News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,171 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 08, 2015, 07:15:49 PM
Quote from: @MLBBruceLevine
Castro said if he was asked to play other positions he would want to talk to teams front office

STARLIN: So, Theo, you guys want me to play another position now.  Does that mean I suck?
THEO: Yep, sorry, but you suck.  Oh, and we want you to fill in at other positons, not start. Because, you suck.
STARLIN: Ok great, just checking.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 08, 2015, 09:42:47 PM
Castro said if he was asked to play other positions he would want to talk to teams front office

STARLIN: So, Theo, you guys want me to play another position now.  Does that mean I suck?
THEO: Yep, sorry, but you suck.  Oh, and we want you to fill in at other positons, not start. Because, you suck.

Love to be happy when players on my team do bad and have to be benched
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

THEO: Yep, sorry, but you suck.

Not true. Starlin would get distracted on the way to Theo's Office

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread
« Reply #678 on: September 30, 2015, 07:54:33 PM »
*dusts off thread* he's back, mother fuckers
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread
« Reply #679 on: September 30, 2015, 09:51:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 30, 2015, 07:54:33 PM
*dusts off thread* he's back, mother fuckers

What a turnaround. This is remarkable stuff. He's comeback player of the year within this season.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Is he still gone after season?

I say yes but I'm rather intrigued right now.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on October 01, 2015, 12:41:17 AM

I'd say so.  His trade value has spiked and although it's great to have him around now, it's only a matter of time before he goes into another prolonged slump.  Theo and Jed will move him before that happens and Baez will start at 2B on opening day next year.

I'mma miss Starlin's chubby little cheeks, though.  I really fucking like the dude.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on October 01, 2015, 01:15:11 AM

I'd say so.  His trade value has spiked and although it's great to have him around now, it's only a matter of time before he goes into another prolonged slump.  Theo and Jed will move him before that happens and Baez will start at 2B on opening day next year.

I'mma miss Starlin's chubby little cheeks, though.  I really fucking like the dude.

If not, I could get used to Baez at third and Bryant in right, even though it might make the team somewhat more defensively suspect.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on October 01, 2015, 05:34:25 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 01, 2015, 01:15:11 AM

If not, I could get used to Baez at third and Bryant in right, even though it might make the team somewhat more defensively suspect.

I'm not sure it would at all. I think Bryant is a better 3B than advertised but with Javy's arm and range I think he could be a top tier defensive 3B (or 2B), and Bryant has all of the tools one would think of for a good defensive corner OF. Considering they've started Jorge or Coghlan in RF for a good chunk of the year I can't see how they'd be more defensively suspect.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Yeah, but then what do you do with Soler? Hate to give up on that bat.

And I'll add that this is a nice fucking problem to have.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 01, 2015, 09:34:14 AM

Good point. ...stick him in center? And yes, this is a really nice problem to have.

Re: my defensively suspect comment - I'm more referring to keeping Starlin on the field, and the fact that Bryant is probably not the best defensive choice for an outfield position (although he may be serviceable).
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on October 01, 2015, 09:38:50 AM

Good point. ...stick him in center? And yes, this is a really nice problem to have.

Re: my defensively suspect comment - I'm more referring to keeping Starlin on the field, and the fact that Bryant is probably not the best defensive choice for an outfield position (although he may be serviceable).

Have you...have you watched Jorge Soler play right field this year? And you're suggesting putting him in center while saying Bryant is the one that's a poor choice to be a defensive outfielder? I've seen plenty of scouts make Bryant-Alex Gordon comparisons as a guy whose height and struggles at 3B would lead him to move to the OF, where his speed would actually make him very effective. He's started games in CF and both corner OF spots this year and looked more than competent doing so. Certainly better than Jorge has for the most part.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 01, 2015, 09:41:42 AM

Have you...have you watched Jorge Soler play right field this year? And you're suggesting putting him in center while saying Bryant is the one that's a poor choice to be a defensive outfielder? I've seen plenty of scouts make Bryant-Alex Gordon comparisons as a guy whose height and struggles at 3B would lead him to move to the OF, where his speed would actually make him very effective. He's started games in CF and both corner OF spots this year and looked more than competent doing so. Certainly better than Jorge has for the most part.

Kurt is either joking or doesn't watch baseball.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on October 01, 2015, 09:48:51 AM

More I'm basing what I'm saying on what Bryant has said re: his comfort level. But yeah, I honestly have no idea how they should juggle the outfield if Castro stays.

Edited to add: also, I could be wrong, but I thought Bryant projected well as a left fielder, if not a third baseman.
M'lady.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on October 01, 2015, 09:52:13 AM
Quote from: R-V on October 01, 2015, 09:48:51 AM

More I'm basing what I'm saying on what Bryant has said re: his comfort level. But yeah, I honestly have no idea how they should juggle the outfield if Castro stays.

What has he said? My recollection was that he's down for anything.