News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MAG  ( 2,318 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
MAG
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:58:46 PM »
IAN mentioned this game for the PS3 in the Sbox... Weebs, yay or nay?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MAG
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:12:45 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 22, 2010, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: Yeti on February 22, 2010, 03:58:46 PM
Weebs, yay or nay?

Really?

It doesn't matter, cause I don't got it.  I have, however, heard really good things about it.  I think the concept sounds really awesome and have been waiting for a good MMOFPS (which this only kind of is), but I didn't want to spend $60 on another shooter I probably wouldn't play much.  From what I've read, there are quite a few bugs with the game, but overall it's really cool.  Also, apparently if you don't have a headset and don't communicate with your squad, you'll be completely unsuccessful, which seems cool, despite the fact that it wouldn't allow me to sit back and pick people off with a sniper rifle all day.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 04:25:15 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 22, 2010, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: Yeti on February 22, 2010, 03:58:46 PM
Weebs, yay or nay?

Really?

Yes. While Weebs' gaming integrity and schemes may be questionable at times, I don't think there's a question that the homo knows a good game when asked. He may enjoy those storylines too much (SEE: ME2) but I'll respect his game opines.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 10:13:14 AM »
I got this last night and I played a couple matches that were 32 v. 32. It looks like it could be fun but I was struggling to get anything going kill-wise. The graphics are possibly a little lower end for the PS3 but I think that was done to properly handle the big battles. After a little bit, I should be able to get to the 128 v. 128 matches which should be awesome.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 24, 2010, 10:13:14 AM
I got this last night and I played a couple matches that were 32 v. 32. It looks like it could be fun but I was struggling to get anything going kill-wise. The graphics are possibly a little lower end for the PS3 but I think that was done to properly handle the big battles. After a little bit, I should be able to get to the 128 v. 128 matches which should be awesome.

For all intents and purposes, everyone says it's damn near impossible to go it alone in this game like you might be able to in MW2.  I can understand the graphics taking a hit.  I heard it compared to graphics in Battlefied's MP games on 360, which aren't bad at all.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »
I played the Beta and I really thought it was terrible.  I won't be coming back.

MW2 is still the gold standard.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.