News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution  ( 5,377 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 11:27:38 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 08, 2010, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 08, 2010, 10:15:12 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 08, 2010, 01:30:41 PM
Quote from: BH on April 07, 2010, 12:25:28 PM
This show is interesting. Fat kids are like global warming. PROVE TO ME THAT BEING FAT ISN'T A BETTER WAY TO LIVE.
I certainly don't need a Brit with stupid hair and bad teeth telling me what good livin' is.

He can't pronounce V's or -TH sounds.  It always comes out like an F.  Like Will Smiff in Independence Day--"Welcome to Earff."

THANK YOU!!!!!  Some people never believe me on this.

I can't throw stones. I have trouble with the "th" in birthday. It's the only really South Carolinian thing I have in my accent.

What sound do you actually make?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 08:53:57 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 08, 2010, 11:27:38 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 08, 2010, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 08, 2010, 10:15:12 PM
This show is interesting. Fat kids are like global warming. PROVE TO ME THAT BEING FAT ISN'T A BETTER WAY TO LIVE.
I certainly don't need a Brit with stupid hair and bad teeth telling me what good livin' is.

He can't pronounce V's or -TH sounds.  It always comes out like an F.  Like Will Smiff in Independence Day--"Welcome to Earff."

THANK YOU!!!!!  Some people never believe me on this.

I can't throw stones. I have trouble with the "th" in birthday. It's the only really South Carolinian thing I have in my accent.

What sound do you actually make?
An f.

If I speak slooooowly, I can say it correctly. But if I say it quickly, it sounds like "berfday."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 07:29:42 AM »
It's strange, but of the quality shows I watch like The Pacific and Southland, I'm behind three weeks on those but caught up to current on the Food Revolution.  I'm pulling for the guy.  It's really tragic what our American school systems pass for qualifying servings of fruits and veggies.

On another note, in the latest episode I watched there was something called the Green Van that went around Huntington and served fresh meals like bison burgers (if you haven't tried a bison burger, do yourself a favor) and salads.  It looked amazing.  I wish we had one of those here.  Do you guys have a fancy Green Van up in the big city?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 07:39:51 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 21, 2010, 07:29:42 AM
It's strange, but of the quality shows I watch like The Pacific and Southland, I'm behind three weeks on those but caught up to current on the Food Revolution.  I'm pulling for the guy.  It's really tragic what our American school systems pass for qualifying servings of fruits and veggies.

On another note, in the latest episode I watched there was something called the Green Van that went around Huntington and served fresh meals like bison burgers (if you haven't tried a bison burger, do yourself a favor) and salads.  It looked amazing.  I wish we had one of those here.  Do you guys have a fancy Green Van up in the big city?

We have restaurants.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:51 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on April 21, 2010, 07:39:51 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 21, 2010, 07:29:42 AM

We have restaurants.

What a time to be alive.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 01:41:05 PM »
My problem with this show is that I have a hard time believing Oliver would have that many opponents in wanting to have fresh food in schools and in homes. I can understand from a budget and lunch lady having to cook the food perspective, but the head of the hospital, etc? I know it's probably a cya exercise, but I don't really buy that. My guess is that there isn't a lot of controversy, and Ryan Seacrest needs it, so they make stuff up or at least make small issues seem bigger then they really are.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 08:17:21 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 22, 2010, 01:41:05 PM
My problem with this show is that I have a hard time believing Oliver would have that many opponents in wanting to have fresh food in schools and in homes. I can understand from a budget and lunch lady having to cook the food perspective, but the head of the hospital, etc? I know it's probably a cya exercise, but I don't really buy that. My guess is that there isn't a lot of controversy, and Ryan Seacrest needs it, so they make stuff up or at least make small issues seem bigger then they really are.

The whole radio show host thing was clearly written into the show.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 02:58:19 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/30/jamie-oliver-health-minis_n_631116.html

"Britain's new health minister has rejected celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's approach to improving school food and tackling childhood obesity."

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 30, 2010, 02:58:19 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/30/jamie-oliver-health-minis_n_631116.html

"Britain's new health minister has rejected celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's approach to improving school food and tackling childhood obesity."

The coalition government is still butthurt about him ruining chicken McNuggets for them.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »

That's because he's a fat-tongued cunt.  Indeed, Google "fat-tongued cunt" and see how many of the hits are Jamie Oliver-related.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 03, 2010, 03:44:37 PM

That's because he's a fat-tongued cunt.  Indeed, Google "fat-tongued cunt" and see how many of the hits are Jamie Oliver-related.

I love England.  You guys take swearing to another, epic level. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, Tonker, but I've been told it's acceptable in the UK to call a woman a cunt or a twat, but calling her a cow is over the line. 
M'lady.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 03, 2010, 03:44:37 PM

About 731 out of 1,060 for those wondering.