News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse  ( 82,706 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse
« Reply #600 on: December 16, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 16, 2010, 10:10:53 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2010, 10:04:18 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 16, 2010, 10:02:41 AM
Quote from: BH on December 16, 2010, 09:47:58 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 16, 2010, 09:07:57 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 16, 2010, 08:59:57 AM
Quote from: BH on December 16, 2010, 08:43:36 AM
I hope we wear the right cleats this week.

You watch football in cleats?

It's easier for him and Slezak to walk over to the snack table in her natural grass basement.

We watch the games in bed. Between commercials of Say Yes to the Dress.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

You've obviously never whacked off to Say Yes to the Dress.

Well I know what I'm doing tonight

Whacking off to Toddlers and Tiaras?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: December 16, 2010, 10:13:57 AM »
Quote from: Bort on December 16, 2010, 10:11:56 AM
Quote from: Yeti on December 16, 2010, 10:10:53 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2010, 10:04:18 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on December 16, 2010, 10:02:41 AM
Quote from: BH on December 16, 2010, 09:47:58 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 16, 2010, 09:07:57 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 16, 2010, 08:59:57 AM
Quote from: BH on December 16, 2010, 08:43:36 AM
I hope we wear the right cleats this week.

You watch football in cleats?

It's easier for him and Slezak to walk over to the snack table in her natural grass basement.

We watch the games in bed. Between commercials of Say Yes to the Dress.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

You've obviously never whacked off to Say Yes to the Dress.

Well I know what I'm doing tonight

Whacking off to Toddlers and Tiaras?

Wrong wrong true wrong wrong wrong wrong

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: December 16, 2010, 10:43:44 AM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: December 16, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
Now the Vikings are concerned that playing at TCF Bank Stadium will be Dongpocalyptic.[.url]

They're right. Every last one of them. Frozen Field Turf is worse than frozen grass, too, but I'd go so far to say that the Bears should insist on inspecting the field and if it's not to their liking insisting on another venue. Hell, the Bears should even threaten to forfeit, if necessary. Same with the union.

Here are the Vikings:

Quote"I just hope it's a safe environment to play in," tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said. "That it's not going to be hazardous to the players when it comes to field conditions."

"Is that really a home-field advantage for us? That's the question," Shiancoe said. "But at the same time, we have to go out there and play, and we'll play hard."

Linebacker Ben Leber, one of the Vikings' assistant player representatives, said he has not been asked about the choice of venue.

"They haven't consulted us, and to my understanding they haven't consulted anybody," Leber said. "I talked to a few guys, and nobody has been asked what our opinion is. ... I think much like everything else we're just kind of told where and when to be and just roll with it."

Said Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell: "When it comes to a circumstance like this, you certainly would like to have some input. I don't know if we have a choice."

"It can be a potentially dangerous situation, but because historically in the past games have been played on frozen fields ... and there is probably not enough evidence to say, 'There's a 60 percent chance of a player getting hurt or whatever,'" Leber said. "This machine has been going too long and too hard for anything to throw a wrench in it during the week of the game. It's a valid question, but I don't think anything could be done."

"There's a reason that cold weather fields around the league have coils under them," Longwell said. "That's so you can be able to put your cleat in the ground. To have a FieldTurf field that's been sitting under snow for a couple of months with no coils, it's kind of one of those things where it's uncharted territory.

"You don't know if you're going to be able to wear cleats, you don't know if you're going to have to wear more like a running shoe with rubber on the bottom. I don't know if we have much choice in the issue, but it certainly does not sound like an ideal scenario footingwise without the coils and with a field that has not been protected for the last couple of months."

BONUS, specifically with Slaky in mind: Be sure to read the comments. It's good to know the meatballs even exist up in Min-nee-sow-tah and among Scandanavians.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: December 16, 2010, 11:02:14 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 16, 2010, 10:52:22 AM
Now the Vikings are concerned that playing at TCF Bank Stadium will be Dongpocalyptic.[.url]

They're right. Every last one of them. Frozen Field Turf is worse than frozen grass, too, but I'd go so far to say that the Bears should insist on inspecting the field and if it's not to their liking insisting on another venue. Hell, the Bears should even threaten to forfeit, if necessary. Same with the union.

Here are the Vikings:

Quote"I just hope it's a safe environment to play in," tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said. "That it's not going to be hazardous to the players when it comes to field conditions."

"Is that really a home-field advantage for us? That's the question," Shiancoe said. "But at the same time, we have to go out there and play, and we'll play hard."

Linebacker Ben Leber, one of the Vikings' assistant player representatives, said he has not been asked about the choice of venue.

"They haven't consulted us, and to my understanding they haven't consulted anybody," Leber said. "I talked to a few guys, and nobody has been asked what our opinion is. ... I think much like everything else we're just kind of told where and when to be and just roll with it."

Said Vikings kicker Ryan Longwell: "When it comes to a circumstance like this, you certainly would like to have some input. I don't know if we have a choice."

"It can be a potentially dangerous situation, but because historically in the past games have been played on frozen fields ... and there is probably not enough evidence to say, 'There's a 60 percent chance of a player getting hurt or whatever,'" Leber said. "This machine has been going too long and too hard for anything to throw a wrench in it during the week of the game. It's a valid question, but I don't think anything could be done."

