News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,089 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 21, 2010, 12:43:17 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 21, 2010, 08:48:57 AM
Bonus prospect positive:

At Tennessee, Andrew Cashner has a 2.60 ERA in 17 innings, with a 25-to-4 K/BB ratio.

BONAR.

For fuck's sake, call up Starlin.  Even if it's only for my enjoyment.

If they keep sliding and Castro keeps hitting, it'll probably hai.*

* I don't think I ever got the origin of "hai."  Is that a SBox thing?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on April 21, 2010, 12:46:34 PM
Bonus prospect positive:

At Tennessee, Andrew Cashner has a 2.60 ERA in 17 innings, with a 25-to-4 K/BB ratio.

BONAR.

There was a picture of someone at Wrigley holding up a handwritten sign that didn't fit and trailed off that looked like "IT'S GOTTA HAI, if I recall correctly.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on April 21, 2010, 12:55:01 PM
Bonus prospect positive:

BONAR.

There was a picture of someone at Wrigley holding up a handwritten sign that didn't fit and trailed off that looked like "IT'S GOTTA HAI, if I recall correctly.

"IT'S GONNA HA(down arrow)
                 PPEN:
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bonus prospect positive:

BONAR.

An SBox thing.

An.

But no, it's not.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Bonus prospect positive:

BONAR.

Is it wrong of me to hope for them to continue sucking?  Because I'm tired of watching these gutless fucking assholes.  I'm in the mood for a new crop of slightly less gutless fucking assholes.

By the way, Rotoworld kind of splooged all over Starlin calling him a terrific prospect.  I know, it's going out on a limb, but still--it's good to hear.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Why don't we just encourage Greenies and PED usage and watch these old guys flourish one more time?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37017632/ns/sports-player_news/

Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the Cubs have called up prospect shortstop Starlin Castro.

According to Rojas, Castro is en route to meet the club for this weekend's series against the Reds. If true, it represents a surprising change of pace for the club, as Cubs general manager Jim Hendry said Castro was not in line for an early-season promotion as recently as last week. Castro, 20, is batting .376/.421/.569 with one home run, 20 RBI and 20 runs scored over 109 at-bats with Double-A Tennessee. He was ranked as the organization's No. 1 prospect by Baseball America over the winter. His promotion would push Ryan Theriot to second base.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on April 21, 2010, 01:45:03 PM
[Tank]

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=5926.msg136622#msg136622

[/Tank]

IT'S GONNA HAI origin is gone!!! Fuck.

Quote from: Elihttp://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37017632/ns/sports-player_news/

Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the Cubs have called up prospect shortstop Starlin Castro.

According to Rojas, Castro is en route to meet the club for this weekend's series against the Reds. If true, it represents a surprising change of pace for the club, as Cubs general manager Jim Hendry said Castro was not in line for an early-season promotion as recently as last week. Castro, 20, is batting .376/.421/.569 with one home run, 20 RBI and 20 runs scored over 109 at-bats with Double-A Tennessee. He was ranked as the organization's No. 1 prospect by Baseball America over the winter. His promotion would push Ryan Theriot to second base.

Well, make or break time now for the kid. For the people who have been wanting it (IAN), this may get you interested again, and I sure hope this doesn't fuck him up.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Hooray for another panic move!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on May 07, 2010, 09:21:12 AM
Well, make or break time now for the kid. For the people who have been wanting it (IAN), this may get you interested again, and I sure hope this doesn't fuck him up.

It's a big risk, without much upside.  Like R-V said, it really seems like a panic move.  It's unlikely that a 20-year-old shortstop is going to come up from AA and play well enough to make a significant difference in the season, so what is the big rush?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Jim Hendry on April 30th:

Quote"[Castro] is on a very good path. There's no doubt he'll be here sometime this year, but it won't be in the next couple days."

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Hendry-on-Castro-No-doubt-he-ll-be-here-someti?urn=fantasy,237889

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Cubs have a logjam with 5 outfielders....so let's  rush up the shortstop NOW after Theriot seems to have gotten back on track.  Genius.

Sometimes it feels like this team makes counterintuitive moves out of spite just to fuck with their fan base.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 07, 2010, 09:26:41 AM
Quote from: Yeti on May 07, 2010, 09:21:12 AM

It's a big risk, without much upside.  Like R-V said, it really seems like a panic move.  It's unlikely that a 20-year-old shortstop is going to come up from AA and play well enough to make a significant difference in the season, so what is the big rush?

Marketing.  "We suck, but watch the kid!"