News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tudors  ( 1,117 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Tudors
« on: June 14, 2010, 01:03:05 PM »
Now that there is only one episode left after three(?) seasons on Showtime, I am finally ready to comment of this political, religious, social and sexual history of Henry VIII.  Why they call it "The Tudors" and limit it to the reign of Henry VIII probably has to do with the plethora of TV versions of Henry and the attempt to say something different.  Because of the length of this show they certainly said more than any of the earlier shows, but it wasn't different.  Then again, what you saw with Henry was was you got.  No getting around it, the English were bloodthirsty bastards.  Next year Showtime will start a series on the Borgias, with Jeremy Irons.  I am looking forward to it.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Tudors
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 07:40:18 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 14, 2010, 01:03:05 PM
Now that there is only one episode left after three(?) seasons on Showtime, I am finally ready to comment of this political, religious, social and sexual history of Henry VIII.  Why they call it "The Tudors" and limit it to the reign of Henry VIII probably has to do with the plethora of TV versions of Henry and the attempt to say something different.  Because of the length of this show they certainly said more than any of the earlier shows, but it wasn't different.  Then again, what you saw with Henry was was you got.  No getting around it, the English were bloodthirsty bastards.  Next year Showtime will start a series on the Borgias, with Jeremy Irons.  I am looking forward to it.

This show sucks. I hate it so much. Sometimes boobs.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Tudors
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 08:57:40 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 24, 2010, 07:40:18 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 14, 2010, 01:03:05 PM

This show sucks. I hate it so much. Sometimes boobs.

My parents love it. I think you guys would still get along.