News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spring Has Sprung 2010  ( 85,786 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Spring Has Sprung 2010
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 03, 2010, 03:53:25 PM
See the problem here is that now, by admitting that they have no idea how to properly use statistics, it gives Yeti ammunition to do retarded things like continue to support Milton Bradley and say things like "If you take out 20% of the season, Milton matched his career OBP!"

Fuck stupid Hendry and fuck Yeti for now thinking that he was right all along.

Did you get a little worked up and press the enter button a time too many?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »
Quote from: Jon on March 03, 2010, 03:58:19 PM
See the problem here is that now, by admitting that they have no idea how to properly use statistics, it gives Yeti ammunition to do retarded things like continue to support Milton Bradley and say things like "If you take out 20% of the season, Milton matched his career OBP!"

Yeah, but fuck Milton Bradley more for validating what was once a completely irrational rational and justifiable hate based upon years of Milton being a douchebag your part.

Reality'd!
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2010, 04:04:21 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 03, 2010, 04:02:30 PM

Yeah, but fuck Milton Bradley more for validating what was once a completely irrational rational and justifiable hate based upon years of being a douchebag your part.

Reality'd!

Pen loves his players to be nice sweet gentlemen. That's why he hates Cutler. If only he followed a team that had a QB who shoved his dick in a gyne without saying "please" first, you know, so we could give him shit for it.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »

Yeah, but fuck Milton Bradley more for validating what was once a completely irrational rational and justifiable hate based upon years of Milton being a douchebag your part.

Reality'd!

Look, we all hate Milton Bradley. That's a given. But there was at least some possibility last Spring that he would at least play well while being a total choad.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2010, 04:19:04 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 03, 2010, 04:04:21 PM

Yeah, but fuck Milton Bradley more for validating what was once a completely irrational rational and justifiable hate based upon years of being a douchebag your part.

Reality'd!

Pen loves his players to be nice sweet gentlemen. That's why he hates Cutler. If only he followed a team that had a QB who shoved his dick in a gyne without saying "please" first, you know, so we could give him shit for it.

This is libelous, defamatory and misspelled.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 03, 2010, 04:19:04 PM

Reality'd!

Sure about that?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2010, 09:43:03 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 03, 2010, 04:25:46 PM

Reality'd!

Sure about that?

Sextus Empiricus strikes again.

Quote"You make your final call factoring all that in, but you certainly weigh heavily on the guy sitting in the stands who's working for you," Hendry said.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2010, 12:02:06 AM »

Reality'd!

Sure about that?

I assume you didn't actually read that.

Gyne is the primary reproductive female caste of social insects (especially ants, wasps, and bees)

I believe you were looking for "gine"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2010, 12:44:42 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 04, 2010, 12:02:06 AM

Reality'd!

Sure about that?

Gyne is the primary reproductive female caste of social insects (especially ants, wasps, and bees)

You think I wasn't accusing Ben wReckingWomensLives of sticking his cock into a group of women bees? You're sadly mistaken, son.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2010, 07:11:28 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 04, 2010, 12:44:42 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 04, 2010, 12:02:06 AM

Reality'd!

Sure about that?

You think I wasn't accusing Ben wReckingWomensLives of sticking his cock into a group of women bees? You're sadly mistaken, son.

This is a riveting display.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2010, 08:27:34 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 03, 2010, 03:54:48 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 03, 2010, 03:41:21 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on March 03, 2010, 03:24:45 PM
Que YetiRage.

I like that Sullivan didn't even call OPS the same thing that 99.9% of the baseball world calls it. It's not like it's a standard stat on most websites.

I like that you completely make up percentages to justify your PAUL SULLIVAN hate.

I'm with SABRYeti on this one. OPS isn't some obscure stat that Fangraphs pulled out of their ass. ESPN uses it on their national broadcasts. Tdubbs probably even knows what it is. I'm sure Sullivan is a great guy to have a Hamm's with, but the fact that he doesn't show much curiosity in an area that's kind of important in the sport he covers is disappointing. It's like a financial writer calling a P/E ratio a PEE ratio. If you're that jaded about your beat, maybe you should rotate to a different beat.

On that note, didn't the Trib used to rotate their beat writers among sports/teams? I feel like Sullivan's been stuck with the Cubs for at least 5 years or so. Poor bastard.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2010, 08:38:45 AM »
This will be his eighth straight year on the Cubs beat. Before that he covered the Sox from 2000-02. He was on the Cubs beat in 1999 and pissed off Ed Lynch by ripping the Cubs roster to shreds during a rain delay on WGN TV. I don't recall how long he was on the beat prior to that but I'm fairly certain that his move to the Sox beat in 2000 was largely due to bad blood between he and somebody important after that rant. It wasn't even a huge Harry Caray style rant. He just basically said the Cubs need to "nuke this team." I don't think he even called out Riggleman.

EDIT: Actually that rant might have been more of a beut than I recall. I'm sure I was quite baked given the time and date.

QuoteQ: Please share your favorite story about a colleague – one of the other members of the local Cubs beat writers.

A: My pal Paul Sullivan, a fair competitor and a good guy, went on Channel 9 during a rain delay in 1999 and said Ed Lynch should be fired and Andy MacPhail should come down and be the GM. Sully was ahead of his time; that happened a year later. Sully caught some immediate flak for that one, but it was great TV.

http://blog.cubhub.net/2009/04/26/cubs-beat-with-bruce-miles/
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2010, 08:56:18 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 04, 2010, 08:27:34 AM
On that note, didn't the Trib used to rotate their beat writers among sports/teams? I feel like Sullivan's been stuck with the Cubs for at least 5 years or so. Poor bastard.

Aye.

I distinctly recall Joey Reaves (who, one year, had as his tagline "Joseph A. Reaves".  Whatever, weirdo) and Alan Solomon (Mrs. Muskat, if I'm not mistaken, and a guy whom Reaves savages as an ignorant asshole in his book "Warsaw to Wrigley" published in the mid-to-late 90's) going back and forth with the Cubs and Sox from year to year from around 90-94.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2010, 09:25:44 AM »
RV, yesterday you gave me crap asking if my ACB buddies are still pissed about the Cubs not signing Cubans. Now you may have had knowledge of that Serrano deal at the time (I didn't find out until late last night), but I kind of hope you caught this: http://www.anothercubsblog.net/2010-articles/march/some-info-on-serrano.html

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2010, 09:41:04 AM »
Damn it Yeti. Now you're link-spamming us for ACB? You are history's greatest monster.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche