News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Inglorious Basterds  ( 17,379 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Inglorious Basterds
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2010, 12:23:39 PM »
I rewatched this a couple of weeks ago, and loved it the second time.  I think falling asleep/not being in the mood to see it took a lot away the first time.  Waltz, Pitt, LaPadite, and the likeable-evil sniping Nazi were stupidly good.  I absolutely loved watching LaPadite crumble under Landa's undeniable charm, and I loved how they explained why they were switching to English.

All the scenes that have already been mentioned were intense and terrific.  But how great was the scene when he's asking Diane Kruger's boobs how they broke her leg?  And when he whips out the perfect Italian to Pitt and company?  Brilliant.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2010, 02:18:23 PM »
Comparing this film to Pulp Fiction or Resevoir Dogs and saying it's not QT's best is like saying The American Office is not as good as the Brit one.

This film was every type of excellent.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 21, 2010, 12:23:39 PM
I rewatched this a couple of weeks ago, and loved it the second time.  I think falling asleep/not being in the mood to see it took a lot away the first time.  Waltz, Pitt, LaPadite, and the likeable-evil sniping Nazi were stupidly good.  I absolutely loved watching LaPadite crumble under Landa's undeniable charm, and I loved how they explained why they were switching to English.

All the scenes that have already been mentioned were intense and terrific.  But how great was the scene when he's asking Diane Kruger's boobs how they broke her leg?  And when he whips out the perfect Italian to Pitt and company?  Brilliant.

What about that time when Kerm and Jon ruined the opening scene for people who hadn't seen it by acting the whole thing out at TDubbs place?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2010, 02:42:51 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 21, 2010, 02:36:30 PM

What about that time when Kerm and Jon ruined the opening scene for people who hadn't seen it by acting the whole thing out at TDubbs place?

I tried to pretend I had no idea what was going on and that I was watching something different.  Consequently, I was quite surprised to find out Hans Landa was not the captain of the Millennium Falcon.  And all the Jew murdering was a bit of a shock.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2010, 03:49:35 PM »
Quote from: MAD on January 21, 2010, 10:30:55 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 21, 2010, 08:51:11 AM
Quote from: Weebs on January 21, 2010, 08:13:30 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 21, 2010, 07:59:46 AM
Quote from: MAD on January 21, 2010, 07:25:25 AM
Just saw this movie on Monday and generally agree with the consensus here.

Not QT's best, but the opening scene and the scene in the downstairs bar are both textbook examples of flawless filmmaking.  The way Tarantino builds the tension in each of these scenes is mastery of the highest order.

And this Christoph Waltz dude deserves and Oscar nomination.  The man devoured every scene he was in.

This.

Also, THIS.

I just watched it the other day, and while I enjoyed most every scene with Waltz and/or Pitt, I found myself not really caring about most of the other scenes, with the exception of the bar.

The scene in the cafe with the cream and the strudel and hot chick and Goebbels?  Nothing?  Really?

As it had Waltz, then this scene was terrific also.  Him  ordering Shoshana a glass of milk was dreadfully terrifying, considering that his reputaion for supposedly sniffing out Jews would make you wonder if he knew who she was.

It just wasn't as perfect as the two aforementioned scenes.

Everyone knows that Jews are lactose intolerant, so if she farted she is a duck.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »

To be fair, Kerm ruined more of it than I did.*

*Which is, I believe, a variation of the Nuremberg Defense.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2010, 04:13:43 PM »
Quote from: Jon on January 21, 2010, 03:50:53 PM

To be fair, Kerm ruined more of it than I did.*

*Which is, I believe, a variation of the Nuremberg Defense.

You're in luck then, GEORGE HUTCHINS is about to get that whole case thrown out.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2010, 02:18:23 PM
Comparing this film to Pulp Fiction or Resevoir Dogs and saying it's not QT's best is like saying The American Office is not as good as the Brit one.

This film was every type of excellent.

This times four of those.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2010, 11:14:46 AM »
I think Quentin ruined it by putting it in the first fifteen minutes of the movie.  I mean, COME ON!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2010, 02:35:19 PM »
It was too long.  I was bored.  Needed more Paul Walker.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2010, 11:05:26 AM »
Late to the party, but finally saw this last night.  Great flick.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »
Somebody gave me this for Christmas. 

Anybody wanna buy it?  Booooring...
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.