News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mad Men - New Season  ( 40,982 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Mad Men - New Season
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »
(DPD)

Holy shit.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2012, 10:30:30 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2012, 09:31:04 AM »
Haven't seen this week's episode yet. Last week's was much, much better. Thank you.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
This weeks episode is a major FYIA

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on May 29, 2012, 10:48:28 AM

I hope you're right and that it somehow makes the first nine episodes of this season less-shitty.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2012, 11:14:15 AM

I hope you're right and that it somehow makes the first nine episodes of this season less-shitty.

You are as wrong about this season as Wheezer is about human food.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 29, 2012, 12:03:25 PM

Someday, when we're old and ancient, I'm going to link to a blog by someone who is well-known for watching and blogging about TV that is going to concur that this season has been a blemish on an otherwise outstanding series and you're going to feel so dumb at that time.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2012, 01:52:42 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 29, 2012, 12:37:15 PM

Someday, when we're old and ancient, I'm going to link to a blog by someone who is well-known for watching and blogging about TV that is going to concur that this season has been a blemish on an otherwise outstanding series and you're going to feel so dumb at that time.

If you are old and ancient by the end of the year, I predict you will be right.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2012, 02:14:33 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 29, 2012, 01:52:42 PM

Adding Chuck to your side may lead to the weight of your collective wrongness collapsing into a neutron star.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 29, 2012, 02:14:33 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 29, 2012, 01:52:42 PM

Adding Chuck to your side may lead to the weight of your collective wrongness collapsing into a neutron star.

Guys keep telling me I'm wrong without really explaining why. At least copy and paste a Fro Dog post to back up your position. Perhaps there's something I'm missing here and I'd be willing to keep an open mind because I do like this show and hope it gets better.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
Well, this one was better. Period.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2012, 09:56:18 AM »
Here, Chuck.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2012, 10:06:08 AM »
So, while Lane's death was handled well and it made sense from where they put the character, the setup was very lacking.  I didn't buy Lane's issue with coming up with the cash for back taxes or how the bank upped the line of credit.

Lane was involved in mergers and overseas management of more than one branch of the Britich company he worked for. He had to be well paid. He has no savings? $7,500 is about $50,000 today.  He has to come up with that much right now?  To pay back taxes to a country 6000 miles away? What happens to him if he doesn't pay on time? I doubt US Marshalls are going to come to deport him. And his family is in the States. Not like he has to go back to London anytime soon.  Felt like a very ginned up Macguffin to get Lane in deep trouble.

Add that the writers handled the last bit with the bank so well when they all the partners had to sign on to loans to keep the company afloat.  That was done quite well and quite accurately.  This time, Lane goes to the bank, pours a drink with me-circa-1967 and the guy gives him a $50,000 increase?  That has to be signed for by the officers of the company.  Given that there are dual check signors, the likely have dual loan signors as well.

This show did great on details in the past.  This was sloppy by their previous standards.  The resolution was fine.  The setup felt like, "OK, we need to have Lane commit suicide. What could motivate him to do that? I know, tax debts!"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 04, 2012, 10:06:08 AM
Felt like a very ginned up Macguffin to get Lane in deep trouble.

Pretty much.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 04, 2012, 10:06:08 AM
So, while Lane's death was handled well and it made sense from where they put the character, the setup was very lacking.  I didn't buy Lane's issue with coming up with the cash for back taxes or how the bank upped the line of credit.

Lane was involved in mergers and overseas management of more than one branch of the Britich company he worked for. He had to be well paid. He has no savings? $7,500 is about $50,000 today.  He has to come up with that much right now?  To pay back taxes to a country 6000 miles away? What happens to him if he doesn't pay on time? I doubt US Marshalls are going to come to deport him. And his family is in the States. Not like he has to go back to London anytime soon.  Felt like a very ginned up Macguffin to get Lane in deep trouble.

Add that the writers handled the last bit with the bank so well when they all the partners had to sign on to loans to keep the company afloat.  That was done quite well and quite accurately.  This time, Lane goes to the bank, pours a drink with me-circa-1967 and the guy gives him a $50,000 increase?  That has to be signed for by the officers of the company.  Given that there are dual check signors, the likely have dual loan signors as well.

This show did great on details in the past.  This was sloppy by their previous standards.  The resolution was fine.  The setup felt like, "OK, we need to have Lane commit suicide. What could motivate him to do that? I know, tax debts!"

Could you possibly be more one dimensional?

This was a very good episode.

I really, really hate Internet Chuck.

And by saying that I mean I like Real Chuck.

I'm so conflicted.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen