News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Comcast Blows  ( 13,756 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Comcast Blows
« on: January 26, 2010, 01:22:09 PM »
I hate Comcast.  Constantly having to call to bitch about rate increases to get them to lower it has driven me crazy since I've been in Chicago. Although ATT's website says Uverse isn't supported in my area (wicker park), when I called them they said they could. It's
a ton cheaper than comcast, for more channels, etc.

Just found out with ATTs DVR, you can record 4 shows at a time and can change recordings online.

Anyone in the city using uverse? Thoughts?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Comcast Blows
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:27:42 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 26, 2010, 01:22:09 PM
I hate Comcast.  Constantly having to call to bitch about rate increases to get them to lower it has driven me crazy since I've been in Chicago. Although ATT's website says Uverse isn't supported in my area (wicker park), when I called them they said they could. It's

Just found out with ATTs DVR, you can record 4 shows at a time and can change recordings online.

I have no information on Chicago, but AT&T U-Verse is a very, very good product.
As someone who has to market a competitor to it, I fear the day AT&T expands its reach into more of the areas I work with.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »

It sounds amazing but the thought of ripping out all my cable (some of which runs through the wall) and returning all my shit to Comcast, waiting for a new cable guy to show and track dirt all over my house and set up new cable with new channels and all that shit doesn't sound so appealing.

I think I'm also the only person that doesn't hate Comcast. In fact, I kind of like them.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 26, 2010, 01:29:58 PM

It sounds amazing but the thought of ripping out all my cable (some of which runs through the wall) and returning all my shit to Comcast, waiting for a new cable guy to show and track dirt all over my house and set up new cable with new channels and all that shit doesn't sound so appealing.

I think I'm also the only person that doesn't hate Comcast. In fact, I kind of like them.

Fuck me. In the last step of the setup, guy says it's not available in my area. ATT blows.
He said it was the first 3 times I asked him when I first called. Dipshit.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »

I've never had a problem with them.  I actually liked their cable service better than the UVerse I have right now, mostly because the whole interface is kind of slow.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 01:38:54 PM »

All it took was RCN to have me miss Comcast.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »
RCN is fairly reliable (although their customer service is outsourced to lord knows where these days), and has a good channel selection (including Versus although you have to pay 5$/month extra as its in the "extended sports" tier), and uses the same motorola boxes as Comcast.  And you can always "cancel" with Comcast to get them instead.

<course Jon may differ>
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on January 26, 2010, 01:41:52 PM
RCN is fairly reliable (although their customer service is outsourced to lord knows where these days), and has a good channel selection (including Versus although you have to pay 5$/month extra as its in the "extended sports" tier), and uses the same motorola boxes as Comcast.  And you can always "cancel" with Comcast to get them instead.

<course Jon may differ>

I also work in a condo high rise that has an exclusive RCN contract. They are abysmally bad at helping our residents.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
Things I like about comcast:
- the online chat is nice, no longer have to talk to their stupid service reps
- on demand is great
- lots of HD channels

Things I hate:
- their monopoly and being able to charge whatever they want and raising their rates whenever they want, sometimes up to 75%.

The city's 10% "entertainment tax" on every bill also pisses me off, but that's not a comcast issue.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 01:46:33 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 26, 2010, 01:43:37 PM
- on demand is great
- lots of HD channels

Things I hate:
- their monopoly and being able to charge whatever they want and raising their rates whenever they want, sometimes up to 75%.

The city's 10% "entertainment tax" on every bill also pisses me off, but that's not a comcast issue.

I don't get this.
You can get DirecTV or Dish or RCN (it sounds like).
You're not embedded to them like you are with Power or Water or Gas.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 26, 2010, 01:46:33 PM
- on demand is great
- lots of HD channels

Things I hate:

I don't get this.

I can't have a dish at my condo.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 26, 2010, 01:53:11 PM
- on demand is great
- lots of HD channels

Things I hate:

I don't get this.

Same here. It is expensive, but I can certainly cancel some of the stuff to lower the price. At least I have all the phone, internet and cable in one bill. One exorbitant bill, but one bill.

Goddamn cable.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 26, 2010, 02:03:18 PM
Quote from: BH on January 26, 2010, 01:53:11 PM
- on demand is great
- lots of HD channels

Things I hate:

I don't get this.

Same here. It is expensive, but I can certainly cancel some of the stuff to lower the price. At least I have all the phone, internet and cable in one bill. One exorbitant bill, but one bill.

Goddamn cable.

You think you have it rough: I only own one TV. And it's just a cathode ray. It's like I'm living in the Dark Ages.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 02:54:12 PM »
Comcast in South Bend was absolutely terrible when it came to service.  Out here, it's not so bad.  But it is definitely way too damn expensive.  Come to think of it, I'm due to call and yell at them to lower my rate.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 03:05:18 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 26, 2010, 02:54:12 PM
Comcast in South Bend was absolutely terrible when it came to service.  Out here, it's not so bad.  But it is definitely way too damn expensive.  Come to think of it, I'm due to call and yell at them to lower my rate.

You can yell at them via their chat service now too.