they let us out of school.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2015, 04:06:01 PM »
Let's try for Tuesday. Monk's, Perry's, whatever. Hell, if UB Dogs had more seats I'd be up for that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2015, 06:41:59 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 18, 2015, 04:06:01 PM
Let's try for Tuesday. Monk's, Perry's, whatever. Hell, if UB Dogs had more seats I'd be up for that.

I'm in just name the time and place
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2015, 07:53:09 PM »
Oops. Nevermind. I can't make it on Tuesday.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck