News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,211 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #5535 on: November 07, 2012, 09:14:56 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 07, 2012, 07:57:17 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 07, 2012, 12:49:20 AM
Some of the best news of the night...

QuoteRep. Allen West (R-Fla.) isn't coming back to Congress.

But Michelle Bachmann is.

And Steve King.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5536 on: November 07, 2012, 09:15:43 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 07, 2012, 09:08:53 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 07, 2012, 12:30:24 AM
I feel good about the fact that a Democrat will be making the judicial appointments to the Federal bench for the next four years.   But the election isn't over.  The out of state republicans put something called "paycheck protection" on the ballot here in California.  What it really is is a ban on unions using payroll deduction to fund political activities.  If it wins, which I doubt, we will be in court before the week is out to challenge it.

Proposition 32 lost, in spite of millions coming in from out of state to support it.

and Prop 30 won, which I am shocked by.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5537 on: November 07, 2012, 09:20:38 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 07, 2012, 09:15:43 AM
I feel good about the fact that a Democrat will be making the judicial appointments to the Federal bench for the next four years.   But the election isn't over.  The out of state republicans put something called "paycheck protection" on the ballot here in California.  What it really is is a ban on unions using payroll deduction to fund political activities.  If it wins, which I doubt, we will be in court before the week is out to challenge it.

Proposition 32 lost, in spite of millions coming in from out of state to support it.

I was disappointed by Prop 37 failing. Monsanto is awful, awful.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5538 on: November 07, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 07, 2012, 09:14:56 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 07, 2012, 07:57:17 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 07, 2012, 12:49:20 AM
Some of the best news of the night...

QuoteRep. Allen West (R-Fla.) isn't coming back to Congress.

But Michelle Bachmann is.

And Steve King.

Joe Walsh is gone, though.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5539 on: November 07, 2012, 09:25:33 AM »
Also...

Quote from: MikeC on January 19, 2010, 09:24:43 PM
Say....what about that Scott Brown fellow? Went from not a chance in hell to winning it.

Fuck its silent in here.......
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5540 on: November 07, 2012, 09:39:07 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 07, 2012, 09:25:33 AM
Also...

Say....what about that Scott Brown fellow? Went from not a chance in hell to winning it.

Yeah, what a terrible Senator he was. He and Bob Dold! WHAT A TEA PARTY EXTREMIST! It's wonderful that a very moderate, unifying person like Jan Schakowsky can remain in Congress.

I was trying to be optimistic about Romney, but I was prepared for that result. What's disappointing -- but probably shouldn't be surprising -- is the carte blanche Illinoisans have given Michael Madigan and John Cullerton and Pat Quinn. Now, I don't see a whole lot of daylight between the ruling party in Springfield and Obama, and I'll be pessimistic about Illinois' economy and fiscal health as well as the next four years nationally. I hope I'm wrong.

But here's what I want to know, all of you in Illinois who are apparently happy with the makeup of the Statehouse: what will they do to address our unfunded liabilities? How much should I expect to pay more in property taxes and income taxes in Illinois? What services in Illinois would you cut? Or is the strategy just to wait for the shit to hit the fan while Obama is still in office and go to Washington, hat in hand ans ask for the bailout NYC never got?

On the positive side, voter turnout was down from 2008, but it wasn't down that much. Participatory democracy is a good thing, because if I'm wrong, goodness prevailed yesterday. I voted for exactly 1 winning candidate. And if I'm right, those who did vote for all the badness that prevailed will be back, after hopefully learning a couple of things.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5541 on: November 07, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 07, 2012, 09:20:38 AM

Damn moochin' war widows
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5542 on: November 07, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 07, 2012, 09:39:07 AM
Also...

Yeah, what a terrible Senator he was. He and Bob Dold! WHAT A TEA PARTY EXTREMIST! It's wonderful that a very moderate, unifying person like Jan Schakowsky can remain in Congress.

I was trying to be optimistic about Romney, but I was prepared for that result. What's disappointing -- but probably shouldn't be surprising -- is the carte blanche Illinoisans have given Michael Madigan and John Cullerton and Pat Quinn. Now, I don't see a whole lot of daylight between the ruling party in Springfield and Obama, and I'll be pessimistic about Illinois' economy and fiscal health as well as the next four years nationally. I hope I'm wrong.

But here's what I want to know, all of you in Illinois who are apparently happy with the makeup of the Statehouse: what will they do to address our unfunded liabilities? How much should I expect to pay more in property taxes and income taxes in Illinois? What services in Illinois would you cut? Or is the strategy just to wait for the shit to hit the fan while Obama is still in office and go to Washington, hat in hand ans ask for the bailout NYC never got?

On the positive side, voter turnout was down from 2008, but it wasn't down that much. Participatory democracy is a good thing, because if I'm wrong, goodness prevailed yesterday. I voted for exactly 1 winning candidate. And if I'm right, those who did vote for all the badness that prevailed will be back, after hopefully learning a couple of things.

I also voted for only one winning candidate.  Well, two if you count the VP.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5543 on: November 07, 2012, 09:56:46 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 07, 2012, 09:55:59 AM
Also...

I also voted for only one winning candidate.  Well, two if you count the VP.

Me too!

*high fives Oleg*

I don't know why I didn't use the marker to cross out Biden's name.

*slaps forehead*
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5544 on: November 07, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »
Also...

To be accurate, NYC did eventually get that bailout from Ford in '75.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5545 on: November 07, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 07, 2012, 09:20:38 AM

THIS, regardless of what Wheezer says.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5546 on: November 07, 2012, 10:17:18 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 07, 2012, 10:14:06 AM
Also...

To be accurate, NYC did eventually get that bailout from Ford in '75.

Operation Bootstrap?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5547 on: November 07, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
Also...

[...]

Dold and Brown are collateral damage of an increasingly stratified system.  Probably worth noting, however, that the Tea Party did a far more effective job of eliminating moderate Republican congressmen and senators in the primaries than the Democrats (Lugar comes to mind this morning).

I'm really struck that after what seems to be 2 years and about $6 billion dollars, through a campaign where every person I knew probably thought 'maybe a banana republic wouldn't be that bad a choice for government' we are pretty much exactly where we were in the White House and Congress.  Meawhile all the hard choices that have been put off (pensions in Illinois, the Cliff in Washington) waiting for the 'mandate of the people to decide' are staring the same people in the face. Fitting I guess.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5548 on: November 07, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »
The Dow is crashing. Welcome to Obama's America.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5549 on: November 07, 2012, 11:43:43 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 07, 2012, 10:38:25 AM
The Dow is crashing. Welcome to Obama's America.

Buy!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)