News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Baker/Nady Platoon Sploooge Thread.  ( 6,704 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Baker/Nady Platoon Sploooge Thread.
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2010, 09:45:54 AM »
Quote from: SMan on April 17, 2010, 11:27:26 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on April 17, 2010, 09:37:26 PM
Internet creed: when logic, reason, and evidence fly in the face of your opinions, you must troll a message board.

Wait a min, is this directed towards me? Am I not only being irrationally attacked, but now also called a troll because I pointed out Baker has a very Patterson-like .249/.306/.390/.696 line in 496 PA away from Coors??? Wow...

And the worst part? Let's just go along with it for a second. Lets say those whopping 39 hits at Wrigley leading to the 809 OPS means he is just not that bad here. What does that really mean? Doesnt that still leave us with 82 games where he sucks balls with the career .249/.306/.390/.696 road line? I mean even if he should somehow be expected to hit okay at Wrigley, isnt that still only half the games we play???

Seriously, what a stupid fucking straw-man argument you all brought... "he might not completely suck balls when in Chicago, he only does that in the other 50% of the games - so you are wrong!"

:/

If you respond to a single throw-away comment with a rant, you must be ... eh, fuck it.
M'lady.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 09:54:52 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 18, 2010, 09:45:54 AM
If you respond to a single throw-away comment with a rant, you must be...

You must be KurtEvans?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »
Quote from: SMan on April 17, 2010, 06:53:57 PMLook, I don't really care who gets you guys all wet.

The thought of Samarja locked in a barn full of flames and horseplop gets my mangina sopping wet.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on May 06, 2010, 05:33:26 PM
Kermit has a blog?  Where are the articles for people to comment on?

Did the Deadspin I-Team also factcheck the Will Leitch story on Bartman, which asserted Bartman went to the game alone, listened to Ron Santo call the game on the radio, and was so destitute he probably had to squirrel away whatever pennies he had to go to the game?

All of this is false.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 11:52:08 AM »

For what it's worth, the fart story is, apparently, real.  The guy who tipped it said that something big is coming along in the organization before the trade deadline.  I can only assume this means they're going to trade Zambrano for Cesar Izturis and send Castro back down.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 11:55:36 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 10, 2010, 11:52:08 AM

For what it's worth, the fart story is, apparently, real.  The guy who tipped it said that something big is coming along in the organization before the trade deadline.  I can only assume this means they're going to trade Zambrano for Cesar Izturis and send Castro back down.

"Before the trade deadline" seems too specific. Could you get back to him and see if he could be more vague?

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 12:15:46 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 10, 2010, 11:55:36 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on May 10, 2010, 11:52:08 AM

"Before the trade deadline" seems too specific. Could you get back to him and see if he could be more vague?

"July," but he didn't say which year.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »
Quick, someone check with DEEP GOAT.  Only then will I believe.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »
I remember the good ole days when we could believe rumors made up by SBoxers who knew people who knew players and when they took showers before plane flights to Baltimore.  Frankfurters only cost a nickel, too.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 04:08:37 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 10, 2010, 03:20:49 PM
I remember the good ole days when we could believe rumors made up by SBoxers who knew people who knew players and when they took showers before plane flights to Baltimore.  Frankfurters only cost a nickel, too.

How much were Garbanzo Beans?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck