News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Good Guys  ( 2,844 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Good Guys
« on: May 28, 2010, 08:13:55 PM »
Anyone else watch this?  It's pretty good.  Lots of shooting stuff and car chases.  Bradley Whitford's pretty funny in it.  I like it.  I'm sure it won't last so catch it while you can!!!!!!!!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Good Guys
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »
You beat me to it.  I thought that it was very clever.  It is an "almost" spoof of the buddy cop genre.  They don't want to take it all the way over into farce, but what they do is very good.  I think that you are wrong, I think that this show will catch on.  Whitford (I thought that it was Whitmore, but you are probably right) is a very funny actor.   None of his lines are serious.  At times I thought that he was channeling John Belushi. He has come a long way from his role in "West Wing". 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »

It was funny enough to make Nia Vardalos bearable.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »
I liked it.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:01:32 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 29, 2010, 10:55:24 AM
You beat me to it.  I thought that it was very clever.  It is an "almost" spoof of the buddy cop genre.  They don't want to take it all the way over into farce, but what they do is very good.  I think that you are wrong, I think that this show will catch on.  Whitford (I thought that it was Whitmore, but you are probably right) is a very funny actor.   None of his lines are serious.  At times I thought that he was channeling John Belushi. He has come a long way from his role in "West Wing". 

Exactly.  Couldn't agree more.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 01:20:33 PM »
Second episode was last night.  And pretty good to boot.  I'd recommend it at this point.  Pretty funny.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 04:10:35 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 08, 2010, 01:20:33 PM
Second episode was last night.  And pretty good to boot.  I'd recommend it at this point.  Pretty funny.

I have concern that it is a one joke show and that before too much longer I will have grown bored with the joke.  I did like the recruitment of the location-ankle bracelet wearing perp as a back-up cop, however.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 02:05:19 AM »
Another solid episode tonight.  Not great, but not bad either.

Jenny Wade is hot.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 08:29:46 AM »

Nice ass on the chick from "Community".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 09:08:04 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 22, 2010, 08:29:46 AM

Nice ass on the chick from "Community".

You fuckin' homo...wait.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 01:50:42 AM »
"Detective Stark made a visual inspection and determined that the boxes were filled with crime."

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
I still like it.  It got picked up.  It starts back up soon.  I think it's on Friday nights now, so enjoy it while it lasts.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »
M'lady.