News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Shutter Island- SPOILERS  ( 5,545 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Shutter Island
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 06:08:42 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 26, 2010, 12:27:23 PM
Quote from: SKO on February 25, 2010, 04:23:28 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 25, 2010, 08:57:41 AM
I thought it was really well made. I felt like I was going crazy toward the end and wondered if I could know if I was crazy. HOW WOULD I KNOW?!? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!? I'm still not convinced that those goddamned McCarthy fascists didn't set Daniels up.

Well, since Chuck D inserted the spoiler, I'll just say that the look on Michelle William's face when she said the thing about her school being in session on Saturdays after she drowned the kids MAY have caused me to piss myself in terror. May have.

I dislike her but she was excellent in this movie. Damn the more I think about it, the better it gets.

You guys are weird.  This movie was NOT that good.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 26, 2010, 06:08:42 PM
I thought it was really well made. I felt like I was going crazy toward the end and wondered if I could know if I was crazy. HOW WOULD I KNOW?!? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!? I'm still not convinced that those goddamned McCarthy fascists didn't set Daniels up.

Well, since Chuck D inserted the spoiler, I'll just say that the look on Michelle William's face when she said the thing about her school being in session on Saturdays after she drowned the kids MAY have caused me to piss myself in terror. May have.

I dislike her but she was excellent in this movie. Damn the more I think about it, the better it gets.

JD and the Kapman agree on something:

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 02:23:37 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on February 27, 2010, 07:31:17 PM

JD and the Kapman agree on something:

I'm just providing the balance.  It doesn't "suck" really, but it's also definitely not worth the knob-blobbin' it's getting, either.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Shutter Island- SPOILERS
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 11:47:26 AM »
Finally saw this movie.  It was really, really good.  I kept waiting for Leo to not be crazy, but sho nuff, he was crazy.  Heath Ledger's alive ex-wife was creepy as dick.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »

I'm with JD on this one. But I think it's because I read the book first. Already knowing the TWIST going into the movie took the zazz out of it.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 11:42:02 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 06, 2010, 09:48:18 AM

I'm with JD on this one. But I think it's because I read the book first. Already knowing the TWIST going into the movie took the zazz out of it.

I wish you were with me on every one.  On EVERY one.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 03:07:32 AM »

I didn't read the book, but I feel like if you didn't see the TWIST coming after seeing the preview, you're dumber than a common TDubbs.  Creepy Michelle Williams or no, it was so overrated.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 05:19:27 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on July 12, 2010, 03:07:32 AM

I didn't read the book, but I feel like if you didn't see the TWIST coming after seeing the preview, you're dumber than a common TDubbs.  Creepy Michelle Williams or no, it was so overrated.

We get it, you finally remembered your Insipio password.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 12:20:51 PM »

Harumph.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 07:37:51 AM »

Overrated or overhyped?  Or both?  Either way, I still thought it was a good movie.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 12:02:30 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 13, 2010, 07:37:51 AM

Overrated or overhyped?  Or both?  Either way, I still thought it was a good movie.

I don't really care about hype, so overrated.