News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 96,996 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on June 02, 2015, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on June 02, 2015, 09:41:19 AM
Quote from: Yeti on June 02, 2015, 09:35:39 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on June 02, 2015, 09:27:09 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 08:44:29 AM
Bump for his massive home run and for a trot so long and deliberate it (actual quote) had the Cardinals (yes they were talking about him during a game that didn't even involve the Cubs because Cardinals fans) booth talking about how their "blood was literally boiling".

Really? Video?

I just set the replay of the game to record. I'm interested to see what they said.

I thought you had MLB.TV. You can just replay it on there. I'll try to figure out what inning it was where they discussed it.

I suspected as much; I just couldn't pass on that opportunity.

It's at 2:26:22, right before the top of the 8th when they come back from commercial break.

Dan McLaughlin: ... Fox Sports Midwest. We go to our Studio and a [unintelligible] sports break.

DM: 30 seconds on a home run trot. Wow.

Rick Horton: Heh.

DM: Well, that's how you get hurt or get someone on your team hurt.

RH: [Chuckles] Exactly. My...my...My blood is boiling just ... just talking about that.

RH: You know, Pat never says anything that bothers me and he just did. I think he's trying to get under my skin.

DM: I think so.

RH: I might throw at you before this game is over I'm so agitated.

DM: It wouldn't hurt.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 02, 2015, 10:16:20 AM
Bump for his massive home run and for a trot so long and deliberate it (actual quote) had the Cardinals (yes they were talking about him during a game that didn't even involve the Cubs because Cardinals fans) booth talking about how their "blood was literally boiling".

Really? Video?

I just set the replay of the game to record. I'm interested to see what they said.

I thought you had MLB.TV. You can just replay it on there. I'll try to figure out what inning it was where they discussed it.

It's at 2:26:22, right before the top of the 8th when they come back from commercial break.

Dan McLaughlin: ... Fox Sports Midwest. We go to our Studio and a [unintelligible] sports break.

RH: [Chuckles] Exactly. My...my...My blood is boiling just ... just talking about that.

RH: You know, Pat never says anything that bothers me and he just did. I think he's trying to get under my skin.

Someone quickly found four or five home run trots for Yadi alone that lasted 27 seconds+. Asshats.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 10:27:03 AM

Really? Video?

Someone quickly found four or five home run trots for Yadi alone that lasted 27 seconds+. Asshats.

Yeah the TOOTBLAN Reporter guy.  He was good last night.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Really? Video?

Just the audio version. MLB.TV is useless for me being in market for the Cubes

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Really? Video?

They had "Waino" in the booth literally 1-2 innings (T5 to the middle of the 6th) asking him about his rehab, charitable causes, and Yadi.

Many slurping noises were heard, but in spite of that I caught:

• I think he's the best catcher in the history of the game.
  • I think he's going to have a statue outside of this stadium one day -- I really do.
  • I'll be able to tell my kids one day, and anyone who will listen, that I pitched to Yadier Molina, the greatest catcher that ever lived.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on June 02, 2015, 10:39:39 AM

Really? Video?

They had "Waino" in the booth literally 1-2 innings (T5 to the middle of the 6th) asking him about his rehab, charitable causes, and Yadi.

Many slurping noises were heard, but in spite of that I caught:

• I think he's the best catcher in the history of the game.
  • I think he's going to have a statue outside of this stadium one day -- I really do.
  • I'll be able to tell my kids one day, and anyone who will listen, that I pitched to Yadier Molina, the greatest catcher that ever lived.

Christ on a bike.

A Cardinal-fan friend of mine hates their broadcasts. He thinks they've gotten insufferable. If they play the Cubs, he tunes into the Cubs broadcast, if available (which usually is in Central IL).

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I know when I'm looking for a moral authority on acceptable behavior I always turn to Dan McLaughlin.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on June 02, 2015, 11:07:32 AM
I know when I'm looking for a moral authority on acceptable behavior I always turn to Dan McLaughlin.

Oh, that poor man.  What happened to him?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Jon on February 18, 2010, 09:16:48 AM
Yeti, I swear to God if he doesn't suck and you ever cheer for him I will treat you like a common Fro Dog for the rest of your life.

Where are we with this?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
And for everyone worried about what the Marlins thought about Castro's slow jog, a reminder that they gave the baseball world this quite recently:

Things'll be fine.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on June 02, 2015, 03:55:40 PM
And for everyone worried about what the Marlins thought about Castro's slow jog, a reminder that they gave the baseball world this quite recently:

Things'll be fine.

They're gonna tear Castro's UCL? 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on June 02, 2015, 11:13:17 AM

Oh, that poor man.  What happened to him?

And that wasn't just one DUI.  Yep, he got to keep his job after he did it again.  In St. Louis, alcohol abuse is a résumé enhancement.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 02, 2015, 05:56:47 PM
Quote from: Tonker on June 02, 2015, 11:13:17 AM

Oh, that poor man.  What happened to him?

And that wasn't just one DUI.  Yep, he got to keep his job after he did it again.  In St. Louis, alcohol abuse is a résumé enhancement.

Well, right up until you plow into the back of a tow truck...
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on June 02, 2015, 01:28:52 PM
Yeti, I swear to God if he doesn't suck and you ever cheer for him I will treat you like a common Fro Dog for the rest of your life.

Where are we with this?

Man, I can't even remember what I said last night.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on June 03, 2015, 05:43:57 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on June 02, 2015, 01:28:52 PM

Where are we with this?

Man, I can't even remember what I said last night.

Welcome to "you know we talked about this last night".
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen