News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,053 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1275 on: May 03, 2010, 10:57:09 AM »
Drill, baby, drill.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1276 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:18 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 03, 2010, 10:39:28 AM
Quote from: R-V on May 03, 2010, 10:30:10 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 03, 2010, 10:16:28 AM
Quote from: MikeC on May 03, 2010, 09:36:23 AM
I have worked for the local police department in surveillance and worked with the county as a reserve officer and reasonable suspicion is never one sole factor.

Our very own Dwight Schrute!

This immigration stuff is boring anyway - I want to hear why the OilPenis of Deregulation currently splooging into the Gulf that's going to be the fourth worst* man-made disaster in history is Obama's fault.

1. Hiroshima
2. Nagasaki
3. ACORN
4. BP oil spill
5. The Repeal of Slavery

Let's assign all the correct blame'd.

"You damnyankees ruin everything!"
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1277 on: May 03, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1278 on: May 03, 2010, 11:20:33 AM »
QuoteKobach produced a training video for sheriff's deputies that includes a section on what can constitute "reasonable suspicion" that a person is in the country illegally.

Among the 20 items Kobach lists are demeanor, language, dress and presence in areas known for drophouses or human smuggling.

Kobach stresses in the video that it takes more than one factor to add up to "reasonable suspicion."

How are those 4 things different than just saying they're looking for Mexicans?

I'm wondering if some of the other factors are wearing bandannas, driving El Caminos, wearing shirts with only the top button fastened, rolling really great burritos, and brown skin.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1279 on: May 03, 2010, 11:30:30 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 03, 2010, 11:20:33 AM
QuoteKobach produced a training video for sheriff's deputies that includes a section on what can constitute "reasonable suspicion" that a person is in the country illegally.

Among the 20 items Kobach lists are demeanor, language, dress and presence in areas known for drophouses or human smuggling.

Kobach stresses in the video that it takes more than one factor to add up to "reasonable suspicion."

I'm wondering if some of the other factors are wearing bandannas, driving El Caminos, wearing shirts with only the top button fastened, rolling really great burritos, and brown skin.

Because they are looking for Mexicans.  What's the problem?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1280 on: May 03, 2010, 11:45:03 AM »
To me the oddest thing about Arizona's new law is that it gives residents of the state the right to sue law enforcement officers personally if they don't exercise their discretion by questioning persons whom they reasonably suspect are undocumented.  I hope that there is a provision for attorney's fees in the event that such a lawsuit fails to prove that the officer had a reasonable suspicion that he failed to act upon.  I guess that they could make it stick if the officer saw a guy coming across the border carrying a placard saying "I AM UNDOCUMENTED".
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1281 on: May 03, 2010, 12:06:39 PM »

Is this some sort of euphemism I'm unaware of?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1282 on: May 03, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1283 on: May 03, 2010, 01:00:30 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 03, 2010, 12:06:39 PM

Is this some sort of euphemism I'm unaware of?

Sometimes, a burrito is just a burrito.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1284 on: May 04, 2010, 11:50:07 AM »
I am without speech.

QuoteCongressional Republicans want to know whether the Pakistani-born American arrested in the Times Square car bombing plot was read his Miranda rights, with Sen. John McCain saying it would be a "serious mistake" if the suspect was reminded of his right to remain silent.

"Obviously that would be a serious mistake until all the information is gathered," McCain (R-Ariz.) said on "Imus in the Morning" when asked whether the suspect, Faisal Shahzad, should have been Mirandized.

Rep. Peter King (N.Y.), the top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, wants to know whether the Justice Department consulted with the intelligence community.

"I hope that [Attorney General Eric] Holder did discuss this with the intelligence community. If they believe they got enough from him, how much more should they get? Did they Mirandize him? I know he's an American citizen but still," King told POLITICO.

Fucking pathetic.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1285 on: May 04, 2010, 12:04:37 PM »
Why wasn't this cockbag shot in the back of the skull after he was detained?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1286 on: May 04, 2010, 12:05:38 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 04, 2010, 12:04:37 PM

McCain? I dunno. Ask the Viet Cong.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1287 on: May 04, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 04, 2010, 11:50:07 AM
I am without speech.

QuoteCongressional Republicans want to know whether the Pakistani-born American arrested in the Times Square car bombing plot was read his Miranda rights, with Sen. John McCain saying it would be a "serious mistake" if the suspect was reminded of his right to remain silent.

"Obviously that would be a serious mistake until all the information is gathered," McCain (R-Ariz.) said on "Imus in the Morning" when asked whether the suspect, Faisal Shahzad, should have been Mirandized.

Rep. Peter King (N.Y.), the top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, wants to know whether the Justice Department consulted with the intelligence community.

"I hope that [Attorney General Eric] Holder did discuss this with the intelligence community. If they believe they got enough from him, how much more should they get? Did they Mirandize him? I know he's an American citizen but still," King told POLITICO.

Fucking pathetic.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/04/faisal-shahzad-arrest-bec_n_562467.html

QuoteHe is a citizen of the United States, so I say we uphold the laws and the Constitution on citizens," the bombastic Fox News host said to the stunned co-hosts of "Fox and Friends". "If you are a citizen, you obey the law and follow the Constitution. [Shahzad] has all the rights under the Constitution."

Quote"We don't shred the Constitution when it is popular," Beck added. "We do the right thing."

When Glenn Beck is the voice of reason for the GOP, that doesn't reflect well on the party.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1288 on: May 04, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »

I guess it would help our prison overpopulation problem to just shoot every citizen suspected of a crime in the back of the head.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1289 on: May 04, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 04, 2010, 12:34:33 PM

I guess it would help our prison overpopulation problem to just shoot every citizen suspected of a crime in the back of the head.

The simplest way to preserve our freedom is to give the state more power over life and death.