News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: please fire SOMEBODY  ( 3,521 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
please fire SOMEBODY
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »
I need bloodshed.  It is customary to fire somebody when things are this bad.  They aren't going to fire Piniella or Hendry.  So why not Jaramillo?  Or the first base coach?  Most guys who get on first base never get any farther, so he must be responsible.  Maybe the third base coach is so repulsive that none of the players want to have anything to do with him.  Fire his ass.  Fire the guy in the scoreboard who is responsible for putting up all of those zeroes.  Clear out all of the ticket sellers.  If the Cubs don't sell any tickets they won't have anyone in the stands to encourage management to keep things as they are.  Fire Len and Bob.  I dn't know why, just do it!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: please fire SOMEBODY
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 29, 2010, 09:39:04 AM
I need bloodshed.  It is customary to fire somebody when things are this bad.  They aren't going to fire Piniella or Hendry.  So why not Jaramillo?  Or the first base coach?  Most guys who get on first base never get any farther, so he must be responsible.   Maybe the third base coach is so repulsive that none of the players want to have anything to do with him.  Fire his ass.  Fire the guy in the scoreboard who is responsible for putting up all of those zeroes.  Clear out all of the ticket sellers.  If the Cubs don't sell any tickets they won't have anyone in the stands to encourage management to keep things as they are.  Fire Len and Bob.  I dn't know why, just do it!

No sir. Nobody fucks with De Jesus.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »
I need bloodshed.  It is customary to fire somebody when things are this bad.  They aren't going to fire Piniella or Hendry.  So why not Jaramillo?  Or the first base coach?  Most guys who get on first base never get any farther, so he must be responsible.  Maybe the third base coach is so repulsive that none of the players want to have anything to do with him.  Fire his ass.  Fire the guy in the scoreboard who is responsible for putting up all of those zeroes.  Clear out all of the ticket sellers.  If the Cubs don't sell any tickets they won't have anyone in the stands to encourage management to keep things as they are.  Fire Len and Bob.  I dn't know why, just do it!

Calm down Stew. Ricketts doesn't want to make an rash decisions. He's going to need time to evaluate this correctly.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »
Quote from: BH on June 29, 2010, 09:46:29 AM

Calm down Stew. Ricketts doesn't want to make an rash decisions. He's going to need time to evaluate this correctly.

Hopefully take their time. While they're thinking it over they can extend Hendry for a couple more years just to make sure everything has been fully evaluated.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »
I need bloodshed.  It is customary to fire somebody when things are this bad.  They aren't going to fire Piniella or Hendry.  So why not Jaramillo?[  Or the first base coach?  Most guys who get on first base never get any farther, so he must be responsible.  Maybe the third base coach is so repulsive that none of the players want to have anything to do with him.  Fire his ass.  Fire the guy in the scoreboard who is responsible for putting up all of those zeroes.  Clear out all of the ticket sellers.  If the Cubs don't sell any tickets they won't have anyone in the stands to encourage management to keep things as they are.  Fire Len and Bob.  I dn't know why, just do it!

Remember when Jaramillo was supposed to be the saviour? Those were .... go.... well, times. They were times.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:21:21 AM »
Are we still evaluating the guy who makes the nacho helmets?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 29, 2010, 09:48:32 AM
Hopefully take their time. While they're thinking it over they can extend Hendry for a couple more years just to make sure everything has been fully evaluated.

This is why the season is starting to get frustrating.  The losing doesn't bother me all that much, because I never expected the team to be competitive.  But it's quite obvious that there needs to be a front-office change, so what are they waiting for?  Not only is there no point in letting Hendry finish out the season, it'd probably cause damage long term.  Fire Hendry and let Wilken or that new Kaplan guy be the interim GM while Ricketts finds the next Friedman or Epstein.  That way they'd have a few months on the job to evaluate the team, rather than starting fresh in October or November.  There's absolutely no point in waiting.

As for potential replacements, I'd hope Ricketts looks at this guy or this guy.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:29:36 AM »

Labor lawyer, huh?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:30:23 AM »
Hire Gerald Perry, then fire him again.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »
Right now Tom is too busy looking for the next container to put nachos in.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 29, 2010, 10:29:36 AM
I need bloodshed.  It is customary to fire somebody when things are this bad.  They aren't going to fire Piniella or Hendry.  So why not Jaramillo?  Or the first base coach?  Most guys who get on first base never get any farther, so he must be responsible.  Maybe the third base coach is so repulsive that none of the players want to have anything to do with him.  Fire his ass.  Fire the guy in the scoreboard who is responsible for putting up all of those zeroes.  Clear out all of the ticket sellers.  If the Cubs don't sell any tickets they won't have anyone in the stands to encourage management to keep things as they are.  Fire Len and Bob.  I dn't know why, just do it!

Labor lawyer, huh?

He's advoacting exorbiatant compensation for someone who will do absolutely nothing. Sounds about right.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 29, 2010, 10:26:35 AM
But it's quite obvious that there needs to be a front-office change, so what are they waiting for?  Not only is there no point in letting Hendry finish out the season, it'd probably cause damage long term.  Fire Hendry and let Wilken or that new Kaplan guy be the interim GM while Ricketts finds the next Friedman or Epstein.  That way they'd have a few months on the job to evaluate the team, rather than starting fresh in October or November.  There's absolutely no point in waiting.

There are 7.5 million reasons for the Ricketts to wait.  Then again, between the noodle and the Toyota sign and their share of the BP Spill Proof Cup money, you'd think they found enough money this year to cover axing Hendry and the money he's due the next three years.

If only they didn't have so much debt to worry about.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »
What bothers me the most is if the Cubs FIREBARNSALE the team.  I would like some competence running that flea market.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 10:45:49 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 29, 2010, 10:39:45 AM
Quote from: Oleg on June 29, 2010, 10:29:36 AM
I need bloodshed.  It is customary to fire somebody when things are this bad.  They aren't going to fire Piniella or Hendry.  So why not Jaramillo?  Or the first base coach?  Most guys who get on first base never get any farther, so he must be responsible.  Maybe the third base coach is so repulsive that none of the players want to have anything to do with him.  Fire his ass.  Fire the guy in the scoreboard who is responsible for putting up all of those zeroes.  Clear out all of the ticket sellers.  If the Cubs don't sell any tickets they won't have anyone in the stands to encourage management to keep things as they are.  Fire Len and Bob.  I dn't know why, just do it!

Labor lawyer, huh?

He's advoacting exorbiatant compensation for someone who will do absolutely nothing. Sounds about right.

Ouch.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 10:49:06 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 29, 2010, 10:26:35 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 29, 2010, 09:48:32 AM

This is why the season is starting to get frustrating.  The losing doesn't bother me all that much, because I never expected the team to be competitive.  But it's quite obvious that there needs to be a front-office change, so what are they waiting for?  Not only is there no point in letting Hendry finish out the season, it'd probably cause damage long term.  Fire Hendry and let Wilken or that new Kaplan guy be the interim GM while Ricketts finds the next Friedman or Epstein.  That way they'd have a few months on the job to evaluate the team, rather than starting fresh in October or November.  There's absolutely no point in waiting.

As for potential replacements, I'd hope Ricketts looks at this guy or this guy.

You want the Cubs to hire Kip Fagg? You statqueers are so predictable.

QuoteKip Fagg, who most recently has worked as a national amateur crosschecker, is expected to move into the director of amateur scouting role, Josh Boyd, the manager of pro scouting, will likely move up to pro scouting director.

Instead of finding the next Friedman, why don't they just hire the first one?