News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Things Cubbie Julie can spend $3500 on without making her bank suspicious  ( 31,920 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The lovely and talented (muahahaha) Cubby Julie has an eloquent post today about how she lost her purse and somebody ran up $3500 on her debit card.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/league-of-her-own/2010/01/dear-chase-fuck-you.html

She's apoplectic that her bank's fraud alert system would let someone blow past her limit (and her account balance) without putting a stop to it.

So obviously it must be that whatever they bought didn't seem out of character for her.  What could that be?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so false, it's awesome.

"Dear Chase,

Hey, remember back in the Winter/Spring of 2008/2009 when your business was in serious trouble? If I remember correctly, you were pretty much screwed. Back then, American taxpayers, against their better judgment, I would add, ponied up $25 billion to help out your bank alone. At the time, you promised to do everything you could to pay back the money and be the kind of banking institution America would be proud of."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
There was a $3500 charge at one Target alone. Yeesh.

Anyway, Chuck's fired for not urging her to go with American Chartered.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I was going to go with "things that are fried"

Things that are fried.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Who did this woman learn about finances from?  Me?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Weebs on January 26, 2010, 05:09:10 PM
Who did this woman learn about finances from?  Me?

I would cite the link for instant rim shot, but that would be more than this joke deserves.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
"I understand you are upset Miss Cubbie Julie, but we assumed it was just your monthly order for oats and hay.  Well, half of your normal monthly order."

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on January 26, 2010, 04:40:08 PM
The lovely and talented (muahahaha) Cubby Julie has an eloquent post today about how she lost her purse and somebody ran up $3500 on her debit card.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/league-of-her-own/2010/01/dear-chase-fuck-you.html

She's apoplectic that her bank's fraud alert system would let someone blow past her limit (and her account balance) without putting a stop to it.

So obviously it must be that whatever they bought didn't seem out of character for her.  What could that be?

She's fat.  That's enough hilarity for me.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Back in Dec. somebody copied my debit card and lifted about two grand off it in two days.  I caught it before the bank, notified them, and had to wait about a week and a half for them to investigate the expenditure before they refunded me the cash.  

Two grand.  Gone for more than a week.  And when they returned it to my checking account, I was reallyfuckinggrateful.  Guess I should have gotten PISSED and blogged about how much the bank -- and their apparently ridiculous policies designed to protect me -- sucks.  
M'lady.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on January 26, 2010, 05:20:21 PM
Back in Dec. somebody copied my debit card and lifted about two grand off it in two days.  I caught it before the bank, notified them, and had to wait about a week and a half for them to investigate the expenditure before they refunded me the cash.  

Two grand.  Gone for more than a week.  And when they returned it to my checking account, I was reallyfuckinggrateful.  Guess I should have gotten PISSED and blogged about how much the bank -- and their apparently ridiculous policies designed to protect me -- sucks.  

I was about to make a joke about Canadian health care, but then I realized you'd probably go batshit crazy and decided not to.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Things Cubbie Julie can spend $3500 on without making her bank suspicious
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 05:26:31 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 26, 2010, 05:22:59 PM

I was about to make a joke about Canadian health care, but then I realized you'd probably go batshit crazy and decided not to.

Guess what, Gil.  I think you just did.  I think you just did.

But, whether you did or didn't, chances are that Kurt Evans will take it as a slight anyway.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 05:27:31 PM »

Naw, I just would've told you the story about how I had to take my wife to the emergency room last week and we were treated in a couple of hours, while her aunt is in Florida (with travel insurance) and had to go to the emergency room and was there for at least half a day.  

Then again, since when is Florida a good representation of the rest of the US?
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 05:28:58 PM »
Quote from: Andy on January 26, 2010, 04:40:08 PM

950 Mark DeRosa Fatheads?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 05:29:50 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 26, 2010, 05:27:31 PM

Naw, I just would've told you the story about how I had to take my wife to the emergency room last week and we were treated in a couple of hours, while her aunt is in Florida (with travel insurance) and had to go to the emergency room and was there for at least half a day.  

Like actually your "wife" or like "I'm sick of calling her my girlfriend"?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 26, 2010, 05:29:50 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 26, 2010, 05:27:31 PM

Like actually your "wife" or like "I'm sick of calling her my girlfriend"?

Married last June.
M'lady.