News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Saboteur  ( 1,786 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Saboteur
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:13:29 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 30, 2009, 09:47:13 AM
Yeti, I saw you playing The Saboteur last night.  How is it?

I meant to start a new thread about this game.

It's a sandbox game so that really kind of gives you an idea of how it plays. It mixes GTA elements, along with Assassin's Creed, along with a couple others I can't quite think of. With any sandbox, I think they try to duplicate some things and find a few other things that they want to be remembered by. Ex: Assassin's Creed started (from what I know of) the whole climb all over the place. (If there's a game before it that did this, shut up and go with me here) The Saboteur allows you to climb all over the place. It definitely lags behind AC in the ease of doing so. They do well in showing you where you can climb next with a little white light, but it takes longer to climb up a building. This could also be a positive b/c AC sometimes seems a little too ridiculous in your climbing abilities.

Some things I like about this game: You can store what seems like an infinite amount of vehicles in your garages and use at your disposal. The visuals are really cool. This is where they probably do the best. When you are in areas where the resistance is strong, then everything is colored as normal. However, if you are in strong Nazi-controlled areas, then most of the screen goes black and white with a few things colored, like Nazi flags. Ex:

So far, there haven't been too many things that are duplicating. Each mission seems to have a different feel to it. One critique I've heard is the difficulty to use weapons b/c of third person. Well, that's true, but it's not more difficult than other games that are 3rd person. The only thing I could imagine them doing better is to have snap aiming like in GTAIV.

Since this is a WWII game, normally there are limits to what you can do, but from what I've gathered, this game isn't going to go by the history books but instead allow you to rewrite history, like in Inglorious Basterds. I may be wrong, but that's what it's looking like.

Overall, I like the game. I'm a fan of these sandbox games. This one is just another in a huge string of them. I'm not sure if it necessarily stands out among them, but it's definitely something I enjoy playing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Saboteur
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »

Intrepid Reader: Jon

Any Hitler punching?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club