News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spring Has Sprung 2010  ( 85,688 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Spring Has Sprung 2010
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2010, 09:10:41 AM »
Quote from: MAD on March 08, 2010, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: Pre on March 08, 2010, 09:20:05 PM
I love baseball season.

It went from Brick to Harry and then straight to Len, completely bypassing that dark period between 1998 and 2005.  Ha.

Up yours, Chip, you animatronic douche.

Nice use of your HUESPERGER'S.

But that is awesome.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: March 09, 2010, 10:47:32 AM »
That made me go look for the youtube clip of Len & Pat's calls of Ramirez's walk-off against Milwaukee in 07 but I can't find it.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 09, 2010, 10:47:32 AM
That made me go look for the youtube clip of Len & Pat's calls of Ramirez's walk-off against Milwaukee in 07 but I can't find it.

WHOA, BABY!
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: March 09, 2010, 02:54:05 PM »
It's easy to be optimistic about baseball season with a promo like that.  Because it doesn't actually show any Cubs in it.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: March 09, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »
The similar one for the Sox is hilarious.  When they get to the Hawk years, if you didn't know already, you would have absolutely no clue what sport is being played.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: March 10, 2010, 09:32:09 AM »
I don't know why I care about this shit but with the collection of no-talent assclowns they've brought in to audition for bench spots I'm curious as to why the Cubs didn't take a flyer on Hank Blalock. He just signed a minor league deal with the Rays.

He worked with Jaramillo in Texas and he's sure as shit better than Kevin Fucking Millar.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: March 10, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 10, 2010, 09:32:09 AM
I don't know why I care about this shit but with the collection of no-talent assclowns they've brought in to audition for bench spots I'm curious as to why the Cubs didn't take a flyer on Hank Blalock. He just signed a minor league deal with the Rays.

He worked with Jaramillo in Texas and he's sure as shit better than Kevin Fucking Millar.

I think the difference is that Blalock is not a total piece of shit (which is your very accurate point),
so he wants to sign on for a team that he thinks he has a shot of getting some reasonable ABs
and hopefully put up some numbers and get a real deal for next year.  The Cubs are set at 1B,
no DH, and Blalock is probably a liability at 3B at this point even if he did want to wait around for
Aramis' mid-season vacation.  So he's signing onto an AL team and hoping he can hit enough to
get some playing time.

Millar, being at best a AAA player at this point, realized that he had no chance in earning a spot
anywhere and went with the best fit for him: an organization dumb enough to waste roster
spots on David Patton, Ryan Freel, Joey Gathwright, So Taguchi, and Chad Fox and maybe, just
maybe (aka - most likely), dumb enough to waste one on him.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2010, 10:01:48 AM »
Quote from: Pre on March 10, 2010, 09:49:40 AM

I think the difference is that Blalock is not a total piece of shit (which is your very accurate point),
so he wants to sign on for a team that he thinks he has a shot of getting some reasonable ABs
and hopefully put up some numbers and get a real deal for next year.  The Cubs are set at 1B,
no DH, and Blalock is probably a liability at 3B at this point even if he did want to wait around for
Aramis' mid-season vacation.  So he's signing onto an AL team and hoping he can hit enough to
get some playing time.

Millar, being at best a AAA player at this point, realized that he had no chance in earning a spot
anywhere and went with the best fit for him: an organization dumb enough to waste roster
spots on David Patton, Ryan Freel, Joey Gathwright, So Taguchi, and Chad Fox and maybe, just

Plus, coming off the Milton Debacle, Millar probably saw a team (or a GM, more specifically) intent on "Chemistry" and thought he could just personality his way onto the team.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »

get some playing time.

Yeah, that all makes sense. He's definitely got more left in the tank that Millar. Plus the dude can rake if he gets his shit together. I just figured he'd have a better chance of doing that working with Rudy.

Plus I don't think he'd be any more of a liability at 3rd than Millar would be at 1st though and Blalock right now is a better pinch-hitting option than any of the guys they've got in camp.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2010, 10:10:26 AM »
Blalock's deal with the Rays has an out if he doesn't make the Opening Day roster.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: March 10, 2010, 10:15:16 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on March 10, 2010, 10:08:31 AM

get some playing time.

Yeah, that all makes sense. He's definitely got more left in the tank that Millar. Plus the dude can rake if he gets his shit together. I just figured he'd have a better chance of doing that working with Rudy.

Plus I don't think he'd be any more of a liability at 3rd than Millar would be at 1st though and Blalock right now is a better pinch-hitting option than any of the guys they've got in camp.

I think Chad Tracy, rather than Millar is really more of the Blalock-block.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: March 10, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 10, 2010, 10:15:16 AM

get some playing time.

Chad sucks

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: March 10, 2010, 10:20:15 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 10, 2010, 10:17:55 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on March 10, 2010, 10:15:16 AM

get some playing time.

Chad sucks

I don't think anyone is arguing that he doesn't.

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: March 10, 2010, 01:38:45 PM »
Blalock is a broken player at this point. 

With Kevin Millar, its slump busters for everybody!
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: March 10, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »
Quote from: MAD on March 08, 2010, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: Pre on March 08, 2010, 09:20:05 PM
I love baseball season.

It went from Brick to Harry and then straight to Len, completely bypassing that dark period between 1998 and 2005.  Ha.

Up yours, Chip, you animatronic douche.

Don't be such a Dancy Dan, you Irish prick.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.