News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tony LaRussa Appreciation Thread  ( 16,341 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Tony LaRussa Appreciation Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2011, 06:00:20 PM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2014, 02:08:07 AM »
So TLR is running the Diamondbacks now.  Kevin Towers should start taking a box of his stuff home from the office each week to save time later.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on May 18, 2014, 02:08:07 AM
So TLR is running the Diamondbacks now.  Kevin Towers should start taking a box of his stuff home from the office each week to save time later.

Tony LaRussa is going Moneyball, literally:

QuoteDiamondbacks chief baseball officer Tony La Russa says he has hired Ed Lewis to take charge of the team’s analytical department, Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal reports on Twitter. Lewis is an old friend of La Russa’s who does stock market analytical work, the head D’backs baseball man tells Costa.

Still rooting for the supposed Genius to fail spectacularly.  Hiring his buddies sounds like a good start.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »
I assumed this got bumped for the news Oscar Tavares was drunk when he crashed his car last month.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on November 13, 2014, 07:06:20 PM
I assumed this got bumped for the news Oscar Tavares was drunk when he crashed his car last month.

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=8769.0
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
How's Tony's first big acquisition as Head Genius in Charge going?

QuoteYasmany Tomas, 3B/OF, Arizona Diamondbacks
On the positive side, Tomas is capable of putting a charge in the baseball. I have big doubts as to whether he will be able to do that consistently. I saw Tomas play over three days and got a tremendous amount of at-bats since they had him batting third every inning of the minor-league games. Even with that many looks I only saw him hit one ball with any authority and I did not see him even come close to pulling a ball. He was late on everything—including some out and up, meatball, mid-80s "heaters" from low-minors pitchers. Tomas swung aggressively and early in the count, too. His idea of the strike zone and ability to identify secondary pitches is going to be a big issue. His physique was concerning, especially for a player purportedly capable of playing third base. Tomas doesn't move well at the hot corner and his arm was inaccurate coming from a slow release. I really don't think Tomas can handle third, and I think he might be more first baseman than left fielder with his noticeable lack of footspeed. Evaluators I talked to were overwhelmingly negative about Tomas and his profile. The player I saw does not have a role to play on a big-league club this year and I'm not sure where he fits in the future. I do have to wonder if he's having trouble adjusting to baseball and life in this country and that's negatively affecting him.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2015, 11:45:18 PM »
Two games under .500 and seven games out of the West division?  BEST GET A CLOSER POSTHASTE!

There aren't many teams I'm rooting for harder to be a complete disaster than Arizona.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2016, 12:42:16 PM »
Not that there was any doubt, but he's still an asshole.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2016, 11:46:07 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 27, 2016, 12:42:16 PM
What an absolute turd.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2016, 11:54:15 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 27, 2016, 11:46:07 PM
What an absolute turd.

If you're not careful Tony will barge right into our fringe messageboard to tell us how we're wrong.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2016, 11:55:57 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 27, 2016, 11:46:07 PM
What an absolute turd.

That's the kind of behavior I would exhibit after I had been drinki...
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »
Did anyone enjoy watching Tiger Woods' DUI videos only because the breathalyzer and interview room looks awfully familiar?

Desptie being completely zonked on Percocet or Vicodin or Oxycontin or god-knows-what, Tiger seemed to have a better idea of how to conduct himself in a DUI interview than the lawyer-manager himself.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2017, 12:36:37 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 02, 2017, 12:03:08 PM
Did anyone enjoy watching Tiger Woods' DUI videos only because the breathalyzer and interview room looks awfully familiar?

Desptie being completely zonked on Percocet or Vicodin or Oxycontin or god-knows-what, Tiger seemed to have a better idea of how to conduct himself in a DUI interview than the lawyer-manager himself.

I thought of the parallel as soon as I heard Tiger was popped in Jupiter, FL.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs