News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 57,583 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #421 on: November 07, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 07, 2013, 12:48:24 PM
Will we ever find a cure for clown disease?

Maybe, once Nixon was elected, he defunded all government research into the cure and we're only now recovering.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #422 on: November 07, 2013, 01:08:27 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 07, 2013, 01:02:19 PM

Maybe, once Nixon was elected, he defunded all government research into the cure and we're only now recovering.

ACA requires all health care plans to cover treatment for Clown Disease. It was a pre-existing condition for the Ricketts, so they chose a plan that didn't cover it. But now, it looks like they will get it covered so there will be hope for Theo and Jed. Problem is, Todd is the guy in charge of navigating the healthcare exchange website.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: November 07, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 07, 2013, 01:08:27 PM
Quote from: CT III on November 07, 2013, 01:02:19 PM

ACA requires all health care plans to cover treatment for Clown Disease. It was a pre-existing condition for the Ricketts, so they chose a plan that didn't cover it. But now, it looks like they will get it covered so there will be hope for Theo and Jed. Problem is, Todd is the guy in charge of navigating the healthcare exchange website.

Todd's also the president of the Ending Spending SuperPAC. That and his bike shop.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: November 07, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »

What kind of ribbon do I need to promote clown disease awareness?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: November 07, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 07, 2013, 01:39:04 PM

I dunno, but if you tug on it, it leads to an endless series of knotted handkerchiefs.

Oh shit, I've got Fork Disease.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 07, 2013, 01:59:45 PM

I dunno, but if you tug on it, it leads to an endless series of knotted handkerchiefs.

Big shoes to fill.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: November 07, 2013, 02:31:50 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 07, 2013, 02:23:57 PM

Big shoes to fill.

I wonder if Mike Murphy will be mad at Rosenbloom for stealing his bit. "Andy the Clown, honk honk, slidewhistle" and that.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: November 07, 2013, 02:32:19 PM »

Too descriptive. I think it would have been something more like "One that sprays water."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: November 07, 2013, 03:29:45 PM »
I don't understand this fixation on the Cubs' attendance. When the Ricketti hired Jepstink, they bought into the fact that a complete gutting of the organization would mean last place finishes and a drop in attendance. They have compensated for this by cutting payroll.

The drop in attendance isn't a failure, it's the cost of a rebuild.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: November 07, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 07, 2013, 03:29:45 PM
I don't understand this fixation on the Cubs' attendance. When the Ricketti hired Jepstink, they bought into the fact that a complete gutting of the organization would mean last place finishes and a drop in attendance. They have compensated for this by cutting payroll.

it's hardly a Wirtzian reaction - this isn't people staying away until someone dies.

The Cubs will eventually, the odds say, put together a decent ballclub. If they're even remotely competitive by the time school gets out the place will be packed every damn day.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: November 07, 2013, 03:41:51 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 07, 2013, 03:39:12 PM

it's hardly a Wirtzian reaction - this isn't people staying away until someone dies.

The Cubs will eventually, the odds say, put together a decent ballclub. If they're even remotely competitive by the time school gets out the place will be packed every damn day.

It's actually amazing that a team as bad as the last 2 years have anyone showing up.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: November 07, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »

It's still bizarre to me though, people were okay when the team was bad due to the incompetence of the front office, but now that the team has been bad by design, they're upset.  I guess Cubs fans don't mind the shit sandwich as long as you tell them its chocolate.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: November 07, 2013, 06:18:25 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 07, 2013, 04:23:10 PM

It's still bizarre to me though, people were okay when the team was bad due to the incompetence of the front office, but now that the team has been bad by design, they're upset.  I guess Cubs fans don't mind the shit sandwich as long as you tell them its chocolate.

You guys: I've been thinking. It's entirely possible that Cubs fans are actually pretty dumb.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2013, 07:19:16 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 07, 2013, 09:09:46 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 07, 2013, 09:01:38 AM
Quote from: Bort on November 07, 2013, 08:55:49 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 07, 2013, 08:12:50 AM
Rent Rickeria
Rick Brujeria
Diarrhea
Gonorrhea
Seborrhea
Pyorrhea

and so forth.

Rentstink Is Terrible

Dys-enteria

Hysteria

Rick Dysentheriot. I bet there is audio somewhere of Harry hilariously pronouncing Edgar Renteria's name in 1997.
Garbanzeria