News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I had THE DREAM again last night...  ( 7,868 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I had THE DREAM again last night...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 23, 2012, 01:33:11 PM
One time, I got so baked I forgot to smoke the rest of the bowl.

Wait...what are we doing in here?

Apparently talking about SHORT term memory loss.

*Raises hand, waits for high-five that will never come*

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »
It wasn't really a dream per se, but I woke up in the middle of the night Friday with Mikkel Boedker's name repeating over and over again in my head.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 23, 2012, 02:51:14 PM
It wasn't really a dream per se, but I woke up in the middle of the night Friday with Mikkel Boedker's name repeating over and over again in my head dong hanging out of my mouth.

Cool story, bruh'd.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 23, 2012, 02:40:53 PM

Consider your five highed.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 04:49:58 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 23, 2012, 04:12:34 PM

Something something Oleg thinks everyone else is high too.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 23, 2012, 04:49:58 PM
Quote from: Oleg on April 23, 2012, 04:12:34 PM

Something something Oleg thinks everyone else is high too.

He even thinks their numbers are high.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 10:45:58 PM »
It wasn't really a dream per se, but I woke up in the middle of the night Friday with Mikkel Boedker's name repeating over and over again in my head.

I've had the same name repeating in my head upon waking for years, ever since I took a bad slip and fall on the ice in the magic alley that was directly cushioned by the back of my head.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 23, 2012, 10:45:58 PM

I've had the same name repeating in my head upon waking for years, ever since I took a bad slip and fall on the ice in the magic alley that was directly cushioned by the back of my head.

Is that name "Mikkel Boedker"?

And, if so, don't you think you could have warned us?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 09:49:12 AM »
I had the dream again last night.  I was back in law school.  I was attending the first lecture of the semester in a business/tax law class.  I had no text book and spent the hour looking for my seat.  The professor never said a word and stood for an hour with his back to the class.  I sneaked a peek at someone's textbook.  It was a Disney book about two Central American Indians circumnavigating the globe in a dugout canoe. It was not unlike my actual law school experience
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 11:44:49 AM »

I dreamt last night that I was an undergraduate at UC Berkeley again.  I have to get to my final exam in Econ. 101.  Unfortunately, having never attended any of the classes, I have no idea where the exam is being given.  I wander aimlessly around the campus until I accidently stumble into the right room only to find that the time is up and the blue books are being collected.

I was an undergraduate over 60 years ago.  Why does that dream haunt me?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 08, 2018, 11:44:49 AM

I dreamt last night that I was an undergraduate at UC Berkeley again.  I have to get to my final exam in Econ. 101.  Unfortunately, having never attended any of the classes, I have no idea where the exam is being given.  I wander aimlessly around the campus until I accidently stumble into the right room only to find that the time is up and the blue books are being collected.

I was an undergraduate over 60 years ago.  Why does that dream haunt me?

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; . . .
M'lady.

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 20, 2012, 10:23:51 AM
I am back in college.  I am scheduled to take a final exam.  Not only have I not studied for it, I have never attended any of the lectures, I have never read the books, and I am not even sure of the name of the course.  This is not the first time that I have had this dream.  It has recurred countless times since I graduated 55 years ago.

Sometimes it is for a college exam.
Sometimes it is for a job I used to have.
Other times it is for the job I currently have.

Almost always I am wearing nothing but a pair of tighty whities.

Something about not feeling prepared for life.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2020, 10:54:56 AM »
I had THE DREAM again, or a version of it.  The one where I am back in college and I have to get to a final exam but I can't find the room or the building where the exam was being given.  Only last night in THE DREAM I had five term papers to write and only three days to get them all done.  Furthermore, I didn't have a typewriter (remember I was in college 65 or seventy years ago and personal computers hadn't been invented.)  Why can't I have the dream where I can fly anymore?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2020, 04:20:27 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 22, 2020, 10:54:56 AM
I had THE DREAM again, or a version of it.  The one where I am back in college and I have to get to a final exam but I can't find the room or the building where the exam was being given.  Only last night in THE DREAM I had five term papers to write and only three days to get them all done.  Furthermore, I didn't have a typewriter (remember I was in college 65 or seventy years ago and personal computers hadn't been invented.)  Why can't I have the dream where I can fly anymore?

I had a dream last year, brought on by a distraught parent whose tween daughter had stopped listening to her, that my son was 12 years old and hated me. Thing about it was, I actually didn't remember the dream after I woke up. I got up, took my son to his daycare for a half day, and as I dropped him off, I realized I couldn't shake a nagging feeling I had and that I'd possibly had a dream about him. It wasn't until he came home from daycare a few hours later that I remembered it, and when it hit me, I just started sobbing. For about an hour.

Stress dreams suck.
M'lady.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on December 25, 2020, 04:20:27 PM
Quote from: CBStew on December 22, 2020, 10:54:56 AM

I had a dream last year, brought on by a distraught parent whose tween daughter had stopped listening to her, that my son was 12 years old and hated me. Thing about it was, I actually didn't remember the dream after I woke up. I got up, took my son to his daycare for a half day, and as I dropped him off, I realized I couldn't shake a nagging feeling I had and that I'd possibly had a dream about him. It wasn't until he came home from daycare a few hours later that I remembered it, and when it hit me, I just started sobbing. For about an hour.

Stress dreams suck.

Treasure these days.  My sons are all adults.  I have the feeling that I missed their childhoods.