News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 10: The Show  ( 88,873 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: MLB 10: The Show
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2010, 09:09:41 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 04, 2010, 08:47:20 AM
I know everyone is on the edges of their seats.

I'm pacing back and forth chain smoking, myself.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2010, 09:10:06 AM »
Quote from: Pre on March 04, 2010, 09:09:41 AM

I'm just smoking his dong

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2010, 09:35:20 AM »
I'm going to resist the urge to stop posting in this faggy thread because I'm enjoying the non-Weebs portions of it.

Played another 9 inning game last night - Cubs at Cards with Lilly vs. Carpenter. I got 2 runs off Carpenter in the first (when Byrd came up to bat with the bases loaded they showed a fancy graphic on most team grand slams in the NL in 2009) and the Cards got 2 off Lilly. Couldn't figure out his release point at first so I was having trouble throwing strikes. Both men settled in but Carpenter became unhittable. Jammed me up pretty good and managed to strategically walk Ramirez one inning and Soriano in another to escape what one could barely classify as trouble. Holliday homered off the terrible Jeff Stevens in the 7th to make it 4-2 and a brief glimmer of hope in the ninth when Po Boy Franklin walked Fontenot to lead off the inning followed by a one out double by Theriot ended with two straight popouts by Fukudome and Lee. So Cub.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »
Did I add that the second team I got shut out by was the Reds? That was my shining moment. Fucking Johnny Cueto. Through 4 games, I have a blistering 1 hit in about 14 ABs for Soriano. That one hit was a HR, too.

I'm probably going to make the initial steps of starting the league. We need a 6th to be in. Anyone have someone in mind? I have a friend who could (he's probably a polar opposite from DT20). I was thinking about it, and I don't think Sliders and shit matters since we'd all be playing each other. I'm thinking 3 game series will work (30 games total). Anyone have a preference on days to complete? You can either get 3, 5, or 7 days to complete your series with your opponent. I think 5 would work but I could definitely understand 7 days since it guarantees weekend days.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 04, 2010, 09:35:20 AM
I'm going to resist the urge to stop posting in this faggy thread because I'm enjoying the non-Weebs portions of it.

Played another 9 inning game last night - Cubs at Cards with Lilly vs. Carpenter. I got 2 runs off Carpenter in the first (when Byrd came up to bat with the bases loaded they showed a fancy graphic on most team grand slams in the NL in 2009) and the Cards got 2 off Lilly. Couldn't figure out his release point at first so I was having trouble throwing strikes. Both men settled in but Carpenter became unhittable. Jammed me up pretty good and managed to strategically walk Ramirez one inning and Soriano in another to escape what one could barely classify as trouble. Holliday homered off the terrible Jeff Stevens in the 7th to make it 4-2 and a brief glimmer of hope in the ninth when Po Boy Franklin walked Fontenot to lead off the inning followed by a one out double by Theriot ended with two straight popouts by Fukudome and Lee. So Cub.

I like how it seems as though even though the pitching mechanics seem simple compared to 2K, it's not a given that you can button mash perfect pitches all game.  Is that a safe assumption?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2010, 10:16:13 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 04, 2010, 09:43:49 AM
Did I add that the second team I got shut out by was the Reds? That was my shining moment. Fucking Johnny Cueto. Through 4 games, I have a blistering 1 hit in about 14 ABs for Soriano. That one hit was a HR, too.

I'm probably going to make the initial steps of starting the league. We need a 6th to be in. Anyone have someone in mind? I have a friend who could (he's probably a polar opposite from DT20). I was thinking about it, and I don't think Sliders and shit matters since we'd all be playing each other. I'm thinking 3 game series will work (30 games total). Anyone have a preference on days to complete? You can either get 3, 5, or 7 days to complete your series with your opponent. I think 5 would work but I could definitely understand 7 days since it guarantees weekend days.

Yeah, sliders probably won't make a huge difference, but I'd say the only thing we need to decide on is the options.  Specifically, I think we should play at either All-Star or HoF difficulty, with Guess Pitch and Hot/Cold Zones disabled.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »
Quote from: Pre on March 04, 2010, 09:09:41 AM

UPS status:  DELIVERED

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 04, 2010, 10:11:34 AM

I like how it seems as though even though the pitching mechanics seem simple compared to 2K, it's not a given that you can button mash perfect pitches all game.  Is that a safe assumption?

Button mashers need not apply. I'm not even sure how that would be possible. You have a bar that is a three button system. Push to activate, stop it based on how much power/effectiveness you want on the pitch, stop again in the accuracy zone which can expand or shrink based on how good/effective your pitcher has been so far in the game. It gets bigger if you're mowing down hitters and will be non existent if you start giving up ropes all over the place. It's also cool that you have to get used to each pitcher's mechanics as that effects the timing of the pitches. I really like the warm up on the mound option they added. You get 8 pitches with a new reliever to get used to his delivery. You can skip it by pressing the back button.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 04, 2010, 10:24:14 AM

Button mashers need not apply. I'm not even sure how that would be possible. You have a bar that is a three button system. Push to activate, stop it based on how much power/effectiveness you want on the pitch, stop again in the accuracy zone which can expand or shrink based on how good/effective your pitcher has been so far in the game. It gets bigger if you're mowing down hitters and will be non existent if you start giving up ropes all over the place. It's also cool that you have to get used to each pitcher's mechanics as that effects the timing of the pitches. I really like the warm up on the mound option they added. You get 8 pitches with a new reliever to get used to his delivery. You can skip it by pressing the back button.

Wow...that's fucking awesome.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2010, 10:35:08 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 04, 2010, 10:27:20 AM

You're not going to be playing anything else for a long time. I'm excited for you.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 04, 2010, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 04, 2010, 10:27:20 AM

You're not going to be playing anything else for a long time. I'm excited for you.

I'm already coming to terms that I won't be playing much Modern Warfare 2 at all this summer.  I'm completely okay with that.  I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch because the PS3 isn't repaired yet, but I think PSR's success rate is pretty good.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »

There's no way I'll consistently play 3 games in 5 days.  BECAUSE I'M SUCH A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2010, 11:04:17 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 04, 2010, 10:47:42 AM

There's no way I'll consistently play 3 games in 5 days.  BECAUSE I'M SUCH A SOCIAL BUTTERFLY.

The online league might be a little ambitious, I agree. Let's play this one by ear.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on March 04, 2010, 11:04:17 AM

The online league might be a little ambitious, I agree. Let's play this one by ear.

Agreed.  April is going to be hectic what with the move and such, so I figure by May I'll be ready for a league.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2010, 11:09:38 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 04, 2010, 11:05:59 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 04, 2010, 11:04:17 AM

Agreed.  April is going to be hectic what with the move and such, so I figure by May I'll be ready for a league.

I'm not going to play, but if you can get DT20 to play, I'll definitely follow this thread, I can promise that.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.