News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pizza Pizza  ( 65,565 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pizza Pizza
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 09:40:11 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on June 30, 2010, 09:37:45 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on June 30, 2010, 09:22:57 AM
Did anybody ever say that they've been to Great Lake?  I can't remember.  It seems to always be rated number 1, but I have never been, and never think to go there.  Do they deliver to my parents' condo?

I don't think they deliver at all.

But maybe give them a call and see if they'll make an exception.

I bet if you told them you could fit a large pie on your forehead they'd deliver, if only to use you in their advertising.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 30, 2010, 08:05:16 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on June 30, 2010, 07:48:54 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 29, 2010, 11:42:43 PM
Lately, I've really been into My Pie. Don't know how the pizza experts rank it but their thick is tasty.

That is true.  and the one over on Damen has it ready to eat whenever.

How did Santullo's make that list?  It's a late night pizza place that is only good when you're hammed up.

Santullo's is good when you're wasted. Can you eat it at other times? I'm pretty sure it's only there when you're drunk and when you're not it's a bookstore or something.

Not to mention the weirdos that make the pizza.  I know they look like you and BH, but they're weird to me dammit.

Did anybody ever say that they've been to Great Lake?  I can't remember.  It seems to always be rated number 1, but I have never been, and never think to go there.  Do they deliver to my parents' condo?

I had Great Lake. We only had it because we had a friend that lived a couple blocks away, so we could pound some Zimas while we waited for that guy to make our pizza. The pizza was really good, but I don't think it was "make the trip to Andersonville and wait 2 or 3 hours in a tiny restaurant" good.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 30, 2010, 09:47:25 AM
Lately, I've really been into My Pie. Don't know how the pizza experts rank it but their thick is tasty.

How did Santullo's make that list?  It's a late night pizza place that is only good when you're hammed up.

Santullo's is good when you're wasted. Can you eat it at other times? I'm pretty sure it's only there when you're drunk and when you're not it's a bookstore or something.

Not to mention the weirdos that make the pizza.  I know they look like you and BH, but they're weird to me dammit.

I had Great Lake. We only had it because we had a friend that lived a couple blocks away, so we could pound some Zimas while we waited for that guy to make our pizza. The pizza was really good, but I don't think it was "make the trip to Andersonville and wait 2 or 3 hours in a tiny restaurant" good.

Was the asspounding worth the trip?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 10:28:36 AM »
Quote from: Fork on June 30, 2010, 10:14:56 AM

And the t-shirt that says "I Got Asspounded In Front of Hamburger Mary's"?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 30, 2010, 10:28:36 AM
Quote from: Fork on June 30, 2010, 10:14:56 AM

And the t-shirt that says "I Got Asspounded In Front of Hamburger Mary's"?

Yes, and it's a halter top.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »
I had deep dish from Philly's Best the other day.  It is right up there with the best I've had.  I think I've ordered from there three times, and each time I'm surprised at how heavy the box is when the lady hands it to me over the counter.  It's crazy.  It's like a lot better version of Giordano's.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 03:59:07 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 08, 2010, 03:36:59 PM
each time I'm surprised at how heavy the box is when the lady hands it to me over the counter. .

You should probably stop with the pilates and start lifting some weights.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 04:43:47 PM »
I had deep dish from Philly's Best the other day.  It is right up there with the best I've had.  I think I've ordered from there three times, and each time I'm surprised at how heavy the box is when the lady hands it to me over the counter.  It's crazy.  It's like a lot better version of Giordano's.

How many slices did you eat?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 10:46:49 PM »
Quote from: BH on July 08, 2010, 04:43:47 PM

How many slices did you eat?

I was really hung over, so only 2 or so.  They're really stuffed with goodness.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010, 03:50:25 PM »
Anyone try Burt's Place in Morton Grove?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 03:33:32 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 22, 2010, 03:50:25 PM

No, afraid not.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 23, 2010, 03:33:32 AM

No, afraid not.

Really good pizza. Strange place. It's located on Ferris, just north of Lincoln, a short walk from the Metra station. The place is a little quirky. Only open Wednesday through Saturday. You need to call ahead for your pizza or a table, if you're eating in. Like several hours ahead or days in advance. Once they have all the orders they care to take, they stop answering the phone. If you don't call ahead, they won't seat you.

If you know this in advance, it's worth it. He does a thinner-than-average deep dish and a thicker than average thin crust. Both are excellent. Worth a try.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 09:29:42 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 23, 2010, 09:20:08 AM
Quote from: Tonker on July 23, 2010, 03:33:32 AM

No, afraid not.

Really good pizza. Strange place. It's located on Ferris, just north of Lincoln, a short walk from the Metra station. The place is a little quirky. Only open Wednesday through Saturday. You need to call ahead for your pizza or a table, if you're eating in. Like several hours ahead or days in advance. Once they have all the orders they care to take, they stop answering the phone. If you don't call ahead, they won't seat you.

If you know this in advance, it's worth it. He does a thinner-than-average deep dish and a thicker than average thin crust. Both are excellent. Worth a try.

I have a couple friends that were just telling me about this place.  They said some family came in trying to get seated and they were told to take a hike.  They couldn't remember the name of the place...just that it was in Morton Grove.  Thanks, Teej.  I gotta hit this place up soon.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »
Had Pequod's the other day for the first time. Overall it was really good, but the crust was outstanding.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2010, 03:50:33 PM »
Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2010, 03:18:41 PM
Had Pequod's the other day for the first time. Overall it was really good, but the crust was outstanding.

I popped my Pequod cherry two hours ago.  It's very, very good.  Not a ton of cheese, a nice blend of crispy crust with a soft midsection.  Great sauce.  Ambience of a 1970s basement.