News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,032 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #825 on: March 21, 2010, 10:54:44 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 21, 2010, 10:47:29 PM
Quote from: Pre on March 21, 2010, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: morpheus on March 21, 2010, 11:26:43 AM
The paragraph right above the one you quoted throws an awful lot of uncertainty on it.  Then, on top of that, you're telling me that three data points constitute a trend?  Awesome, then we're clearly headed toward a global ice age.  This is what happens when a doctor tries his hand at economics.

Discussions are cool, disagreement great, I even think that just hearing opinions and
the thoughts of people with vastly different views is a fantastic thing.  We live in a
society that has so much personalized news (there is are so many options of "news"
sources that cater to specific opinions) that we can all manage to stay involved and
"informed" without actually learning about the different sides of our issues.  However,
in this case morph I feel like you're doing a lot of nuh-uh'ing instead of debating.  The
last few pages seem to consist of you positing your opinion and asking for someone to
provide studies/statistics to the contrary, and then bagging on the studies and statistics
that people are providing w/o providing anything actually contrary.

OK.  That's kind of what debate is... someone posts something purporting to show why some change is a good thing... and then I say, wait a a minute, that doesn't really prove anything at all... and I'm the one that's somehow doing it wrong?  Is that really what you're saying?  Remember... change for change's sake is not necessarily a good thing.  It might be, it might not... but you're suggesting that the burden of proof is on those of us who think the proposed changes are worse than doing nothing.  I say it's on those who are working to re-order a large chunk of the economy.

It's all moot anyway given this weekend's events.  I'll just have to try to stack enough cheddar so I can fully "get mine" before the crushing national debt starts to really kick in.

You could always move to some other country if you don't love this one.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: March 21, 2010, 10:55:16 PM »
It's all moot anyway given this weekend's events.  I'll just have to try to stack enough cheddar so I can fully "get mine" before the crushing national debt starts to really kick in.

I hope you said that in 2001.  I sure did.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: March 21, 2010, 11:05:18 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 21, 2010, 10:55:16 PM

Sure you did.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #828 on: March 21, 2010, 11:15:18 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 21, 2010, 10:54:44 PM

Yeah, he can go live in a country WITHOUT socialized medicine.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #829 on: March 21, 2010, 11:41:21 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 21, 2010, 11:15:18 PM
Quote from: CT III on March 21, 2010, 10:54:44 PM

Yeah, he can go live in a country WITHOUT socialized medicine.

Freedonia?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #830 on: March 22, 2010, 12:16:13 AM »
The ban on preexisting conditions is, in my opinion, one of the greatest elements of this bill.  I won't bore you with the details of my particular health care situation, but it has been one of the biggest fears that I have had with my - going on three - insurance carriers over the past several years, not to mention the lifetime caps.

It would be pretty easy to demagogue any attempts to overturn this provision.

As for the reality of this bill, the US took a bold step away from the single-payer versions of health care and made us all a little more Swiss in the process.  It may not be an ideal answer, but it is an answer nonetheless, something that Republicans (from 1994 to 2006) had every chance to own and make their own.

Elections have consequences.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: March 22, 2010, 07:42:50 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 21, 2010, 11:05:18 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 21, 2010, 10:55:16 PM

Sure you did.

My exact words were, "The deficits are coming, Tra La Tra La!"

I'll see if I have the old e-mail from back then.  If not, I can introduce you to the guy I sent it to.  He was my original intro to The Source.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #832 on: March 22, 2010, 07:50:09 AM »

Fuck it, it's done.

Let's go bowling.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: March 22, 2010, 08:08:41 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 22, 2010, 07:50:09 AM

Fuck it, it's done.

Let's go bowling.

Oh, we're fucked alright.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: March 22, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »

Fuck it, it's done.

Let's go bowling.

THI
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #835 on: March 22, 2010, 08:37:33 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on March 22, 2010, 08:09:00 AM

Fuck it, it's done.

Let's go bowling.

THI

Pinstripes for $8 lunch.  Who's with me?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: March 22, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 22, 2010, 08:37:33 AM
Quote from: morpheus on March 22, 2010, 08:09:00 AM

Fuck it, it's done.

Let's go bowling.

THI

Pinstripes Polekatz for $8 lunch.  Who's with me?

Gil's already there'd

(Some day this joke will be worn out. But not yet. Not yet.)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #837 on: March 22, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »
And keep stackin' that cheddar Morph.  I'd hate for you to have your zepplin repoed.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704125804575096392965443342.html

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #839 on: March 22, 2010, 09:06:12 AM »
Quote from: Pre on March 21, 2010, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: morpheus on March 21, 2010, 11:26:43 AM
The paragraph right above the one you quoted throws an awful lot of uncertainty on it.  Then, on top of that, you're telling me that three data points constitute a trend?  Awesome, then we're clearly headed toward a global ice age.  This is what happens when a doctor tries his hand at economics.

Discussions are cool, disagreement great, I even think that just hearing opinions and
the thoughts of people with vastly different views is a fantastic thing.  We live in a
society that has so much personalized news (there is are so many options of "news"
sources that cater to specific opinions) that we can all manage to stay involved and
"informed" without actually learning about the different sides of our issues.  However,
in this case morph I feel like you're doing a lot of nuh-uh'ing instead of debating.  The
last few pages seem to consist of you positing your opinion and asking for someone to
provide studies/statistics to the contrary, and then bagging on the studies and statistics
that people are providing w/o providing anything actually contrary.

OK.  That's kind of what debate is... someone posts something purporting to show why some change is a good thing... and then I say, wait a a minute, that doesn't really prove anything at all... and I'm the one that's somehow doing it wrong?  Is that really what you're saying?  Remember... change for change's sake is not necessarily a good thing.  It might be, it might not... but you're suggesting that the burden of proof is on those of us who think the proposed changes are worse than doing nothing.  I say it's on those who are working to re-order a large chunk of the economy.

It's all moot anyway given this weekend's events.  I'll just have to try to stack enough cheddar so I can fully "get mine" before the crushing national debt starts to really kick in. pay for Nebraska's Medicaid, pay for everyone else's, and then retire only to see that because you saved, you're taxed at a rate of oh, 75 percent, even if it was the stuff that was supposed to be protected from taxation like Roth IRAs. You belong to the government, sir. But don't worry. Twenty-five-year-old kids can continue living on the couch at their parents' employers' expense.

And Chuck, it's a little warm in this office. I hope someone else resets the thermostat to a HIGHER temp. Awesome.