News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,258 )

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #1515 on: May 25, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 25, 2010, 10:55:13 AM

File this under "What the fuck was she thinking?".

Only *wearing the robes*?  That's a weaksauce reenactment.  They should have burned a cross, or even better, participated in a school-sponsored lynching.  
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1516 on: May 25, 2010, 11:14:31 AM »
Jesse Jr. for Kirk?

Alexi is dead meat.  The only question is if he figures in out in June or November.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1517 on: May 25, 2010, 11:15:25 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 25, 2010, 07:43:22 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 24, 2010, 05:06:40 PM
Quote from: PenPho on May 24, 2010, 04:58:16 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 24, 2010, 04:55:18 PM
Interesting decision on American Needle.  Interesting meaning unanimous in support of American Needle against the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnKEPRNh3mHqN3yzyIjYvUtDubYF?slug=ap-supremecourt-nfl

This will be a big factor for the upcoming NHL and NFL negotiations.

So, a few questions on this...

1. Does this mean that certain teams can sell their marketing/licensing rights to the highest bidders?
2. Could this affect NCAA sports as well?

Depending on the district court retrial, yes.
Yes, they were amici in the suit in favor of the NFL.

George Steinbrenner and Jerry Jones just passed out from the blood rushing to their boners.

Actually, since baseball is exempt from the anti-trust laws, I don't think this would apply to baseball.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1518 on: May 25, 2010, 11:24:15 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 25, 2010, 11:15:25 AM
Actually, since baseball is exempt from the anti-trust laws, I don't think this would apply to baseball.

It doesn't, but if Congress decided to act, it would.

In 1972, in Flood v. Kuhn the Supreme Court acknowledged that baseball's antitrust exemption was "an anomaly," but the Court ruled that it is up to Congress to change baseball's antitrust exemption. Bills were introduced before and after, but none ever became a law

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1519 on: May 25, 2010, 02:21:59 PM »
Well, this is just fucking dandy.

QuoteLast week, an Illinois judge rejected Chicago artist Christopher Drew's motion to dismiss the Class I felony charge against him. Drew is charged with violating the state's eavesdropping statute when he recorded his encounter with a police officer last December on the streets of Chicago. A Class I felony in Illinois is punishable by 4 to 15 years in prison.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1520 on: May 25, 2010, 03:07:08 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 25, 2010, 02:21:59 PM

QuoteLast week, an Illinois judge rejected Chicago artist Christopher Drew's motion to dismiss the Class I felony charge against him. Drew is charged with violating the state's eavesdropping statute when he recorded his encounter with a police officer last December on the streets of Chicago. A Class I felony in Illinois is punishable by 4 to 15 years in prison.

Can someone explain to me how this statute is Constitutional?

It looks like this rule was toughened in the early 1990s. Was this fallout from Bruce Pearl and Deon Thomas?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1521 on: May 25, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 25, 2010, 03:07:08 PM

It looks like this rule was toughened in the early 1990s. Was this fallout from Bruce Pearl and Deon Thomas?

I'd just like to know where the hell in Chicago this could have taken place that it wasn't recorded on one of the City's own cameras to begin with?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1522 on: May 25, 2010, 03:29:52 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 25, 2010, 03:07:08 PM

I don't think it is.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1525 on: May 25, 2010, 08:40:54 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 25, 2010, 08:33:16 PM
Quote from: R-V on May 25, 2010, 08:13:13 PM
I enjoyed this rant.

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/thefield/3964/yell-louder-yeah-will-cap-oil-leak

I really detest Earth Hour.

What do you hate about hollow symbolic gestures that solve nothing and make people feel good?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1526 on: May 25, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 25, 2010, 08:40:54 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on May 25, 2010, 08:33:16 PM
Quote from: R-V on May 25, 2010, 08:13:13 PM
I enjoyed this rant.

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/thefield/3964/yell-louder-yeah-will-cap-oil-leak

I really detest Earth Hour.

What do you hate about hollow symbolic gestures that solve nothing and make people feel good?

Nothing. I should be so lucky as to have a facility for that sort of thing. It's the moralizing condescension that gets my goat.

[Edit.--And I'm going to switch solely to paraffin candles if incandescent bulbs become unobtainable, I swear.]

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1527 on: May 27, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »
http://www.americaspeakingout.com/questions/4150/build-a-ten-story-golden-statue-in-honor-of-departed-heavy-metal-singer-ronnie-james-dio-this-will-create-a-great-deal

QuoteBuild a ten-story golden statue in honor of departed heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio. This will create a great deal of jobs.

ronnie-james-dio  , dio  , job-creation  , gold-standard  , please-the-metal-gods  , holy-diver  , jump-on-the-tiger

QuoteRonnie James Dio is dead? That is unconstitutional!
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1528 on: May 27, 2010, 08:07:56 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 27, 2010, 12:10:48 AM
http://www.americaspeakingout.com/questions/4150/build-a-ten-story-golden-statue-in-honor-of-departed-heavy-metal-singer-ronnie-james-dio-this-will-create-a-great-deal

QuoteBuild a ten-story golden statue in honor of departed heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio. This will create a great deal of jobs.

ronnie-james-dio  , dio  , job-creation  , gold-standard  , please-the-metal-gods  , holy-diver  , jump-on-the-tiger

QuoteRonnie James Dio is dead? That is unconstitutional!

I agree with all of these statements.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?