"There's a reason that cold weather fields around the league have coils under them," Longwell said. "That's so you can be able to put your cleat in the ground. To have a FieldTurf field that's been sitting under snow for a couple of months with no coils, it's kind of one of those things where it's uncharted territory.

"You don't know if you're going to be able to wear cleats, you don't know if you're going to have to wear more like a running shoe with rubber on the bottom. I don't know if we have much choice in the issue, but it certainly does not sound like an ideal scenario footingwise without the coils and with a field that has not been protected for the last couple of months."

BONUS, specifically with Slaky in mind: Be sure to read the comments. It's good to know the meatballs even exist up in Min-nee-sow-tah and among Scandanavians.

So that makes them Swedish Meatballs?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: December 16, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on December 16, 2010, 11:02:14 AM

Here are the Vikings:

Yes.

And now the Bears are looking to file a formal protest.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: December 16, 2010, 11:10:58 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 16, 2010, 11:04:18 AM

Here are the Vikings:

Yes.

QuoteWhile we're told there is very little chance of Favre ever throwing another NFL pass, Tarvaris Jackson will go on injured reserive because of turf toe.

I don't what the bigger disaster is for the Vikings, their craphole of a stadium collapsing or their shitty QB situation.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: December 16, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on December 16, 2010, 11:10:58 AM

Here are the Vikings:

Yes.

QuoteWhile we're told there is very little chance of Favre ever throwing another NFL pass, Tarvaris Jackson will go on injured reserive because of turf toe.

I don't what the bigger disaster is for the Vikings, their craphole of a stadium collapsing or their shitty QB situation.

I'm sure Fran Tarkenton, Tommy Kramer and maybe even Randall Cunningham and Jeff George will be on hand for the 50th anniversary. Suit them up! Old times sake. Vikings FOOTBALLL! SKOL! /horn sound

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: December 16, 2010, 11:27:24 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 16, 2010, 11:14:27 AM

Here are the Vikings:

Yes.

I'm sure Fran Tarkenton, Tommy Kramer and maybe even Randall Cunningham and Jeff George will be on hand for the 50th anniversary. Suit them up! Old times sake. Vikings FOOTBALLL! SKOL! /horn sound

(Awaits Stew's mention of Joe Kapp)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: December 16, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »

Here are the Vikings:

Yes.

They should protest the shit out of that. They actually have something to play for. Who gives a shit if the entire Vikings roster ends up on IR and they start Mike Hohensee for the last three games. If Cutler or Urlacher or Peppers gets hurt on that I will seek to destroy the entire state of Minnesota with my bare hands.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: December 16, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 16, 2010, 11:27:24 AM
Quote from: Brownie on December 16, 2010, 11:14:27 AM

Here are the Vikings:

Yes.

(Awaits Stew's mention of Joe Kapp)

THE PLAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aCDfJH6eRY
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: December 16, 2010, 12:10:35 PM »

Here are the Vikings:

Having spent ample time with actual Scandinavians, I can safely say that stupidity is a worldwide phenomenon.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: December 16, 2010, 08:07:08 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2010, 12:10:35 PM

Here are the Vikings:

Having spent ample time with actual Scandinavians, I can safely say that stupidity is a worldwide phenomenon.

Related: http://oconnorcasting.tv/castingboard/index.php?q=norway

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: December 17, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »
This game just gets better and better.

Looks like we'll get to see the Joe Webb show, as Favre doesn't think he'll be able to play:

Quote"I don't see any chance today," he said. "As I said after the game [Monday] there's no way I would even consider [playing] with those symptoms still."

Favre also thinks other people care how his career ends, but he doesn't:

Quote"It is probably a lot more important to people that it not end on a hit injury against Buffalo," Favre said. "That very well could be the last play. I don't look at it that way. ... If it is meant to be, it is meant to be. I am not going to beat myself up over it one way or the other."

Meanwhile, space heaters and unnamed chemicals will be used to thaw out the ice-turf:

QuoteAs soon as about five feet of snow is completely removed from the playing surface, which officials said would be completed by noon today, heaters will be used to warm the field. A thermal tarp will cover it until game time. The St. Paul Pioneer Press has reported that chemicals also will be used to thaw the turf.

And players are a little nervous about it:

Quote''If you're going to preach player safety, you would think they would put you in the best conditions to be safe," Bears safety Chris Harris said. "I don't think an icy field is the best conditions."

QuoteWhen asked if he trusted the NFL's judgment on the issue, Harris laughed derisively and said, "No comment."

"You don't have a choice," he said. "They tell you what to do in the NFL. It's pretty much a dictatorship. It's sad, but that's the way it goes. We don't have a voice as far as what we feel is safe. It's unfortunate."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: December 17, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 17, 2010, 09:12:27 AM
QuoteWhen asked if he trusted the NFL's judgment on the issue, Harris laughed derisively and said, "No comment."

"You don't have a choice," he said. "They tell you what to do in the NFL. It's pretty much a dictatorship. It's sad, but that's the way it goes. We don't have a voice as far as what we feel is safe. It's unfortunate."

Sounds like the CBA negotiations should go swimmingly.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16